Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Sophia Wait for Us Here"

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by Joshua, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Joshua

Joshua Member

Let's talk about that, why do you think they showed us that?

2. loco

loco Member

I think it was saying something like a R.I.P. on her tombstone.

3. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

It was nothing more (IMHO) than a reminder of where they originally broke down at, which they all used subconsciously as a meeting place once the farm fell...and what's gone down since Sophia originally went missing.

Other than that, I don't really see any type of "hidden meaning" or "symbolism" that it could relate to!

4. fecto3210

fecto3210 New Member

just a sad reminder of what has transpired

5. Howard33

Howard33 Member

Because they were willing to wait for a little girl on the assumption that she would magically survive and find her way back to the road camp, but yet they are more than willing to move on without Andrea. Or may the fact that the writting looked all finger smudged like someone had run their fingers through it. Or, it could simply be a sad cap to the farm portion of their tale...Loss leads to an oasis of relative calm, but then the soap bubble breaks and the realities of their world come crashing back in flame, violence and gnashing teeth.

6. marsyao

marsyao Member

exactly, that shows the changes happen on the group and Rick

7. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

That was pretty much how I took it too.

Also had Sophia not gone missing, they more than likely would NEVER Have seen the farm, they simply would have kept going.

Am I the only one here that thinks this group has had a HELL OF A LOT OF SHEER DUMB LUCK??

8. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

yeah they have. Them all automatically meeting there needs to find its way into the most unbelievable thread. But I am glad they ddi, if for no other reason than to see the way Daryl and Glen are working off of one another. And to see Rick finally lose patience. I have been waiting for that for two seasons.

9. Shane

Shane New Member

It shows they are back where they started the season at. And their deviation from their travels has cost them some lives, but they did make new friends as well. Just a reminder that even tho they thought they were safe they find themselves back on the road again.

10. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

There may be a reason. As they panned to the windshield, you saw that they left the pick-up (Maybe with the general direction they planned on going in case Andrea was still alive?).

11. boutte

boutte Active Member

Did i see a child's hand print on the wind shield?

12. Blastoplast

Blastoplast Member

I thought the writing on the car windshield fading away mirrored the group's disintegration. They end up where they started, more vulnerable and divided than ever.

13. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I don't see it[​IMG]

14. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I took it as a reminder... I got kinda choked up about it. I have seen some messed up stuff, but when it comes to kids I get all Michael Bolton and shit.

15. JFB_JP

JFB_JP Member

I think it was meant to point out that they had come full circle. They believed they were safe on the farm, had tried to make a new life for themselves, but in the end, there was no escaping the real world. That was my take on it, anyway... could be wrong.

16. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

A new message was left on the back windshield, obviously left by Merle...it reads "Beat Tech!!"

17. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

That's not fair.

After the battle for the farm, the group is exhausted, ammunition is dangerously low, gasoline is low, the highway still has walkers on it, and the farm is swarming with walkers. Lori and T-Dog believed Andrea got bit. Daryl was willing to go back, but Rick decided it couldn't be risked.

18. Al Davis is back

I took it this way too. The sign that was faded represented their fading hope imo. I did not consider that they were at their starting point. Gas is available though. They just don't bother to think they should take some.

19. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Still can't believe they didn't siphon any gas for a road trip! That's usually the 1st thing (and about the only thing T-Dog volunteers to do!!)...

20. Carl's a n00b

Carl's a n00b New Member

There was an entire truck of cooler water on the highway that they never looted. They should of had the presence of mind to off load some of those jugs into the Red Suburban ffs.