Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

He should be, the question is whether or not he'll be charged in her death.

"The prop gun that Baldwin fired contained a "live single round", according to an email sent by the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees to its membership, reports Variety."

#6741 Morgotha, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Why would he be.? He didn’t load the gun. The prop guy did.
    As far as Baldwin knew, there was a blank in the gun.

The truth is out there

4. Sharpie61

5. Morgotha

Reading the article, there had been several "accidental" discharges of a weapon on the set, and multiple people left the set because of safety concerns. He is not just an actor, but a producer of the film. He has an obligation to make sure there aren't live rounds in a weapon he is pointing at someone, IMO. How hard would it have been for him to check? A woman would still be alive if he had. Isn't that the definition of negligent homicide?

6. Sharpie61

As this article explains, while, yes, he could be charged, there were other executives on that set, and any one of them could have made those cuts. Any one of them could have brought in inexperienced workers.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/alec-...in-shooting-of-halyna-hutchins-legal-experts/
    One of the execs had a history of cutting safety protocols

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ory-unsafe-practices-prop-maker-says-n1282226

He’s probably going to have to pay civilly for negligence.
    And mentally, as he now has to live with the fact that he shot someone.

The truth is out there

#6746 Sharpie61, Oct 24, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

The article cited said everyone is going to probably be sued. This is a good example of why employers shouldn’t try to undermine their qualified and unionized staff in favor of trying to save money and replacing them with people who may not have the experience or know what they’re doing. If you can’t afford to make a movie that uses weapons or other special effects then don’t until you can afford to do it properly.

I just read this article focusing in on the man who told Baldwin it was a cold gun. Sounds like a guy I wouldn’t want working on set.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ory-unsafe-practices-prop-maker-says-n1282226

#6747 purriwinkle, Oct 24, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  8. Sharpie61

9. Morgotha

My point would be that Hollywood isn't practicing even a minimum of gun safety. One should ALWAYS assume a gun is loaded and never point a gun at anyone unless you *personally* have just assured yourself that it was truly empty. I can't even imagine what the scene would be if Baldwin showed up on a gun range and pointed a gun at someone and said, "hey, what's the problem, this person over here told me it was empty".

It takes no effort at all to see if there's actually a round in the chamber of a gun. If someone gave Baldwin a gun and told him it was "cold" - a Hollywood synonym for empty - he had IMO the very minimal duty of assuring that was the case prior to pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger. A woman is dead because he was too lazy or too arrogant not to.

10. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

https://apple.news/ATyPI5fRuTlK4gb2vr5u_zw

On her previous movie the armorer loaded blanks on the ground and a pebble may have entered the barrel causing an 11 yr old girl to discharge the weapon. That may be what happened here as well. There were concerns about her on that set as well. They called her careless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Morgotha

She sounds like a bad egg as well.

12. DeadZedHead

Apparently her dad was well respected. This may not have been her first choice of careers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Morgotha

In San Francisco 1/3 of the district attorneys have quit or been fired since 2020, a result of their left-wing district attorney's stance on NOT prosecuting crime. There's another recall effort, we'll see if the people of SF keep him in office like they did with Newsom.

"
    Two San Francisco prosecutors have quit their jobs in the district attorney’s office of a progressive prosecutor and joined an effort to recall him.

Prosecutors Brooke Jenkins and Don Du Bain told KNTV they have stepped down from their posts in San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin’s office due to his lack of commitment to prosecuting crimes.

"Chesa has a radical approach that involves not charging crime in the first place and simply releasing individuals with no rehabilitation and putting them in positions where they are simply more likely to re-offend," Jenkins said in the interview. "Being an African American and Latino woman, I would wholeheartedly agree that the criminal justice system needs a lot of work, but when you are a district attorney, your job is to have balance."

Du Bain added that he believed Boudin "disregards the laws that he doesn't like, and he disregards the court decisions that he doesn't like to impose his own version of what he believes is just – and that's not the job of the district attorney."

"The office was headed in such the wrong direction that the best thing I could do was to join the effort to recall Chesa Boudin as district attorney," Du Bain said.

Jenkins and Du Bain were among at least 50 lawyers from Boudin’s office who quit or were fired since he became district attorney in January of 2020, which represents roughly a third of the department’s attorneys."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-prosecutors-quit-chesa-boudin-office-recall-joined

#6753 Morgotha, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  14. Morgotha

So according to his camera operator, Baldwin was previously very careful with firearms on the set of Rust prior to this incident. I wonder why he was NOT careful this time, and why this time when he was NOT careful there was one live round in the gun... It's kind of hard to believe he would want to murder someone on set like that, but perhaps someone wanted to create a ruckus, or most probably, there's just a criminal amount of negligence on the set.

"Alec Baldwin was reportedly very careful with firearms on the set of "Rust" prior to the accidental shooting incident that left cinematographer Halyna Hutchins dead and director Joel Souza wounded.

Reid Russell, a camera operator who was working on the film's set that day, noted to detectives in a newly released affidavit that Baldwin was very careful when it came to the use of prop firearms while filming prior to the incident.

According to the warrant affidavit, which was obtained by Fox News, Russell actually commended the 63-year-old actor for his conduct during a prior scene that involved discharging a firearm. He noted that the actor observed all the safety protocols and even did an extra check-in with the crew to make sure no one was near him."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-very-careful-prop-guns-rust-accidental-shooting

15. DeadZedHead

Live round doesn’t necessarily mean live ammunition. Blanks are considered live rounds. This scene wasn’t even supposed to have blanks. It was a rehearsal. They were just checking lighting and angles. There may have been a foreign object in barrel. I don’t know if actors are even allowed to check their weapons. That might create an unsafe situation as they are not trained armorers. Going above and beyond might be limited to asking the armorer of AD if they are sure.

16. Morgotha

It wasn't supposed to have a live round and it did. That seems easy enough to understand.

I'd think an actor could check a supposedly empty gun without worrying anyone. Empty guns aren't supposed to be a danger to anyone in the first place - unless you drop them on your toe.

17. Morgotha

I doubt this will make it in to "Barbershop V", but a man was getting a haircut in NYC when two men came in and shot him. No, they didn't have their own guns, one came in and shot him a couple times and *handed the gun to the other man!* who *also* shot him a couple times. It goes to prove one thing, though, the defund the police folks had a good idea, the LAST thing NYC needs is more cops!

[​IMG]

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-city-man-shot-barbershop-video-shows

18. Morgotha

19. Sharpie61

I would imagine that’s why a movie set would hire an armorer in the first place. So the cast and crew don’t have to do a safety check.

The truth is out there

20. Sharpie61

If the actors have to check the guns for safety, then why hire an armorer.
    And not every person knows how to do that.

Now, while I know how to check a gun that has a clip, I do not know how to open a revolver and check the cylinder.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1