Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts News spilt screen ?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by MERCURYSB3, Feb 11, 2014.

1. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

been reading comments on COD videos and noticed a lot of complaints about "split screen" players
    why? i always thought it was just for having family play together is there a plus for a player to use split screen?:popcorn:

2. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

It's generally accepted that split-screen players are terrible players, that will make your team lose because they suck so bad. Also, if a split-screener is playing S&D or S&R, they have a second set of eyes to help them find enemies, once one of them has died.

Personally, the extra eyes reason and the fact I believe split-screeners create extra lag for the lobby, is why I want to see the option removed from online gaming...

3. DawnBlue

DawnBlue Active Member

Everyone hates players who play badly and split screeners are basically undermining their ability to play well while also occupying 2 player slots on a team - meaning that you almost certainly have 2 bad players on your team.

I play splitscreen myself sometimes, and on my very small TV I really suck when doing it. Then again, it's also an adjusting problem because I do it so rarely (I also have a hard time playing in the more comfortable setting of our living room, which has two times bigger TV, because I'm used to sitting in front of my own TV like I do with my computer)

4. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz New Member

I absolutely despise split screen. Although I guess it's the only way to play with friends who are in your house if you only have one console, and I've definitely used it a few times in the past, it's really annoying, hard to play, hard to see and if you're just having a 1v1 with the other person, they usually end up 'screen cheating' so that just makes it even more annoying.

5. js85

js85 Member

I never got the idea of hating people who split screen, either. I can understand if you don't like to play it, but I never think "oh those stupid split screeners!" they're on the same team, so it's not like they're boosting.

6. valiantx

valiantx New Member

In my opinion: its more of a challenge to have split-screens, because it diminishes a players field of view, thus aspiring him or her to try harder in their gameplay. Plus, it's a good way to play with my family members and friends. Split-screen play, is truly dependent on one's personal perspective and preference. Also, simply because there are two players, does not mean they will cooperate and kick butt easier, because the results of each of their actions, varies everytime.

7. Chingling

Chingling Member

I love split screen because it allows me to play with friends if they come over and not have to use a different console. However, with newer games brings better graphics and prevents split screen from happening. I don't see anything wrong with it, but it is slowly disappearing.

8. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

I hate playing split screens because it shrinks your view and gaming experience. Go set another tv elsewhere in the house and another gaming console. It's better to do it that way.

9. BennyDarby

BennyDarby Member

I hate playing on a split screen. It makes it harder to know what's going on around you. I could understand why people who are using it won't do so well, you need the full screen to be able to see what is around you at all times. The split screen definitely makes a huge difference.

10. CemeteryGates23

CemeteryGates23 New Member

I think there's usually a game type that doesn't allow split-screen ever since it was first incorporated in CoD games.
    Anyway, I play split-screen a lot and don't feel like it affects my performance (I get pretty much the same kill/death ratio under normal circumstances). I know I'm not very good at Team Deathmatch, but usually excel in objective modes like Domination and Demolition.

11. Corten

Corten New Member

There is a split-screen still? That's news to me, maybe because I play on PC, but damn, that's actually pretty cool.

12. Captain Remus

Captain Remus New Member

I've never had a problem with splitscreen throughout my entire gaming career. I've always enjoyed it due to the fact I can command my partner easier than with a headset. And when we win, its always fun to share the excitement with the guy sitting right next to me.

13. erook7878

erook7878 Member

I don't know how people play split screen. Unless you have massive screen, the view of the game gets cut in half. I've heard it gets really laggy as well on split screen.