Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Someone ratted the group out in the Season Finale.

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by The_Comedian, Apr 4, 2016.

1. The_Comedian

The_Comedian New Member

There is no way Negan and the survivors followed and trapped the group like they did unless they were provided certain information....such as...

1.) Where they were headed. They could not cover every route.
    2.) Where they would be in the woods.
    3.) and who told them to get out and walk through the woods....Eugene.

Eugene did it...he was even capture before by the Survivors. I am willing to be he begged for his life and this came up it.

This also leads into who got their brains based in...Outside of the obvious comic book conclusion of Glen (the original one to get their brains based in)....the clear cut choice is Eugene.....Think about it..

1.) he gave his goodbyes
    2.) he basically gave himself up
    3.) he gave away his bullet recipe.....so others can make the bullets.
    4.) would make sense to kill the one who ratted them out.....
    5.) He has been acting all butch lately...whoever got hit (brains bashed out) took the hit and sat up.
    6.) and maybe most important....his character kinda sucks...

2. MissingHeschel

I rewatched last night, thinking I must have missed something the first time, but I still don't see how Negan could have known their path and locations in time to set everything up, from the roadblocks (how would they know about Maggie?) to the very prepared clearing.

Even had Eugene told them, there were too many convenient coincidences required in terms of logistics, time, etc.

I thought he acted guilty, and Rick accusatory, but I still don't see how whatever he said got them caught and directed into that clearing.

3. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

I posted this in another thread, but I could be completely wrong. But I believe I saw the Hilltop guy (the guy who took them to Negan's compound when they were all sleeping) in the crowd. So it seems he was either a Savior spy who led Rick to kill his own people (either because he had no choice or he'd be caught he wasn't a spy and just switched sides to the Saviors. But I could be wrong, but he looked familiar.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He was just a savior who kind of looked like Andy.

5. Ricktatorship80

Jesus isn't a spy & no one ratted them out. The saviors have been watching Alexandria. They saw our group leaving in the rv & radio'd to the other Saviors to get ready. But then again maybe I'm just an idiot.

6. The_Comedian

The_Comedian New Member

Completely disagree. While we do not know anything concrete you cannot discount the fact that everywhere the group turned The Survivors.....the same people even moved around.

There are only two ways....either they read the groups mind(s) or someone told them the route.

There is no other logical explanation....other than it is a GAP in the script and I really hope that is not the cast

7. The_Comedian

The_Comedian New Member

I always thought that Rick and the Group took the bait too easily from the Hilltop klan. You could very well be correct. Could have been maneuvering for the Hilltop group.

8. ruez2468

ruez2468 New Member

They knew in advance some how to put all those logs up to make a barrier. Neagan might of manipulated someone in into being a spy.
    Or they have spotters on the roads everywhere. Like toll booths or something.

9. Midge

Midge Member

When I first saw the RV,when the group were surrounded, I though Eugene had ratted them out. Then when I saw he'd been beat and looked disappointed in himself I thought No he hasn't. I do still think there is a rat in the ASZ though but we won't find out who anytime soon! Here's a post I wrote in another thread explaining why I think there is a mole. ....

At the very start of said episode, when the saviors capture the unknown male from The Library, they say they are going to make am example out of him whilst dragging him onto the first road blockage. The unknown male asks to who they are going to make an example out of him to as all the Library occupants are dead, but how did they know Rick and the group were going to be driving down that road on that particular day? Or where they just going to wait there in the hope that they did!? The leader of this particular bunch of Saviours also makes a comment when Rick and the group are getting back in the RV along the lines of "there's plenty of ways to get were your going", maybe hinting at the numerous other road blockades our group is going to face And as the OP says how would the Saviors know to wait there for Rick and group to come along and how do they know where they are going?

10. jojo

jojo Member

Without time to read every post.. How in bloody hell is Eugene going to go rat out that Maggie is sick and heading to the Hilltop for medical care that they're going north. Episode 15 and 16 happen on the same day. Eugene did not leave the entire time after Maggie fell ill. I know you're going to say but..but..but.. He could've we just didn't see it.

Why would he go to the trouble to have instructions on how to make bullets give to Rick

Never EVER will you convince me Eugene is a traitor.

11. The_Comedian

The_Comedian New Member

JoJo,

look at the facts I provided......it is completely plausible.

As to the bullets.....why not give the recipe. He probably does not want the group dead just knows he wont be back.

As to Maggie sick.. I dont think it matters. Eugene wld have had ample opportunity to think of something as smart as he is. He also gave directions on routes to take after the first road block. Could have easily steered them in the Survivors directions. If you dont believe that then ask yourself who's IDEA was it to get out of the damn van? Eugene's. There is no way they would be found that quickly if someone did not point the Survivors in that direction.....

12. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Sorry but Eugene would not betray his people. They accepted him even after he revealed there was no cure and that he lied. So what I think is going on is that Negan's men have been spying on Alexandria since they found it and radioed in that Rick and his people were leaving in the RV so the saviors could begin setting up their road blocks. They had Daryl, Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita. So they had a feeling that Rick and the others would come looking for them and that's probably what they thought was happening instead. They obviously had no clue that Maggie was sick and needed to go to the hilltop

So no the only spies were the saviors themselves.

13. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

There is no way that Eugene was the saviors inside man. He might have given up some information when they captured him and beat it out of him but that point I don't think there is even much to tell. Once they captured him they'd know that the rest of the group was on foot. The reality is just that there are a total of (I think) five roads to take to go from Alexandria to Hilltop. The Saviors setup roadblocks at every one and lookouts at various points. All they had to do was wait. After Rick went to the first roadblock it wouldn't be difficult to start continual surveillance on them since they know all possible routes they could take. So you keep eyes on them as they go through the roadblocks and see the moment where they split up. At that point you just stop the RV and start closing in on the ones on foot.

It definitely seems plausible that the Saviors might have shaken down some of the colonies under their control, such as Hilltop, after their outpost was attacked. It would make sense that someone at Hilltop ratted out Rick and told everything they knew about the group. That would allow the Saviors to know that Alexandria was trading with Hilltop, which is about all the info they'd need to setup their plan. They'd just make the roadblocks and wait until the next supply run. They wouldn't need to know that Maggie was in medical distress. Just watch the roads leaving Alexandria and ambush any small groups that leave (ex: Daryl/Rosita/Glenn/Michonne and Carol) and spring the trap when any large group leaves.

The only thing that is too convenient is the guy that they captured from the library. Seems strange that he was captured on the same day that they sprung their trap. Maybe there is more of a backstory there that would explain the timing.

#13 Adam Poole, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  14. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

This.

Plus, if Aaron could use a parabolic mic, I am sure the Saviors could also. Could they even have radio tracking devices on the RV? I am guessing br0k3n would have a say in how probable the actions of the Saviors were.

15. jojo

jojo Member

Okaaaay so Eugene is rat and Enid is his co conspirator by giving Maggie poisoned pickles there's groups of fans that apparently share this theory. Have fun :zombies_lol:

16. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

I just take it as "creative writing" like Carol's magic jacket gun.

17. The_Comedian

The_Comedian New Member

That does not explain how they found them so quickly and trapped them. They were either ratted out OR it is simply shitty writing. You have to admit the idea is plausible.

18. The_Comedian

The_Comedian New Member

That comment made absolutely no sense. The point are very plausible.

19. The_Comedian

The_Comedian New Member

I think you hit the nail on the head....there should be a back story and the problem I had with the whole episode is the ending (how they were trapped) is too CLEAN.

Either this is simply shitty writing, the group are idiots or there is a back story left too tell that will bring the all together in the next season.

But no matter what....I do believe it makes total sense that there was inside info provided to the survivors. AND I would not be surprised if it was Eugene. No One really knows though

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Aren't you just a monkey's uncle in law. All talking to yourself and what-not.

Michael Madsen already explained in an interview how the saviors tracked them. They had lookouts hiding at all the signficiant intersections with walkie talkies, updating the main group as to all the turns the RV made.