Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Sophia

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Pretty Much Dead Already' started by Lucky, Nov 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. toby85

toby85 New Member

Zombiebikerchick said:

I hope we find out how Sophia ended up in the barn. If she was snagged by Hershel and placed in there like he attempted to do with those two walkers in the woods, that means he and the others in his group have known all this time and said nothing. That's pretty lame for such a "man of conscience." I doubt that she sought refuge in the barn, since the walkers would have torn her to bits. She looked relatively unscathed for a walker, imo, so I can only guess that she must have gotten bit in the woods, escaped to a safe haven (maybe the farm?) where she eventually died and transformed into a walker. At some point Hershel et al. must have captured her and added her to the collection, probably on the very day before Rick ran to the farm holding the injured Carl. Rick and the group will surely realize this in the next episode, and when they do Hershel better hold onto his ass 'cause hell hath no fury like Daryl Dixon scorned!

--

This is exactly my reaction to Sophi being in the barn. Hershel and his people had to have known that one of the zombies they captured and brought there was the little girl his unwelcomed guests were daily searching for. After all, wouldn't Rick and company have told Hershel from day-one that the main reason they needed to stay was to find her? This logic hole needs to be explained.

#21 toby85, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Well, according to the next show's sneak peek, Hershel is going to claim not to know and that only Otis brought the zombies to the barn. Shane, of course, isn't buying that claim.

3. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

If you listen closely to the dialogue between Hershel and Rick at the river as they are fishing out the two stuck ghouls you will hear Hershel tell Rick that Otis was previously responsible for catching the zombies and putting them in the barn, and since Shane killed Otis before the search for Sofia was ever mentioned, none of Hershel’s family knew the little girl was in the barn. THIS WAS CONFIRMED by Robert Kirkman on the Talking Dead after the show.

4. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

yes, HawaiianZombie I am already aware of that. If you continue to read beyond those statements you'll even find the part where I mention that Hershel claims not to know, and Shane doesn't buy it. Btw,it is still possible that he's lying about not knowing, after all, it's strange that Otis wouldn't mention a girl zombie he found, however, it's unlikely that he's lying.

5. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I read everything and chose to lump your first comment in regardless as my point was to display that many people hold the same inaccurate opinion that was corrected by the creator himself.

I'm sure Hershel didn’t lie. Man of God and all.

Otis didn’t have time to mention anything. He just shot a little boy and was immediately placed in a position to atone for that transgression which left zero room for chit chat.

6. mandei2624

mandei2624 Member

And then he was shot.

7. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Yeah well it rather devalues your point when you choose to lump in a quote from some one whom already corrected themselves.
    Riiight, because people of god never ever lie.
    Speculation. You, nor anyone have any way of knowing exactly when Otis supposedly found this girl.

Once AGAIN...I don't feel that Hershel is lying either, but it has nothing to do with whether or not he's a man of god nor pretending to know(like you) that Otis caught the girl and immediately shot Carl and had no time to tell. I don't think he was lying because I think he was penned to be telling the truth. But who knows, maybe he'll surprise us.

8. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Yeah well obviously it would have been a human that opened the cans. Were there cans on the blanket? I don't remember that.

And I don't think it was a dog, the point is it could have been anything, just an insignificant detail in the grand scheme.

9. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

But I would think it would be something that is going to tie into something else down the road. Or at least I would think so.

10. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Hershal knew.
    How could Otis (without help) wrangle a zombie, open the barn, get zombie in, all without being swarmed? He had help.
    How did the woman, that was feeding the zombies, miss the new zombie girl..... Oh and isn't Ricks group looking for a young girl?

I agree that Otis didn't tell Hershal, he didn't have time to do it without letting the 'zombie filled barn' cat out of the bag. But whoever helped him had to have told Hershal.
    Hershal knew.

11. Chreees

Chreees Member

I believe that Hershel did in fact know. This will create some hella intense tension between he and Rick when the show returns!!! There was tension between them in the comics over the same general reasons, but this just makes it go even further. Man, Kirkman knows how to make his stuff better, haha.

12. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

^ If he did know it would call for some great tension and drama for the coming episodes. I still don't think he knew, though.

13. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

These are the reasons why I said earlier it would be far fetched for him to not have known. If he sincerely did not know....well.....some one knew, and it would be that same some one that helped Otis get zedheads into the barn. I also don't believe that she would have been the only zombie without the appetite for chicken, so I would think the feeder would have noticed her too.

14. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Wouldn't it be a great shocker and wonderful twist if that turned out not being Sophia after all?

15. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Just a girl of the same age who looks exactly like her and was wearing the exact same clothing as Sophia when she was last seen?

No, it wouldn't be great, it would be the ultimate cheeeeeeeze.

16. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

For one, I did not think the zombie looked "exactly" like her. Never would have even recognized it without the clothes, would you have?

As for the clothes getting on some one else, maybe Sophia changed clothes when she spent the night in that house that Daryl found the eaten food in. Other survivors could have happened across them and wound up using them.

Irrelevant anyways, as I was merely tossing out the idea, with no intentions of hijacking the thread. You think it sucks, opinion noted.

17. nikvoodoo

nikvoodoo New Member

You can say what you want about my response, but no. I was not shocked to have Sophia come out of the barn.

They played up the "monster vs. sick people" to the point that as the episode progressed and have Shane go ape sh** over the idea of killing the occupants of the barn.....did not surprise me at all. The argument being turned on its head against Rick & Co. from these flesh eating monsters vs. breaking down and crying about Sophia's appearance.....lot harder to put them down and maybe they'll understand Herschel's point of view better......

.......well of course they actually won't because that wouldn't create any conflicts now would it?

18. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

I have to say I will never read another spoiler thread again. Grrrr. But still I was devestated by Sophia's turning. The direction. Camera work. Brutal. And I'm also concerned for a bit of the comics' story that I thought was very human. Carl, in all his evolution into the ultimate realist and get-it-done guy, still remained a boy. This was played up very well with his relationship with Sophia. That will never play out now. Unless of course, they write in another girl that Carl can bond with. ;)

On another note...after watching the Talking Dead and the various sneak peaks, Hershel didn't know about Sophia. Otis was in charge of the walkers. Straight from Kirkman.

19. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

The soundtrack played a great part too - v well timed. Did Kirkman say *only* Otis would've known or could it be one of the others (his wife?) helped him. If someone else did know but didn't say anything - maybe to prevent the scenario that happened anyway - what sort of tensions would that cause within the Herschel group as well as between them and Rick & Co.

20. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

I wasn't trying to be an ass, just saying it would be a stretch is all. No worries....