Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Spoil the Dead looks like it is no more

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by lastcat3, Jun 24, 2022.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I hadn't been there in a long long time so decided to look at the site to see if there were any recent posts and I got a 404 page. Not surprising as it was getting even less traffic than this site.

No one has to worry about being spoiled for the last eight episodes I guess. On a serious note it is a little disappointing to see how these once very vibrant Walking Dead communities have pretty much all completely turned into ghost towns. Five/six years ago it was hard to keep up with everything that was being talked about.

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah what stood out most to me on this forum was when Neuro stopped posting. He was probably the show's #1 fan. He would even do trivia on characters.

Seasons 3 to 5 were probably the height of the show with fan interest. Like you said, you could never keep up with all the content. There was so much speculation too on what was going to happen next.

3. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

The world went to shit, and life got crazy. I feel like that probably happened to a lot of people. Plus no RICK MOTHERFUKIN' GRIMES hurt the show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Just getting around to looking at this board again. Yeah I was a little surprised when Neuro disappeared as well as he did seem to be the shows biggest fan and (unlike most of us) seemed to like the idea of it just going on and on and on. Assuming that everything is ok with the poster I can only guess that the fact that much of the Walking Dead universe is slowing down hampered his interest a bit (at least to the point that he doesn't feel the desire to put forth the effort to post about the show online anymore).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Last I knew (which was about a year or more ago...) the spoiling dead fans ended but there is a new spinoff of that site called "We are twd fans" (http://www.wearetwdfans.com/) I have not been active on there whatsoever, but I am Jen on there. It's possible Neuro is on there too but i am not sure! I know he was on Spoiling dead before it shut down.

6. Corbinator78

Corbinator78 New Member

I was a member and former chat moderator on the spoilthedead forums. This was years ago, over 10 years. Back then the site was run by King Grimes and 1 other..forgot his name. I was a member for several years from season 1-3. I left the site because all kinds of drama broke out. I actually forgot about this site until I stumbled across this. Even back then I believe alot of people went to another walking dead fansite.

7. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

http://www.wearetwdfans.com/ is a lot busier than here. It was lovely to read a lot of people’s reaction there to the finale. So yes, there are still people out there who enjoy talking about the show. I prefer it here as even though it’s only a handful of people posting, or maybe because of that, it feels more like a group chat. But I like the other site too for giving a wider picture of how different fans receive the show.

8. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

An awful lot of truth in there.

A very interesting topic for me, why we choose to see something through and what makes us walk away. There’s a complex bunch of reasons for both, but generally with the direction the world is moving, it gets harder to stick to things, and harder for making people commit.

TWD is a classic example. Now that it’s over, I’m really glad I stuck with it. Despite its mistakes and problems, the overall vision and its prime message was worth it for me.

• Agree Agree x 1