Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

You’re absolutely right, the article said the gun was loaded. All in all, it doesn’t look good for the young man. I’m not unreasonable. Any scenario is possible, but I don’t do worse case first. We don’t know this but it could be he is older, not a minor. He could be part of a gang or a wanna-be who was given the gun to hold so the cops wouldn’t be able to find it. I’m sure the pair consider themselves a couple but what does the girl’s mother and/or father think about that?

It said in the article, I believe, that the girl was later released. I can envision the mother storming into the station and telling the cops that they know who the guy is and that they’ve been trying to keep him away from their daughter due to his being a bad influence. Maybe that’s why the license wasn’t renewed because they thought the girl was making bad decisions and it was a way to clip her wings. I’m sure they said she took the car without their permission. Yes, there will be consequences but terrorizing the girl was something that didn’t need adding to a bad mix.

In the end, the young man is going to have to pay the piper. I don’t think he was a seasoned criminal because he was so frightened that he dropped the gun rather than use it, but his actions were of grave concern, and depending on what his age actually is and any prior violations, will be dealt with accordingly.

As for acting like a lunatic? After months and months of seeing the police kill unarmed men and women she was probably out of her mind with fear she could be killed as well. When you get a little older and wiser you learn when to shut the **** up. Maybe the parents will be having that conversation with her as well as to how to speak with the police in the future should the occasion ever arise again. I hope so.

I wish the officer had kept his cool. His reputation has been tarnished as well. I don’t know how long he has served or if he has ever had to face disciplinary actions before but how embarrassing to be reprimanded at his age and possibly go through some sort of retraining if he stays put. It’s on his record now too. With body cams becoming the norm, police officers need to remember that they can make any report they want but if the video footage doesn’t support it, there may be administrative actions taken, not to mention it doesn’t help that these things can end up on the internet. I can’t say that the dept. appreciates the bad publicity that generates either.

This is one story I would love to get a follow up on but because a minor is involved we’ll probably never hear all the details.

#6781 purriwinkle, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I doubt that even if the young man is caught he'll do *any* time for his crime. That's the trend now and the problem, isn't it? The criminal justice system isn't putting criminals in jail, they just let them out and hope they'll quit committing crimes -- it's like we're living the song "Only a Lad". Also, I *strongly* doubt her mother will storm in to the police station and denounce gunboy. My money would be on her storming in to the police station and denouncing the police and supporting the youth over the police however possible.

And I strongly disagree with your "after months of seeing police kill unarmed men and women" canard. There have been very few incidents of the police killing unarmed people, and a whole LOT of incidents of black young men killing people. If she was really looking at who was doing the killing out there she'd be afraid of her boyfriend with the illegal loaded gun sitting next to her and not the police!

I wish the officer had kept his cool as well. Perhaps working in an underfunded, understaffed, and disrespected department eventually takes its toll on the human beings who have the job of being uniformed police officers? Who knows, stranger things have turned out to be true. The more I think about it, the more I think this man should just leave the force. There are no shortage of jobs in this country now for people who are willing to work, he should go find one that will give him fulfillment in a different way, even if it means changing careers. The people he's supposed to protect would rather support criminals than the police, let them live in the type of society they've asked for. That's freedom, after all.

#6782 Morgotha, Oct 27, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  3. purriwinkle

I don’t see it that way. While the situation wasn’t good, it didn’t involve any violence resulting in injury or death. We know for certain one of the “kids” was a minor. So serious, but not catastrophic by any means.

I think the mother went to the station and like any mother, her first instinct would be to protect her daughter. She would hand the boy over on a silver platter if it mean leniency for her own girl, providing they weren’t brother and sister, lol. Who wants their minor daughter ramming around with a boy who has a stolen gun especially since they are responsible for her actions until she is 18 and in some states 21. Mom might have said something about how the officer spoke to her daughter. Maybe not. You have to be able to read the room. Done properly it could have been a good shaming moment. I don’t know about that mother but I could have done it easily and left with an apology from the precinct.

Now the police need to locate the boy, check him out, trace the weapon to any outstanding crimes and no doubt return it to it’s rightful owner, who reported it stolen. I’m sure they’ll also check to see that the owner had the gun properly registered and has a license to own one. If the department is any good, they’ll cross all their t’s and dot their i’s before it’s over.

It depends on the state as to whether this rises to the level where the boy is charged, incarcerated, let out on bail or whatever system they’re working on. It varies widely.

4. Morgotha

I'd never heard of Loudoun County before now, but it looks to be the seed of a national movement. In any event a new email has popped up from the
    The police officers were members of the anti-gang task force, so the kid will probably be found. I'd like to agree that the girl's mother would side with her welfare over the boy -- but I doubt it. I see it as more likely she'll see the police as coming after "us", "us" including the boy, and fight who she sees as the enemy of "us" which is the police. Maybe not. Hopefully we'll get some follow up to find out.

5. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

https://apple.news/AePi8wzltQlGevJI3qEAejw

Judge rules that the 3 people killed by Kyle Rittenhouse cant be called victims due to a long standing rule about it being a loaded word that cant be applied since the defendant hasn’t been convicted yet. Uh huh! But the victims can be called looters, arsonists and rioters despite the fact that they can NEVER be convicted... you know.. because they’re dead!! Sounds like the judge is loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Morgotha

"At the first location, Rittenhouse was pursued by a group, a gunshot was fired into the air by a third party, and Kenosha resident Joseph Rosenbaum lunged at Rittenhouse and attempted to take his rifle. Rittenhouse then fired four times at Rosenbaum, who died shortly afterwards.[5][6] At the second location, Rittenhouse tripped while fleeing, a man kicked him, and Rittenhouse fired at the man twice but missed.[7][8] While still on the ground, protestors approached Rittenhouse, and Silver Lake resident Anthony Huber struck Rittenhouse with a skateboard and struggled for control of his rifle. Rittenhouse then fired at Huber once, killing him.[9][6] West Allis resident Gaige Grosskreutz then approached Rittenhouse while holding a handgun, and Rittenhouse shot him once, severing his bicep.[9][10]"

Makes sense to me. Rittenhouse was being physically attacked at the time he shot at the people who were attacking him, IOW, Rittenhouse was the victim here and defended himself.

Call them rioters because they were. Don't call them victims because they were NOT - they were the aggressors.

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

8. purriwinkle

What’s all this knicker twisting about a boy with a stolen gun who never fired it as far as we know. Kyle Rittenhouse killed people.

From politifact :

The Wisconsin Department of Justice honors concealed carry permits issued in Illinois. But Rittenhouse did not have a permit to begin with, and he was not legally old enough to carry a firearm in Wisconsin.

In Illinois, concealed carry applicants must be at least 21 years old. Since Rittenhouse is 17, he would not qualify for a permit. In Wisconsin, it is legal for adults to carry firearms in public without a license if the gun is visible. However, to open carry, you must be at least 18 years old.

He is a lawbreaker like any other criminal. As a minor he should not have even been there. His parents should be held responsible for his actions as well as he was supposed to be under their care.

“The nature of the child's actions influences the existence and degree of parental liability. Though each case is unique, a parent can typically be held liable for any negligent or willful acts committed by the child. In terms of civil matters, a child may be called negligent for causing a car accident.”

#6788 purriwinkle, Oct 27, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  9. purriwinkle

10. purriwinkle

11. Morgotha

He had a rifle so the concealed weapons stuff doesn't apply. He was a year too young to be carrying a rifle and should be charged with that offense like anyone else.

12. Morgotha

13. Morgotha

Death penalty #1 and death penalty #2. The answer is so simple, it just needs to be applied frequently and expeditiously.

14. Sharpie61

[​IMG]

The truth is out there

15. Morgotha

Say what you want. If we spent a couple years pruning the rotten branches the remaining tree would be more vigorous and would produce better fruit.

Or... would you rather have the state move these two next door to you?

16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It would depend how close the body was to the front door of the apartment and how close neighbors were. They got away with it so long because of Covid. No one would be going into any of these apartments unless the tenants are asking for maintenance.

Those poor kids. What hell they've lived through the past year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sharpie61

The gif is about the “blame game” on why this guy isn’t in jail.

Pretty sure I hear a lot of conservatives yelling about their “freedom of speech” bs too.

The truth is out there

18. Morgotha

I doubt many people were visiting their house BEFORE covid. They deserve a special punishment for what they did to those children.

19. Morgotha

Thanks for the clarification!

Did I say something opposing free speech? I didn't mean to. I draw a pretty firm line between "speech" and "threats to kill someone".

20. Sharpie61

I always say “words have consequences- whether it’s good or bad”.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1