Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Soooo... Do we still think Eugene will seek Redemption?

Discussion in 'Episode 815 - Worth' started by Weallgotit, Apr 8, 2018.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

You mean compared to the blind guy he had seating the Primers in the casings?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Eugene deserve a swift execution for such a good service to the Saviours.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I hope he is trying to sabotage the Saviors, but I just don't know. He appears to be team Negan for sure.

4. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

The primer was seated upside down.

5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

What primer?

6. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I'm with you. The sooner someone from Team Rick puts him down, the better!

7. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I kind of posted this in a separate thread but I think Eugene’s encounter with Rosita/Daryl is exactly why he’s content with his position with the Saviors... they are completely right in their angry approach to dealing with Eugene and degrading him (I would have to)... but this is why I think he’s completely crossed over to “the dark side”... for probably the first time in his life he’s being told he’s useful, he’s an asset, he’s a top guy... and by Negan, no less, who is this powerful leader... Rosita reinforced how mistreated he felt at Alexandria and probably the way he had been treated his whole life... as the leader of his own outpost and constant praise by Negan (which I do believe is genuine praise with a little extra fluff added to pump him up), why would Eugene go back to a group where he felt like the village idiot? As wrong and infuriating as it is, Eugene finally found his manhood with the Saviors even if he kind of sold his soul for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sully

Sully Active Member

My question is,

Why didn't Daryl and Rosita book it back to the bullet factory knowing Eugene was going right back there?

They could have grabbed him before he went in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Iris

Iris New Member

I don't feel Eugene was mistreated in Alexandria. He did lie after all about being able to cure everyone. Rosita did bring him and Abraham back together but then I felt she bullied him a bit after Abraham died cause she was so angry. What Alexandria didn't do was value him for what he brought to the table. They could have put him to better use as Negan has. What is kind of scary is how easily he fell in with Negan and the system. He lives under threat of death with Negan but he seems to prefer that to freedom. Bringing up Nazis again but it makes me think of people who flourished under Nazi rule or really felt like they found their place. Whatever Eugene does next episode, I hope, as others do, that he dies, he's just been too compromised as Andrea was.

• Like Like x 1
  10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

In order for the guns to fire you pull the trigger which releases the firing pin which strikes a Primer Cap which is the small round part seated in the middle of the base of a shell casing.
    The Primer has a small amount of powder which when struck detonates the gun powder in the casing which then launches the Bullet from the casing and down the barrel of a gun.

So for any cartridge to be fired the Primer Cap first needs to be struck squarely as it starts the whole firing.

The reloading of cartridges requires certain materials and a certain level of precision overall and there are some things found commonly that can substitute for things likely not available in an Apocalypse.
    For instance one could melt down lead tire weights to make the actual bullet if needed and those would be pretty easy to scavenge I would think.

On the other hand finding or making suitable Primer Caps in quantity is probably not too realistic,I have a tough time finding them now in fact.

Now I am not claiming that reloading is not possible in this environment and they could just as easily set up Eugene at the Sanctuary really as you can reload completely using hand tools and non automated manual methods which is what it looks like they are doing anyway but what you will need for sure is a reliable supply of Primer Caps of some kind!

So the thing Eugene was yelling at Gabe about in the first scene was about not seating the Primers correctly.a job which in the end he himself takes over on.

Makes Sense now?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I don’t think Eugene was mistreated either... but I think in his mind he was... he’s a misfit and he’s alive because he’s been carried on the backs of other people and because of his deception... but I think the way he sees it is, hey this is better than being some nobody (in his own mind)... and it’s a lot about survival... he is a coward after all

12. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Rosita gave the answer, before he ran off: his minders were probably already out looking for him, ready to kill whoever killed two of their friends. Chances are she and Daryl would just run into them if they chased after Eugene.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Eugene crawled out of the cremains and went back to the bullet factory without any scene to acknowledge his return?

Eugene doesn't want Negan to know he was almost retaken, although it would impress Negan that Eugene is solidly on his side?

Doesn't Eugene know now about the map trap? So he could tell them and redeem himself that way?

I am chock full of questions, but no theories.

It certainly looks like Eugene is Team Negan, but I am still rooting for him to come back.

14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I would kil him just for deliberately puking on me but that's between him and Rosita.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

You know what? I thought back on that scene this morning before work. It certainly didn't help that Rosita snapped and threatened him the way she did. I think he hit a nerve when he reminded her that he claimed the bullet to save her ass. And it was because of her that he made the bullet and got taken when her ass failed. Rosita needs another whole thread all her own. But your'e right, after hearing her threats, he went into survival mode and used those walkers and his vomit to his advantage.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I know this is jumping ahead but looking at the preview for the finale, Eugene has Father Gabriel at gun point. A mere month or two ago he could barely muster the courage to lift a gun to point it at a walker. I just don't know. I expected him to sabotage the bullets for the longest time. His demeanor changed completely when he got back to the bullet shop. He was all about getting as many bullets out as possible and told Gabriel to die crying. He's at home now with the Saviors so why would he sabotage the bullets for Rick's group?

• Like Like x 1
  17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Nope, Eugene has had it.

18. Iris

Iris New Member

He is definitely weird but was oddly charming but no longer. If you were that cowardly, why would you want to live in the ZA. He was brave though when he admitted to making the bullet. I was thinking about it and I think he has become "brave" and confident because he knows he can hide behind Negan. It's like that pesky little sidekick that knows he can say and do things because the big bully will protect him and as long as he doesn't cross the big bully, he knows he is fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have to keep the faith for my girl @Jen7

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Reina

Reina Active Member

[​IMG]

So, if someone is a coward, they shouldn't want to live? I don't understand that.

• Funny Funny x 1