Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sooo Daryl Is Really A Girl?

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by firstfooter, Mar 31, 2014.

1. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Thinking he could make the difference and change Joe's attitude towards Rick ...really!? how naive is Darylette SMH

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I see you missed the scene where Daryl confessed to Carl that he was born with a vagina.

3. bridgebot

bridgebot Member

Joe and his group were psychos, anything Daryl said wouldn't have mattered. It was a ticking time bomb...doesn't mean Daryl is a girl. He didn't have many options considering he was vastly outnumbered and (at least at the beginning) trying to maintain some civility.

4. Kernunnos

Kernunnos Member

Yes, and reading between the lines, from what he said to Joe, I think it must have been Daryl's time of the month.

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

He should have at least tried to play the game and attempt to claim them. He already knew that reason would not have reached Joe or his guys. And to say he didn't know they were like that? Um, Lem would disagree if he could.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

How long before Daryl gets pregnant?

7. BringBackShane

The show would stink without Daryl. Stop.

8. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

MIGHT have to have some corrective surgery after that one....

9. falconsfan1

falconsfan1 Member

Why? WHY? You know thats contagious

10. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

He was willing to take the beating for them to live. It was also a good distraction for them to come up with something quick to get out of the situation, which worked.

11. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I must be a girl too because I thought he could have swayed the old guy. Considering Joe was acting like the father figure to Daryl. He seemed to take a curious interest in him.

12. Calloway70

Calloway70 Member

Honestly, I don't think Daryl knew what do to at all. He was completely out of his element on this one. Daryl's a good follower, but not good with coming up with plans on his own. Plus, as pointed out, he was vastly outnumbered.

He made his choice. He was willing to die for Rick, Michonne, and Carl, rather than see them harmed.

13. LynneT78

LynneT78 Member

And that right there is a huge reason why Daryl is soooooooo loved. I really expected him to say claimed though lol

14. batongal

batongal Active Member

I thought it was fantastic Daryl basically giving his life because he knows they killed one of their own for less than that. He could of walked away when he saw it was his old group and he didn't. That takes cajones in my opinion.

15. ShamblingCorpse

And what exactly was Daryl supposed to do? Sit there and watch them kill Rick and rape Carl and Michonne? Going Rambo without talking with guns at all their heads would have resulted in everyone dying.

He stood tall and was willing to take a chance and face the music if it didn't work. Personally I think this was a waste of Joe and Co. but it did make for an excellent scene.

16. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't see why someone's picking on Daryl's decision here. He was sacrificing himself for them, I don't see how that's a "girly" move. He knew full well that it wouldn't end well for him and he still went and did it to buy them time. He was extremely brave in that scene.

17. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

That is the only part that didn't ring true for me. He knew because of Len, because of what they had said, and because he chose to hang back initially (which is why he came in late). So he knew but he didn't know they were coming after Rick.

18. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

As I said, it actually didn't make much sense to me. Joe was trying to bond with Daryl, and was even looking out for him when that guy put the rabbit in Daryl's bag.

I couldn't see why Joe wouldn't listen to Daryl. Or even hear from Rick why he did what he did and the fact Rick was at that house first. I thought Joe believed in CLAIMED...

I think an opportunity has been missed here. Joe should have been the survivor after the other bad guys tried to turn on Joe for agreeing with Daryl to halt the execution.

19. dphoenix

dphoenix Member

He could've easily just taken Joe out with his crossbow instead of putting his crossbow down and trying to reason with him. And why didn't Carl lock the car? I'm sure Carl had his gun close-by. Also, if they were aware that the Terminus folk were simply shooting at their feet, why not use that to their advantage and fight back?

Oh well. None of it matters. When you're in the moment, people act on impulse, and mistakes are always made. It's easy to watch the show and judge the characters decisions as we sit on our asses in our pajamas eating popcorn. It's easy to say "Daryl is a girl" and that you would've done things differently. Of course, everybody thinks they're so badass and that they would've easily Rick'd somebody -when in fact- most of us would've been on the floor getting Carl'd.

Just be thankful Rick was smart enough to leave the bag of guns outside of Terminus.

20. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I've never really liked Daryl, but I respected the way he refused to give up on Sophia and I respect his willingness to die for Rick. I may not care for him, but at least the show has given me a couple of reasons not to flat out hate him. He's definitely better than that piece of shit Merle.