Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Someone ratted the group out in the Season Finale.

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by The_Comedian, Apr 4, 2016.

1. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

Eugene's character does suck, he is annoying. And maybe he did rat them out.. OR:

Maybe the saviors have an extensive network of scouts, we know they have numbers.

Maybe their scouts even have dirt bikes or high ground positions with powerful scopes/binoculars

maybe these scouts saw the group exit the RV and Eugene continue on alone

2. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

The only "Rat" here is Gregory. He gave up all the information about Rick's group to save his own skin... Only Hilltop could have given up the information needed to supply Negan's group with what they needed; Who killed the men in the outpost, the name of their leader, and the fact that they had recently garnered a trade agreement with the ASZ (Allowing them to know to control routes between ASZ and Hilltop, as they knew the routes would be used sooner or later).

My best guess says Negan went to Hilltop to confront them over the loss of the outpost that deals with them, Gregory bargained the info over in order to keep from getting slaughtered, and provided a handy-J to seal the deal. All that was needed was to set up a few lookouts, and wait for the signal. The only real lengthy set up was the log-blockade, and that could have been done days ago in order to keep the routes needed to get to Hilltop from Alexandria easy to close off.

Let's face it... unless someone actually has a topographical road map of the area to shoot holes in, we are all just guessing about how overly convenient Rick's group were snared. It is likely that with the roads blocked off, that there was only one clear path to walk north to Hilltop (Maybe the quarry was nearby, or a sheer hillside, cliffs, any number of geological obstructions that could have made walking impossible or exceedingly difficult. Negan is a tactically minded monster of high caliber, and even I could have set up a similar ambush in my own hometown here... If I knew someone was trying to get from the college to city hall, I need only black off 3 roads and wait. If they avoided all the blockades, I know the only other route would be through an alley that I could amass a force at in less than 5 minutes. It helps if you know your neighborhood, and they don't.

3. The_Comedian

The_Comedian New Member

Maybe......Maybe.....Maybe....

4. The_Comedian

The_Comedian New Member

I would not dispute that you have a point..I think a lot of these cases are absolutely plausible.

The one that gets me though is someone had to give up the group for them to surround them in the woods like that did. Someone could say...ohhh they beat the shit out of Eugene and he told them..... Personally I think that is BS. You can cut off the roads but pinpoint a place in the woods to completely surround them like that? They could have scattered anywhere and it taken days to find them.. It is either shitty writing (which may be the case) -or- someone at the least gave the Survivors insider information

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there was a need. If they knew they got out on foot, and at least a clue as to where, it is entirely possible the lay of the land let the saviors know where they would logically be at. Knowing they were heading north, there could have been very few options on foot based on terrain. But I will concede that I have as little information as anyone else, and unless they actually cover the fact that the Saviors know the lay of the land we are all in the dark... floating between the ink printed on the pages.

6. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

That's way too simple and logical.

7. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

The logs really annoyed me, like the amount of time it would take to set something like that up. In a world where groups are of humans are sparse, they somehow have 200 men to set up an intricate trap like that all over the map?

8. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Eh, in the comics Negan had a lot of people under him. A lot.

9. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

It's Judith.
    Everyone knows or should know, that solo cups are used for communications.
    And Shane and Rick, aren't the only ones, Lori was making play time with.

10. Rickschick

Rickschick New Member

Yeah I dont think Eugene is a traitor. I think all the points you listed as to why its him that Negan killed, I think could be just a red herring.

11. bluedahlia

bluedahlia Member

I agree! There are only so many routes and I'm sure they had them all covered.

12. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

This is the only theory in this thread that makes any f*cking sense.

But Judith isn't Negan's child, if that's what you're trying to imply.

13. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Enid had to be the rat. She used a Romulan communication device to talk to the Saviors.

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I think Scott Gimple ratted it out to Negan.

15. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Or Bob. That jerk. He gave The Gov the heads up and then he was working with the Terminites.

Before he was bitten (which, by the way was to absolve him of any wrong doing) he sent carrier pigeons to The Saviors.

16. HondaS2kXD

Why has nobody considered the possibility of the rat being Morales, Jenner, Jim, Nervous Nellie, Beth, or the donk that Merle drove to the governor's ambush location in his death episode?

Or Percy?

17. kess91

kess91 New Member

I agree that there is a Mole. The coincidence that they brought the traitor out there not long before the RV got there. They were also expecting Daryl, and the other 3 in the woods, although that could just be the area that they are assigned to watch. I don't think it's Eugene because he bit D's D**K off, LOL. Someone in Alexandria possibly has a Walkie, or another way to communicate, and gave them the heads up?
    Still not sure that they would have time to set that all up even if they were tipped off. Maybe they did the logs ahead of time, because nobody would have to be there to block that route. I hope there is an explanation though.

18. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Nervous Nellie is a horse, and can't talk.

Jenner, Jim, and Merle are dead.

That leaves Morales, Percy, or Beth. Plus Enid.

19. HondaS2kXD

That's just what they want you to think.

Also, rats can't talk either. So I think it still could very well be Nervous Nellie.