Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Someone say heathy food?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by frawniemae, Sep 23, 2015.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

[MENTION=40551]frawniemae[/MENTION]

This is so weird. I am looking into living a healthier lifestyle and my father recently (2 weeks ago) started the Ideal Protein system. He's lost 11 pounds so far. He is singing it's praises so much that I am looking into this myself. He started it because he knew of two other men who have lost a crapload of weight with it. Which made me wonder if women have just as much success with this plan, since men tend to lose weight easier than women do.

I read this thread just now, and thought, "hmmmm sounds like she might be doing Ideal Protein"....and sure enough, further in the thread you mentioned it.

I'm starting to think fate is telling me to start this new lifestyle change. It's going to REALLY hurt my pocketbook (WOW) but it's totally worth the money as far as I am concerned, so I'm taking the plunge.

Congrats on all your success!!

2. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

Sorry I am so late in seeing this...havent been on in a coon's age...but YES! ideal Protein totally changed my life! I am in Phase 4 (maintenance) and am holding steady at a 120 pound loss. My start date was January 21 2015. It is so totally worth it!!!

3. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

I hate to say anything bad about this because I love [MENTION=40551]frawniemae[/MENTION] and she looks absolutely amazing. I'm beyond happy for her success and new outlook on life. Perhaps her experience with the plan was very different than the people I know.

That said, [MENTION=3634]PepperAnn[/MENTION], I have known a few people at work that have done this, and they just waste away. They do lose weight fast, but they also lose all of their muscle tone, and for a while you're not even allowed to work out because of such restrictive calories. These people looked so sallow in the face and their skin just started hanging off of them. One of them wasn't even obese, just a little overweight and she still looked like a zombie. It was terrible because she used to have a lot of muscle tone and even used to teach a body pump class at the gym.

I would stress above everything just eating pure, whole foods, eliminating anything processed and paying close attention to your sugar and sodium intakes. I also limit my intake of animal products. The only dairy I eat is greek yogurt, and I eat chicken, eggs, and salmon. That has worked wonders for me, and I feel so strong and healthy. I'm the healthiest I have ever been, even more so than when I was an athlete in high school.

4. PepperAnn

I have made my initial appointment to get started this week. I am so happy for you frawniemae. Congratulations. :)

I fall into the "I don't have that much to lose" category. Ugh, I was hoping because of that...the no carbs low cal issue wouldn't be that big of a deal. And then once we CAN work out....

Ugh, I will make sure to bring this up to my coach.

5. TheWalkingHorn

^ absolutely, communication is key! My best friend's husband is doing it right now, and while he's not allowed to work out, he's still been trying to keep busy by doing yard work. I think the key is to just listen to your body, you know it best. And everyone's body reacts differently to things, so what works for some may not work for others and vice versa. Congratulations on getting started though, that's the most important step! :)

6. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Might not be relevant, but I have been cutting down my portions, and cutting soda pop out of my diet. Less food and sugar overall.
    Also trying to go out for walks more.

7. frawniemae

Love you too, Horn and I completely understand your thoughts and concerns about IP.
    I was extremely overweight, morbidly so, and devoted to doing IP by the book, totally protocol as they say. The not working out part was easy for me because exercise is not something I ever enjoyed anyways. I have seen several through a FB group that try IP to lose a few pounds so they can fit into a couple sizes smaller dress and I personally believe that, although this diet works for anyone, it is designed for those who have several pounds to lose. Light toning and moderate walking is allowed to keep some muscle tone. It is a severe diet in the sense of the low calorie count. Supplements are a must.
    Pepper, congrats on making the decision to do something about any weight issue you may have. IP is a severe diet and if you keep to the 'LIST" you will see the pounds drop off. But what you need to remember that to keep them off your whole outlook on food has to change. Making smart food choices is ultimately the key to winning at the battle of the bulge!
    Sounds like you are doing good! Watch your carbs and choose lean cuts of protein, too! You'll do great!

8. PepperAnn

Oh yes, this is definitely something I am using so that I can learn how to eat better, so that I can MAINTAIN the healthier lifestyle and stay at my ideal weight. I have already changed the way I eat dinner since it used to be completely unchecked, hence why I have gained weight. But I'm not getting anywhere. If anything I am going in the wrong direction. lol So I need to change EVERYTHING. And I need help. So I am going to stick to it like glue and LEARN a few things along the way. :D

9. TheWalkingHorn

That's awesome, Evan! To me, small, gradual steps are the best thing to do because you're more likely to stick with them and build upon them. Keep it up! :)

10. PepperAnn

Well, I started IP on Saturday. They gave me a variety pack to start me off and get a little taste of what I like and don't like. And let me tell you, the pancake mix was 15 minutes of absolute TORTURE. lol

Starts off as powder you add water to and make into the mix. I poured it into my waffle maker and it came out looking really good. But as soon as I took the first bite I knew this was going to be a chore. I don't know if I mix it wrong or if this is normal, but as soon as I started chewing, it turned back to powder. Wet powder. Lol I had to take a sip of water just to swallow it. That being said I will never get the pancake mix again.

But all the other meals have been surprisingly good. I am supplementing it with a healthy portioned salad so I am not starving. With a good hearty meal (within guidelines) for dinner. A bunch of trial and error to start, but I am getting the hang of this and I already feel a tad better....just after 2 days. So I am nervously excited.

On to day 3!

11. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Just poking around threads and found this one. [MENTION=40551]frawniemae[/MENTION] congratulations on your weight loss and journey for a healthier lifestyle!! That's awesome. It takes time and perseverance to reach and maintain your goals. Do you or anyone in the thread post healthy recipes? Just curious.

12. frawniemae

Sorry so late in responding...my internet is very iffy...I dont know of any threads for recipes. Sharing is random and in no place in particular!

13. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

[MENTION=40551]frawniemae[/MENTION] [MENTION=105492]ShaneFan[/MENTION] if you guys want to post some recipes, I would either do it here or start a recipe thread. I would contribute. I made the tastiest gazpacho tonight. I've been so good lately. But I need some new ideas.

14. PepperAnn

That reminds me, [MENTION=40551]frawniemae[/MENTION] do you use any of the IP cookbooks? I have discovered since I started IP....they have some REALLY tasty things in there. I especially enjoy the Baked BBQ Pork Chops.

I haven't been adventurous enough to try the fancy stuff. Still sticking with what I know. lol

15. frawniemae

I found on 3fatchicks.com a great resource for all things IP...recipes included plus on fb ... I bought and have used several time Janeva's cookbook. That girl has it going on when it comes to turning non IP foods into something totally IP protocol! https://www.facebook.com/groups/340015849538224/ Love the IP way of life...just need to get back into like I should.

16. frawniemae

I always love sharing recipes it's just that living in an rv park right now my internet sucks...big time...tha
    t's why I'm not around like I used to be. I miss everyone so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

[MENTION=5449]Lauri[/MENTION]ellen and [MENTION=40551]frawniemae[/MENTION] -- okay, I'll start the receipe thread!

18. PepperAnn

Awesome! I will have to try these out. Another friend of mine that's on it here and there, lent me one of the IP recipe books...but I can't keep it. It's apparently a really expensive one....so I am taking pics of the recipes I like for when I have to return it. lol

19. PepperAnn

Well it's good to hear from you when you are able to show up!

20. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member