Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sophia

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Pretty Much Dead Already' started by Lucky, Nov 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Lucky

Lucky Member

Were you surprised that Sophia turned out to be a walker? I really thought they might find her in the episode. I guess I was right, but I thought she'd be alive. I like the twist though.

2. mandei2624

mandei2624 Member

I had read the spoilers so I was kinda expecting it. It sucks for Carol and Daryl they wanted so much to find her, but at least its all over now.

3. SavetheLast_1

SavetheLast_1 Member

As sad as it was (and god, that was a really emotional ending), it will give the show a lot of drama to work with if you think about it.

How will Daryl react?
    How will Carol react?
    Will they both look to each other now for comfort?
    How will Carl see Shane after Shane screamed that Sophia "is gone" before they knew she was in the Barn?
    How will Carl see his father Rick after what Rick did at the end of the episode?
    How will everyone else deal with what they did in front of Hershel?
    How broken will Hershel be the next time we see him?

This...was totally worth every episode of the characters walking in the woods yelling "Sophia!!?".

4. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

Even though I also saw the spoilers I was still shocked to see her walk out of the barn. I guess I was feeling what the characters were feeling because the actors did a hell of a good job in that scene!

5. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Yeah, the reactions are going to be good. I really wonder how Daryl is going to react because he got pissed when he thought Carol had given up. I don't see Hershell being long for that world. He just cannot handle it.

6. Dedhed

Dedhed New Member

Truly an amazing scene, it showed that Rick was totally right the whole time in "Rick vs. Shane."

Shane got everyone riled up about protecting the group and making the hard decisions for the safety of the community. He played on the general fear of the walkers to turn everyone against Rick. When he opened the barn they were united against Hershel because he thought that the walkers deserved compassion and they thought that he just didn't understand the truth. They killed Hershel's entire family but when Sophia came out of the barn they were forced to see the whole scenario from Hershel's perspective and realized that they didn't have the stomach for it. Only Rick, eternally fair minded, saw that if they were going to kill Hershel's people, they had to kill their own as well.

I think this scenario was actually the best possible for the safety of all the characters. They eliminate all the walkers in the area, they are going to be able to keep their guns, they might have salvaged some of their relationship with Hershel by killing Sophia as well as his entire family, Rick's leadership is solidified (and as long as Rick is in charge the group stands the best chance of surviving) and they no longer need to divide their efforts between killing and capturing walkers. AND the Sophia mystery is solved. So now they just have Lori's pregnancy restricting their movements.

:zombies_neutral:

7. BloodLustKitty80

Shocked to see her come out the barn but I figured she was dead as soon as they decided to abandon the search till the next day smh damn shame but I think I also called it when Carol took off running up to Sophia. Good thing Daryl caught her tho or else she wouldve been Tween Kibble lol

8. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

I didn't see any spoilers but wasn't surprised at all that she was dead. She had been missing for a long time by then.

The only thing that made me wonder was the cabinet/closet Daryl found in that house where someone small had been sleeping.

Which leads to the question..... who was sleeping there? I guess it could have been a medium sized dog.

9. Zombiebikerchick

Zombiebikerchick New Member

I hope we find out how Sophia ended up in the barn. If she was snagged by Hershel and placed in there like he attempted to do with those two walkers in the woods, that means he and the others in his group have known all this time and said nothing. That's pretty lame for such a "man of conscience." I doubt that she sought refuge in the barn, since the walkers would have torn her to bits. She looked relatively unscathed for a walker, imo, so I can only guess that she must have gotten bit in the woods, escaped to a safe haven (maybe the farm?) where she eventually died and transformed into a walker. At some point Hershel et al. must have captured her and added her to the collection, probably on the very day before Rick ran to the farm holding the injured Carl. Rick and the group will surely realize this in the next episode, and when they do Hershel better hold onto his ass 'cause hell hath no fury like Daryl Dixon scorned!

10. BloodLustKitty80

lmao Id love to see the dog that can open a can of tuna! lol

11. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

My thoughts exactly Zombiebikerchick. Hershel has quite a bit of explaining to do, especially why he allowed them to continue to endanger themselves and be sick with worry for her when he had her the whole time and knew what happened.

12. Strawberries

Strawberries Member

Yes, a dog who can open cans and wrap itself in blankets...

13. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Yeah, makes me think that was one of Sophia's hiding places. Probably was bitten and wandered at the Farm and died there. But who knows maybe it's going to be a new character that shows up at some point. *shrugs*

14. Strawberries

Strawberries Member

I'm thinking it is a new character. That detail looked like something that is meant to be picked up later.

15. ChizzBo

ChizzBo New Member

You do realise that is sarcasm right?

16. bew1977

bew1977 Member

I was spoiled, so not surprised. It was well acted though, so it was still a punch to the chest.

As for how she got in there, Hershel explained that Otis was the one that used to capture walkers and put them in the barn. Since the group was concerned with Carl and Shane never talked to him about Sophia before turning him into an all you can eat buffet line, Hershel didn't know. (Thankfully this was brought up in the extended preview, since it was one of my questions too.)

17. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

That was a heartbreaking moment; worse than Amy returning from the dead.

I had hoped that Sophia would be found alive.

Carol, after all the years of abuse her husband inflicted upon her, deserved to find her.

Daryl, after the days of searching alone and getting injured, deserved to find her.

Rick, after almost losing his own child, and praying Sophia's return would bring the group together again, deserved to find her.

And Sophia, whom was the child of a worthless father...a father with pedophile inclinations, deserved to be found alive, and hopefully survive in as much security as the group could provide.

But sometimes the best efforts and intentions aren't rewarded.

18. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

Actually the saddest thing is that the little actress who played Sophia said she loved being on the show and hoped they'd never make her into a zombie.

19. JFB_JP

JFB_JP Member

That is sad. I was hoping they would somehow find her alive, but you have to give the show credit for taking chances like that. If nothing else, season 2 has taught us that not even the children are safe in this series.

20. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I know, especially after Carol prayed and thought she was being punished for hating her husband. Now this is really going to wreck her, it sux.