Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sophia, Henry and the Creek Bed.

Discussion in 'Episode 814 - Still Gotta Mean Something' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I liked how they had Carol rescue Henry from a little hole on the side of a creek bed, the same type of spot we last saw Sophia alive. Almost like an alternate reality of what could have happened to Sophia if things had turned out differently.

It could have even been the same filming location. Hard to tell in the dark, and after 7 years of growth. I'd have to look at both side by side and spot trees and other landmarks.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts too!

Great Mimes think alike.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. calliope

calliope Active Member

It did look like exactly the same spot.

Heartbreaking in a way for Carol who knows now without question that she could have saved Sophia if she had been a different person at the start. I hope she is able to see it in a positive light as far as saving Henry goes.

4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That was the first thing I thought...that it looked exactly like the place Carol left Sophia.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It felt like the same location and on ttd they confirmed it was the same location.

That scene had a lot going for it. This version of Carol was able to go into the woods and save the child while the old Carol stayed back and let others try.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Sully

Sully Active Member

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. I was gonna go back and watch that scene to be sure.

What another great call back. And I agree it's like an alternate reality to what could've been with Sophia, and great development for Carol. She saved a kid finally lol.

• Like Like x 3
  7. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Hmm. I watched that scene, read it as Carol's story reaching its end - she lost a child, she saved a child (in, as you've all spotted, a very similar way), so that's her arc completed. I'm in no hurry to lose her, but just like a redshirt suddenly getting a line, or that Tobin/Carol scene last week, it felt like the kiss of death...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think the stream the creek was in that Sophia was in was wider. but I can honestly not be sure.

Either way, it was a nice throw back to earlier seasons.

Daryl returning bitter, Carol showing motherly emotions in a way and getting to in a way redeem herself by saving Henry in the exact same way. The two sonless fathers getting one last murder trip and Morgan going "I saved you because of Duane" was a bit of revelation to Rick, become like Morgan with Carl dead or take a different route? Carol said, he friends saved her. I think Rick will be saved this way to while Morgan was alone and fighting, if just Ricks radio had been longer distance...when Morgan called.

Out of topic? Not really I think! This was a significant event!

• Like Like x 1
  9. calliope

calliope Active Member

I had the same thought, they've closed Carol's arc in a way I didn't really see coming. That, and her lesser screen time in the last couple of seasons might indicate that Carol's time is over.

One thing that might change that is the departure of other long term cast members. Chandler is now gone and it seems less likely that Lauren will be returning as well and Lennie moving over to Fear. There's definitely a limit to how many characters you can lose and expect people to continue to watch.

10. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think it vindicated Rick too, if Sophia had only stayed put, she may have been saved. Even if Carol forgave him, at one time she thought it was a bad call on Rick's part, So I think somewhere deep down she may have still thought it was a bad call. And she has to think now that it was because those damn kids in the ZA won't stay put.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Carol's arc is not closed yet. Regarding Sophia's parallel with Henry, there is still, at least, one more thing for Carol to do. That thing will be:- Henry has gone too far down the dark path now and might display early signs of the 'Lizzie syndrome'. Carol recognizes it right away. In a tearful decision, she has to ask Henry to look at the flowers. Her strength to put down Henry just reflects back to her inability to put down walker Sophia.

I think, this will be a better closing of Carol's arc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. calliope

calliope Active Member

Maybe, but to me at seemed that Henry was already on a better path. He looked a little horrified when Morgan told him that he'd killed Jared. He then put his hand on Morgan's shoulder and said, "I'm sorry." Not the actions of a sociopath like Lizzie.

I think Henry will continue to be an annoying presence on the show, but I don't see the same danger in him that was pretty obvious with Lizzie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

It annoyed me cos she's like "I was wrong! You can survive!"
    Lady, he was walker meat 2 secs before you got there.

I wish I saw more in it re the location etc etc but I just didn't. :(:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

But Henry wasn't safe there and it wasn't a matter of just staying put. He was yelling, HELP ME! HELP ME! Carol got there just barely in time.

Unless he heard someone moving like a person and not a walker and was calling out for that reason. But I took it that he was in imminent danger.

15. zombiemom62

yeah I thought of that, in time they would have gotten him, but I figure that if the same happened to Sofia, they would have still had a chance to save her. I think Henry was just yelling in fear, Carol is stealthy you know:p

16. zombiemom62

I hope not, I'd like to see at least one of Carol's kids make it.... yeah, not going to happen

17. Sully

Sully Active Member

Even if Henry became full on Lizzie, which is entirely different than the worst case path Henry could go down, I don't think Carol does what she does.

I don't think Carol does what she does even with Lizzie if they made it to this point, or even if they were still at the prison.

But with Lizzie, they were all alone out there. They thought everyone else was dead, and there really had no clear direction. I can't remember if they saw the terminus sign before that or not.

But had Carol had a community she knew and trusted to give Lizzie the resources she needed, I don't think she kills her. And so that would be the same with Henry now.

However the dark oath Henry is going down is a different type of path. He's going down the path that everyone else has. That Morgan has and Rick, and Carol. Where you lose someone and you become desensitized to killing and death.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Lizzie had serious mental issues. Her inability to understand that the Walkers were dangerous and not her friends put everyone in danger and led to her eventually having to be put down basically. Henry was trying to avenge his brother.
    He just got a little sidetracked and tried to take matters into his own hands.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Yup, very much agreed. Henry made a dumb choice, but he did so thinking he was going to avenge his dead brother. Lizzie killed her sister to turn her into a Walker thinking that would make her a better, immortal friend... uhhh... no.

• Like Like x 1
  20. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member