Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Spencer is a joke.

Discussion in 'Episode 704 - Service' started by Ionut, Nov 14, 2016.

1. msmith73

msmith73 Member

he has no guts!

2. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

I honestly thought he was going to pipe up there and then when Dwight came back over (Threw Rosita's hat back to her) about the gun. But then the coward side of him probably thought that Rick would sell him out to Neegan about hiding the other two guns in the first place!

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I was shocked and saddened in the start of the episode when Negan does not just kill Spencer right off the Bat for asking who he is?
    Seems way out of character of Negan to me somehow?

Is it possible that Spencer is a Spy of some kind for the Saviors and this is why he is allowed to live?

Maybe his gay love slave,student or relative or something?

He also "Hustles" after Daryls bike which seemed odd to me after his first comment to Negan and then the comment about just giving them what they wanted in the first place?
    What exactly do you think he is talking about here?
    He wasn't there for any encounters with Saviors at all,was he?

He is a weasel and it makes me wonder?

#23 EZD, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  4. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Negan isn't an uncontrolled pyschopath like the Governor that can will kill at slight provocation. He kills for a purpose and everything he does involves mind games so that he can control.

He gets off on dissident subordinates and toying with them. It'd have been out of character for Negan to use Lucille on Spencer for that small interaction and would have been useless to the point of going in there and forcibly establishing the new modus operandi on ASZ to further break them into slaves.

He likely wouldn't have killed Olivia. He's constantly utilizing mind games from various angles on everybody.

5. Znuts

Znuts Member

Yeah, Spencer has got to go. I wonder how many more episodes he will last.

6. Kevinw596

Kevinw596 Member

If it was up to me, last week would have been his last episode. Rick done took his family's town, Spencer is no longer welcomed.

7. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

[MENTION=95192]Ionut[/MENTION] - I apologize for the late response.

So in a sense, do you think he's behaving as Ron Anderson did? As in: Ron was angry at Carl for what Rick did to his father. Now Spencer is angry at Rick and blaming him for what's happened at Alexandria.

Absolutely: that was the fluke--these people were so sheltered that they didn't know how to survive. It's easy to live day by day when you're surrounded by walls with no threats. Once real life happens, that's when they're forced to see if they can survive. If it weren't for Rick and his group, they wouldn't have survived when the walkers almost overran the entire community. It took Rick and his group being out there to slaughter the walkers, that prompted the Alexandrians to join in.

It is sad that he lost his entire family, but it's almost at this point like he wants someone to blame. If Rick and his group didn't come along, eventually his entire family would've been slaughtered by Negan or another rogue group of survivors.

8. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Yes indeed -- a grown up version of Ron with less emo school shooter teen angst. It's that same mentality of externalizing all of your problems.

If you notice from this previous episode last night, Heath also played that card and is sitting in his own negativity.

Yes, there are a load of examples of how not a single one of them ever would have made it had Deanna not taken in Rick's group. They've lost a lot of their original community, but that's not Rick's fault. Things happen and like you said -- they simply were a fluke that was due for reality to come knocking through the door at anytime.

Deanna was smart enough to recognize this, but also dumb enough to not react quicker to necessity.

If Rick didn't come along Spencer would be dead. It seems like the Wolves were due to find the ASZ first before any of the other issue's and Deanna didn't even have armed people within the walls or a look out. Imagine what would have happened had Carol and the gang not been there...

So nevermind the Saviors or a Walkerpocalypse.

9. BlackLightning

Actually I don't know who would have found who first. The Wolves only bothered to come for Alexandria because of the photos Aaron dropped.

Rick describing the Alexandrians to Morgan as the "luckiest damn people he ever met" is hilarious. Because can you imagine if the Wolves and the Saviors both found Alexandria at approximately the same time as when thousands of walkers made it out of the quarry.