Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Soooo, how do you feel about Dwight now?

Discussion in 'Episode 703 - The Cell' started by jackson04, Nov 7, 2016.

1. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

I think Dwight turned down Sherry at Negan's offering because he liked what Eugene did for him last season.

2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I still wouldn't mind if a walker bit the unscarred side of his face. Just sayin.

3. Chiron

Chiron Member

About the same, just worse. Now that I know that probably for the love of egg butties he has let his wife go to Negan. Negan despises him for that more than anything he has done in trying to run away, I think.
    He still deserves a horrific death even though Daryl was man enough, even in that state, to somewhat forgive him.

4. Chiron

Chiron Member

Yep. I guess the Sherry situation is unique from the harem situation in the comics because Negan hmm "married" her after she hmm "offered" but Sherry is like a comfort woman in the spoils of a war - she was only doing that to save Dwight from Lucille. So, she isn't consenting at all. The visit to the doctor scene was enough to make me hurl. It was explained to me somewhere here that in the comics women who did not want to work for points just joined the "p@£sy bar" but maybe it is a bit different in the TV adaptation. Negan so obviously despises Dwight for not taking the bat over watching his wife with him. And frankly, I do too.

5. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

I don't like him. "Sympathy for the devil" only works if the devil has some redeeming qualities, which I don't think Dwight has. As previously stated, he turned down Daryl's offer to go to Alexandria despite seeing that Daryl was a good person and having no reason not to trust him - and even if he didn't trust him, he couldn't possibly think Daryl and his group were worse than Negan, who he then willingly went back to. Talk about bad judgment. Not only that, but he stabbed Daryl in the back by stealing his bike and bow - then returned to Negan anyway.

I think if he were really as reluctant to go along with Negan as the PTB want us to believe he is, they'd have him show a little more reluctance. His killing Denise, and gloating about it, will always be a very big factor working against him. He also seemed pretty eager to kill Daryl when Daryl punched Negan in the premiere; if he truly disliked Negan and didn't like what he had to do to survive, I think he'd do as little as possible to get by, not actively propose killing someone.

I like Sherry a whole lot more. She seems like a stronger character, who recognizes that what they are doing is wrong and seems ashamed of what they've had to do to survive. She shows some kindness to Daryl even if she can't truly help him. And she was the one, ultimately, who saved both her and Dwight by proposing she marry Negan; if she hadn't done that, they would have returned and Negan would have just killed Dwight for leaving. Brilliant plan there, Dwight. Should have gone to Alexandria.

6. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I think he is a great character. I believe he is working on a plan to handle Negan and Daryl is a big part of that plan. Changing the song at the end of the show was a subtle foreshadowing.