Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sooo whadtcha think????

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - People Like Us' started by Dnae, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Was okay I guess but feels like I already seen it from the trailer tease and the kid running off? Yeah, never been done before! Also the Walkers in the storm...lol! THey need a better animator!

Also...it does look like they want to put an end to the show with Morgans attempt to get em all east....as I been saying unless a curve ball comes. And with actors leaving mainshow they could use some already established characters to arrive timely in TWD for season 10

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'd rate it a big fat "meh"

-The hurricane storyline (finally different weather conditions, they rarely ever do that)
    -Morgan actually telling people that there's a community and they don't have to live behind a flimsy wire fence that's probably the least efficient flimsy wire fence ever lol)

Dislikes:
    -The filter. Go awayyyyyyyyy
    -This nonsense about Madison always wanting to help people. ??? The woman grew up surrounded by violence. She shot her dad in the head as a teenager. She's done dark as hell things and ****ed numerous people over to save herself and her children. Did the new showrunners even watch the first seasons? Lol
    -Charlie

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I struggled hard trying not to fall asleep due to all the hardcore mediocrity being thrown at me, I felt like the entire episode was "snowing" me to sleep, it took me close to 1.5 hrs to watch it due to having to rewind b.c I had dozed off.
    Also I'm seriously getting tired of this Charlie and find it annoys me when certain characters care oh so deeply about her, but I think this is actually a good thing and quite possibly the intent of the show's director(s).

What is this "filter" I keep hearing about?
    You mean the "snow" effect, is that it?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

We use the same rating scale!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Beryl

Beryl New Member

Total

Annoying Charlie was reminiscent of first seasons of Carl.

Listening to loud music with your back to the entrance? Really?

Flying Zombies at the end was timed perfectly because I was done. I expect that in Z Nation (pure comedy) but not in TWD universe.

The Morgan/Alicia trope wasn’t too awful.

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!

7. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

They need a name for the flying zombies. Since they have walkers, I suppose they could call them flyers but that's too plain. Perhaps flombies, or aeropains or heliorotters.

8. PepperAnn

BAHAHAHAHA

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It has to be flombies lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I thought S1 and S2 were alright. S3 was really good, and now, especially on the heels of S3, this one has been a letdown.......

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

From what I've seen of the previous seasons, and what I've heard from people who watched all of the episodes, this season is pretty different so it would make sense that those who enjoyed the first ones may not dig this "reboot". I think my only disappointment is that I was really starting to like Madison, but it does allow for some great development for Alicia.

12. PepperAnn

I don't understand why everyone loved season 3 so much.

*ducks*

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

It was okay, best part was seeing how people adjusted after 4x08. The bonfire bunch was short lived as everyone went their separate ways (understandably) lol but this episode was okay. Don’t have an urge to rewatch it or anything. Next week’s episode worries me, is it just Alicia and Charlie? Ugh. Like we know she won’t kill Charlie so don’t waste an episode with all the dramatics.

Let’s speed up to where we meet trucker lady! I wana know the plot for the second half! The storm is a cool twist, the flying walkers is a little cheesy (not as bad as Z Nation, so I’ll take it. A little comedical effect lol)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

1. troy
    2. walker
    3. daniel returned
    4. troy
    5. walker head in bird cage
    6. crows eating mans brain while he recites poetry
    7. troy
    8. bad ass travis
    9 removal of eye by spoon
    10 no f*cks left to give madison
    11 complete surprise of travis' deathh and it did not feel "played"
    12 plot that moved along at an interesting pace
    13 troy
    14 family dysfunction a la the otto clan
    15 the story line involving jeremiah and walker's past with one another
    16 and did I mention TROY

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. BatmansHooker

For me it was probably the complexity. All of the storylines felt like they had a LOT of thought put into them. It was dark but nuanced. It had everything I got into TWD for in the first place - legitimate human conflict that showed what kind of people we can become when there's nothing to govern us.

Without being too on the nose about, which is something I think TWD struggles with nowadays (it gets pretty over the top).

I honestly wasn't a big fan of Fear early on, but S3 is my personal favourite run of either show. I just found it super compelling.

#35 BatmansHooker, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  16. BatmansHooker

No, they've added in this colour changing filter to this season to dull the colour. I guess it's to make it seem edgier or darker.

Anyway this is a shot from before season 4 - notice how brightly the colours stand out.

[​IMG]

And this is from season 4. The natural colouring has been digitally muted to make it look grey-ish.

[​IMG]

I dunno, I get what they're trying to do with it, but it has the same problem that the DC superhero movies like Man of Steel has. It just looks kinda dull and bad to look at.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. BatmansHooker

Can I just point out that in the opening, even when the zombies were randomly flying about in the wind, THE TREES NEVER MOVED EVEN A LITTLE BIT.

THEY WERE COMPLETELY FROZEN SOLID IN THE MASSIVE GUSTS OF WIND. I couldn't help but laugh at that. Oh, they tried.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The episode was okay. I was watching another show prior to Fear on Sunday which was really intense, so after I switched over to see FTWD it felt like nothing much was happening in comparison.

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I want to go on record as saying I do not care for the filter. They need to stop trying so hard LOL

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. PepperAnn

Maybe I should rewatch season 3.