Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Soooo Lady In the Woods

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - 30 Days Without an Accident' started by Jakobi, Oct 13, 2013.

1. cpump

cpump Member

I got the feeling she was with the hunters but then I relized she was just nuts
    shows you were Rick was close too in S3

2. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I just want to repeat the fact that I'm pretty sure the lady in the woods is Mr Burns from the episode where he is radioactive and says "I bring you looveeeee" while running around the woods.

[​IMG]

3. JimsBeard

JimsBeard Member

I think it's a multi-layered side-plot. First off, it's a sign of what Rick might have become, or really anyone who ends up alone in the ZA and dealing with grief and guilt. Second, it was important to show a positive/redemptive aspect to Rick, after his downward spiral of S3. Last of all, and possibly tying all these elements together with a good helping of pathos, is the potential foreshadowing in the bit where Rick says that he might become that if he lost Carl, Judith, the prison, etc and Hersh saying "Not even then".

EDIT: Also, leaving her and her husband to be zombies together, as requested, and without taking any of the little she had left, makes an interesting counterpoint to the cold, calculating nature shown in the Hitchhiker sequence from last season.

#63 JimsBeard, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  4. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

...hunters? HUNTERS!!!

5. Tengoku

Tengoku Member

I think this side story has 3 main points:
    1-To se the wild boar sick;
    2-To show Rick what someone that "can't come back" looks like;
    3-To fill up the episode, like the "quest" for Carol's daughter, that wasted a whole season.

6. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I love Hershel, and I like that he's so inspirational and just awesome. I love his whole "You can come back from anything..."

But come on now... I don't think Rick would be able to come back if Judith and Carl died. Different people are stronger then other and I think At best he'd be a Morgan, which is slightly better then creepy lady in the woods. Rick said it himself, he nearly gave up when Lori died. His children dying would be overkill on his mental state.

On the side: It would be funny to see Rick join Morgan on his clearing session.

7. Faelan Dixon

Faelan Dixon Member

What bothers me the most is that they introduce you to an interesting new female character
    and a few minutes later her story comes already to an end. I find Clara more interesting than the most female characters that are stil alive (with the exception of Michonne and Carol). And we only get to know what happend before the ZA with her and her husband and not why they left their camp.

8. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

What if Maury Povich survived the ZA, and finds Rick to tell him,
    [​IMG]

9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Like you said, different people are stronger than others. Clara was always a weak person, even before her husband was bitten and turned. Morgan's a wreck because he has no emotional support.

I think that if Rick lost Carl and Judith, he'd become eerily withdrawn and bitter, but the group would slowly help him come back.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

For some reason I can't quote right now, but I agree with Faelen Dixon. It would have been a nice subplot if Rick had saved Clara after she stabbed herself and brought her back to the prison to recover. It would have been his way of proving to her [and actually proving to himself], that he COULD come back from all he's done. Like "see, I can come back. I saved you, even after you tried to kill me". Then we would have had a nice tension filled side-story..."will Clara cause havoc at the prison? Or will she become a productive member?". And if she did cause havoc, there's further fuel to make Rick doubt himself...

11. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

Clara's appearance on the show was short and sweet. She entered the picture to pose a very important existential questions to Rick, "Can you redeem yourself from your past wrongdoings? In a world gone to shit, how do you maintain your humanity?" Any subplot that involved her coming back to the prison for rehab would have dragged way too long. It was important to pose these questions right off the bat, so Rick could have them linger in his mind.

12. Lori Grimes

I think Rick allowing her to stab herself and come back as a walker to "be" with her husband was Rick "coming back."
    He didn't stab her in the skull to stop her turning and even cried - it was like bicycle girl...

13. Neuropyramidal

Well, I don't know if he allowed her. He screamed "noooo" and made a forward movement when she did it, but it was too late. And i'm not sure, but if I was Rick, I think it would take a lot more than allowing a walker to become a walker to prove I could come back.

14. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

15. Neuropyramidal

I could tell she was cute, even under all the dirt.

16. Neuropyramidal

Apparently Kerry Condon is a pretty accomplished actress. Here is a picture of her topless.

17. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Knowing you, I don't wanna press that spoiler button. xD

18. Darylette

Darylette Member

That was HAWT!!!

19. Neuropyramidal

What, you're looking in a highly polished mirror?

20. Lori Grimes

Dammit. I am such a sucker for spoilers I clicked it WHILE reading "Kerry Condon is a pretty acomplished-

and yeah.