Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Something To Fear- Re-Read Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 17: Something To Fear' started by Tony Davis, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

When re-reading, I kept thinking of ways to re-write Negan's dialogue for TV, a lot of times the F word could be just left out and keep the rest of the speeches.

3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

They'll most likely go that route for most of it. Some of his more iconic lines will get the "screwing with the wrong people" treatment, though.

4. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Ah, make him the strong silent type huh? ;) I can just see him standing in front of the gates and just waving his bat around. I would settle for bleeping him a bit so we could get his F*in glory on DVD, but would not be too opposed to him ranting like Yosemite Sam; "Frag Rassin frassin rarrin freakin frick!" (<~Kinda mix it up with other pseudo-swears from recent years.) :p

Still, since this is our reread fun for the week, I hate how Glen makes out here. I saw it coming the first time through the instant they introduced Heath (Who I also thought was far less masculine than he is at first.) The moment they mentioned his job, I was ready to let Glenn go. The foreshadowing was far too obvious and telegraphed, and it did lessen the impact of his death (<~No pun intended...Kinda) But this is the first step in the climb to AoW, and what a doozy it was. I knew the moment Negan came in that he would not be a pushover, and aside from the fact that they let him go further than they should have, I was right.

I would still like to see Darryl Dwight Dixon (<~What I still think we will find his middle name to be.) wind up separated and hooking up with the Saviors. Thinking everyone was "Just Gone" and becoming pivotal in the upcoming story.

Only a few more volumes to go before the premiere!!!!

5. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

that would kind of lose the suspense of "is Dwight really working with the group of the Saviors?" storyline. No audience member would ever believe he would choose Negan and his face-melting, wife stealing ways over his "brother"

6. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Who knows what will happen between now and then. Perhaps Rick leaves him in lieu of saving the Carl, gets caught with his hand I Carol's cookie jar, or he eats the last pig's foot. Anything is possible to leave us wondering if Triple D could really side against the brother.

7. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

"It's going to be pee pee pants city here real soon"

8. Sixchr

Sixchr Member

I'd rather see Daryl have his face caved in by Lucille and then Dwight takes his crossbow. I think the impact of Glenn's death would hit harder in the tv show if it were Daryl. Killing the clear fan favorite would really capture the essence of that whole scene.

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

If his crossbow was later used to kill someone else it would be even better.

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I think lead male deaths will be trickier to do on the show. Let's say Glenn dies this year, and then Daryl dies at the hands of Negan. Can they really kill off Tyreese or Abraham so soon after Daryl?

11. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

You're both monsters.

But yeah. If they ever kill derle, it would be at the hands of negan and Lucille.

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I didn't go into detail earlier so I will now. I really forgot how many things I am used too in the series started in this arc. The Saviors arc feels so recent but it really was a status quo change. Maggie was first revealed to be pregnant this volume. Rosita's backstory. I also want to give a special shout out to issue 99 for spending much more time on Abe's funeral and the impact his death had then I remembered. That was the highlight of my reread.

13. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

It was a tear-jerker for me as well, even if his demise was far too abrupt to process at the time.

14. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

i think having Daryl get Glenns death and then having them kill Abe with the crossbow could work. altho i think theyd be a lil less likely to let Dwight live or not be locked up with Negan in that case. who knows. with all these strong male leads theres gonna have to be some deaths soon to make room for Jesus, Ezekiel, Heath, etc

15. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I expect a death next episode but we have awhile before a few of them need to eb introduced. Aaron and Eric or Tobin/Jessie will come up long before Jesus.

16. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Tobin?

17. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Head of the construction crew before Abe. He died in No Way Out.

18. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

yea im almost positive well lose a female lead but i think theres a chance a guy will die too this Sunday. and hell it wont be long before Morgan joins them again so i wouldnt be surprised if we lost someone in 5B as well