Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Soooo, how do you feel about Dwight now?

Discussion in 'Episode 703 - The Cell' started by jackson04, Nov 7, 2016.

1. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Love him now? Still hate him? Confused as to how to feel about him?

2. pilight

pilight Member

I have more respect for him. Negan offered him any woman that would say yes and he turned it down because he's remaining loyal to his wife.

3. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I don't love him or hate him, but he's definitely not a cut and dry kind of character. But I don't respect him because he's weak. He showed bravery taking off with Sherry and her sister, stealing the meds, because the only possible other scenario was her sister becoming a wife and "working" for her meds that way. So bravo, he showed some balls there.

But when he was offered a new life by Daryl (who everyone could see was a good guy) he let fear and his weakness take over, and went back on his knees to Negan. He probably knew it meant possible death or risking Sherry's freedom by going back, but he did it anyway because he was too afraid to take the risk of starting over. He let Sherry save their asses, basically, when they got back to the compound.

I do think he shot Daryl to save his life, though, I think he feels very guilty for what he did earlier. But he also killed Denise and was cruel about it. So he's playing his part for Negan very well, despite hating him. He's complex, definitely, but I don't like or admire his character. He's the anti-Daryl.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I'll put it like this... if I was in a room with Negan, Dwight, and Gareth from terminus, and I had a gun with two bullets in it, I would shoot Dwight in both knees, then hand Lucille to Negan and let Gareth eat Dwight's body.

5. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

I think Negan even offered Sherry and Dwight said no.

6. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

A part of me feels compassion for Dwight because he's stuck thinking this is the only way to survive: give your wife to Negan, let your face get ironed, be forced to kneel and submit yourself to someone who will kill you in the blink of an eye...and even have it rubbed in your face that your wife is no longer yours, or that you pen!s got mangled and may be unusable because of what Eugene did. Negan had a way of totally emasculating Dwight that was absolutely awful, and then it trickled down to Daryl, when Dwight was trying to break Daryl. But my heart hurt more for Daryl in this episode than for Dwight.

7. Expat-N-America

Negan offered him his own (ex) wife and he turned it down. He's weak and afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pilight

pilight Member

He's smart enough to know that's a test. If he takes Sherry, who Negan considers his wife, Negan will punish him.

9. Expat-N-America

Right, he knows that and is afraid.

10. batongal

batongal Active Member

I hated him but now I realize it's a bit more complex. I certainly don't love him. He needs to do some making up for all the treacherous sh%t he's taken part in.

11. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I don't think he likes what he is doing. I think he does it to survive and so Sherry can survive. I think at some point he will help Daryl escape. I think the guy he shot in the back (Gordon) really got to him. He's trying to protect Sherry. However I still don't like him. I think he's trying to be Daryl.

12. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i honestly wasn't sure that they were going to go the route of the comics until I saw this episode. It was really hard to like Dwight at all before seeing what he is going through and feeling sorry for him. still, he needs to do something huge to redeem himself. right now he seems like nothing than a weak coward and a follower. still, i feel bad for him

13. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I don't really love or hate him at this point. I do appreciate his complexity more after this episode though. He strikes me basically as someone who's going along to get along, but I don't know if I can actually respect the choices that he's made. He and his wife had a chance to escape all of that when they were with Daryl, and they chose to screw Daryl over and go back. Ultimately given what's happened between Rick's group and the Saviors means that going with Daryl probably wouldn't have worked out for him in the long run, but he took the less respectable path.

I do think that Dwight and Sherry are going to be a part of what eventually gets Daryl out of there though. I can see them having some kind of change of heart and realizing that they don't have to live this way. I'm sure that won't exactly be a cut and dry scenario though.

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I still hate him, but I understand his actions now. I hate him because if he didn't kill Denise maggie would never have had to go to Hilltop and Abe and Glenn would still be alive.

his character makes sense to me though I understand his actions. But he still resulted in the deaths of my beloved characters so I can't help but hate him.

15. EvieE

EvieE Member

I dislike him. He and Sherry got away but he went crawling back to Negan because he was scared of trying to make it on their own. I would have rather made a go at it on my own than living in that fresh hell.

16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

The Dwight is a punk, make no mistake... The marks on his face came from the "iron," when his wife 'sacrificed' herself it was because D was about to get Lucille however his wife's becoming Negan's wife made it so he "only" got the iron... As to what that iron is, it could be anything but it was obviously hot enough to scald and burn, so maybe red hot steel held over a fire like a branding iron or even a regular electric / steam clothes iron, either way that got put to his face, my guess would be by Negan himself although he might have let some underlings "do the D."

That's the reason he grew balls, because earlier he was a scaredy cat who would run at the first sign of danger.
    Now he'll put up a solid fight and people are scared of him but his new balls are not solid steel, they're hard and tough but he's still a punk.
    Unfortunately he is also a dangerous punk.

#16 8307c4, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  17. jujulita

jujulita Member

Not much has changed for me. He was a p.o.s. when we first met him and he still is a p.o.s.
    Knowing this part of his story only fleshed him out a bit more. That's good but I'm still not loving him. I need more.

18. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

He killed Denise before she could give Tara her Orange soda. Unforgiveable.

19. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Still like the character. Yes, he was weak going back to Negan when he knew he's lust for power and dominance would not let such a betrayal go. But, I think he'll redeem himself in the coming weeks. Hell, the plot is already laid out for the writers - they just have copy it.

20. Znuts

Znuts Member

Even if he redeems himself somehow, he still has to die.