Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Spencer's note

Discussion in 'Episode 707 - Sing Me a Song' started by Billy Pilgrim, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

What was on that note Spencer found on the walker in the deer stand? Didn't look to be in English. But seemed happy to find it.

2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I think he said it was in latin and gave locations of different buried stashes of supplies.

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Seemed like just another one of those things they bring up here that we could have zero way to understand but are supposed too somehow too?

What he said was that it was a list of caches the guy had hidden so that he didn't forget where he hid everything.

A little too convenient to me.

4. Zombie_Penguin

It was too convenient to suddenly stumble across this man who just so happened to also know Latin, just like Spencer. His stashes just so happened to still be hidden and all the stuff is now to be Negan's so good going team!

5. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

KILL SPENCER ALREADY. Can't wait to see him die. Hope it happens next Sunday.

6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

The car stopping at almost the right spot was weird, but when Spencer was running through the woods it seemed like he actually knew where he was going. I was more curious as to what happened to the guy in the tree. Looked like his guts were ripped open.

7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing - he wasn't even planning on stopping the car there...Gabe told him to. So why did it suddenly look like he was on a mission and knew right where to go? At first I thought maybe he had seen that walker up there before and never bothered with it until now, when they are really desperate for supplies.

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

LOL I'm right there with you. I've never rooted this much for a character's death, aside from maybe the Governor.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My take: Spencer heard a groaning walker and I took it as he was taking a page from Rosita's "handbook" and ran toward the noise in hopes of finding a gun or some useful weapon on the walker (much like Rosita found on the savior walkers in episode 4)

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh I bet you're right! It wasn't obvious to me that he could hear the noise from where he was...it just felt like he randomly took off running lol. But that's how it happened with Rosita too when she just took off in the woods. Yep, it makes sense now...yep yep yep.

11. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

At first I thought he was heading towards another secret stash he had. But, yes he just heard the walker growl, and wanted to see what he could scavenge. But, even that was out of place. Since when is he this gung ho hero? Maybe his trying to drop he's gnards in hopes of finding the courage to confront Negan with his proposal about taking over the AZS from Rick.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Spencer reminded me of that kid in school who always tried to one up all the other kids either with his grades, how many times he could raise his hand to answer a question, bringing the best snacks to share with the class, etc. Spencer was over the top excited about his haul. Not because it would help in lifting the present burden from the communities shoulders but rather that in his mind it would shine the spotlight on him, aid in making him appear to be the person that Negan can count on.

Spencer, Spencer, Spencer.......

[​IMG]

Yeah I agree he is thinking that he has the beginnings of a pretty solid foundation to building a working r/s with Negan......silly rabbit!

13. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

The stashs are a bit deus ex machina, but they could help keeping Negan off their backs for another week - and maybe, that's all that is there. I don't like Spencer, but in this case, I don't think, this is a trick. And that bow alone could be the 'special' thing, Negan wanted from the ASZ.

14. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

OMG I couldn't agree with you more. I cringe every time he opens his mouth. When he dies I hope it's a horrible death and they show it in slow motion lol!:hatchet:

15. BlackLightning

Honestly, I don't know what Spencer is planning to do with either the food or the crossbow.

His story has diverged quite a bit from what it was in the comics.

It's fiction. Unless we are talking about filler, everything is convenient.

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Fiction?

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I got the impression that he heard the walkers moans, and started going towards it. Hoping to find supplies or a weapon on it. It was like he was looking around the woods for it, and then realized it was above him.

I also wondered how he died up there. He wasn't hanging by his neck, and it did look like he had an abdominal wound, unless that was just decomposition. Incidentally, this is the second time we've seen a tree hunter dead. The first time was in season 5. Daryl came across a decomposing deer, and then nearby was a walker on the ground with what appeared to be a mangled leg. Above him was a hunting stand in a tree. I figured the guy shot the deer, then in his haste to get down out of the tree, fell, injured himself badly, leaned up against the tree and died there.

But this guy? Not sure. Unless someone came by and shot him in the gut while he was up there.

18. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

You sure that wasn't walker Jim?

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

As sure as I'm eating a banana right now. ;)

20. BlackLightning

Fiction.