Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Spoiler Alert: Jumped the shark?

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Shiva' started by Ghoul Slayer, May 18, 2016.

1. Ghoul Slayer

Ghoul Slayer New Member

SPOILER ALERT:
    Okay, I'm pretty much done with Fear. In episode 5 the writers insulted every intelligent viewer with the hoods over Travis and the zombie pirate's heads. C'mon now it's broad daylight. You're not exactly sneaking up on anyone with a 70' yacht either. Everyone knows who everyone else is and everyone knows where everyone else is. If you come trolling in with a hood over my brother's head I'm going to think something is up and be even more suspicious and cautious. I'm not going to wait for you to tie up your raft and lead a hooded figure within a few feet of me without at least making you remove the hood. I understand they were trying to hide that he was a zombie but an idiot could see something wasn't right. Why would the pirates put a hood over Travis' head. That makes no sense whatsoever unless you're just trying to make everything look even. It was poor writing and I'm not stupid. I'm insulted by it and so should everyone else be. Episode 6 wasn't any better either. All of these people blindly following a sociopath like Mrs. Abigail while she murders a whole town and no one even lifts a finger. I'll give the next episode a shot but if it isn't something spectacular, I won't be watching next season.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

Putting bags over prisoners heads is "standard operating procedure" anywhere in the world with or without a Zombie Apocalypse. If you noticed they bagged Travis and Alicia before removing them from the boat. We bag prisoners before they were taken to Gitmo. Somali pirates bag their prisoners, so does ISIS, etc. You don't want prisoners seeing too much about their environment like where they are, how do you get in and hence out, whats the layout of the facility, what kind of security, where are the guards posted , how are they armed, etc...

As for the people at the hacienda not lifting a finger to stop Celia (She's NOT "Mrs Abigail" she was Mrs Flores, Louis' mother, and the head maid / nanny) they wouldn't. She is the head witch at the cult. Santa Muerte is the "Official Religion" of the compound. Hence the altar / shrine, the owls carved in the trees, etc. To people who follow Santa Muerte killing the local villagers, particularly Catholics, is not some great travesty it is more like "Tuesday". Remember these are the people responsible for the violence plaguing Mexico. the narco cartels, the gangs, etc. To the other maids this isn't a crime of "celia has gone nuts" this is "our time" when "we will rule" and the reign of the government, the church, the powerful is over.... These are GOOD times for them...

4. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

Jumping the shark gets used way too much. Nothing in TWD or FTWD is close to jumping the shark. It has to be such an epic fail it becomes lore even for future generations to frown upon. I saw the Happy Days episode when it was first aired that gave us the shark jumping scene. It was so cringe worthy, in fact, just thinking about it makes me squirm in disgust.

Jumping the shark in the TWD universe would be this. When Negan hits his victim with Lucille. The bat bounces out of his hands, it flies through the air, hitting and killing Dwight, then the bat bounces off Dwights head and strikes Negan in the throat, killing him instantly.

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

It's called "Nuking the Fridge" now, if I recall correctly. ;p

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I hear they're gearing up for another Indiana Jones film. I bet ideas of how to top that are being brainstormed as we speak.

7. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

My votes are for;

Running on Lava
    Punching the Rhino
    Holding up the Mountain
    or
    Blowing out the Sun

8. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

NOOOOOO!!!!!! Don't even joke about that - Gimple et. al are still trying to figure out how they will get out of the hole they dug with this cliff hanger thing and I shudder to think what they could do with an idea like that. As it stands now Im almost expecting to see Eugene reprise his pecker chomping scene, giving Glenn the opportunity to get himself and Maggie under the nearest dumpster, thus providing critical seconds for Beth, Morgan and Nick from FTWD to arrive with "The Murphy" from Z-Nation - who will use his zombie telepathy to command Negan to commit suicide by eating pudding until goes into a diabetic coma...

Think I'm kidding. Remember the barn, they had a "Zomnado".... LOL

9. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Nuking the Fridge for movies, Jumping the Shark for TV shows.

10. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

3 posts and done ?

What a WIMP ! Or a troll coward .

POO on you ! Zombie Poo to boot ! And all of the farts around them .

May those farts of zombies, camels, and New Jersey Italians surround you for the rest of your putrid days !

11. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I tend to agree with the intent of the original post. The group seeks refuge on a large farm in the countryside. There are walkers being penned up and fed by the people on the farm who believe the walkers are still alive. The farm catches fire and walkers overrun the farm. Now where have I seen this play out before....?

Speaking of walkers overrunning the place, the ones in the fields, where did they come from? The ones in the wine cellar got burned up. When Strand left the farm there weren't any walkers hanging out...

12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

You make some good points, but dude, paragraphs are your friend

13. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

So this should be your last post in the FTWD forum.

Goodbye.

14. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

this show is an epic fail

15. Ghoul Slayer

Ghoul Slayer New Member

Yes it is. I haven't watched last week's episode yet, but I have a feeling that will be the last episode of Fear I do watch. I'm about to watch it now. Don't get me wrong, I still love the original show but this show tried and failed.

#15 Ghoul Slayer, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  16. Ghoul Slayer

Ghoul Slayer New Member

My first two posts were TWD. I still love the original, it's only FTWD that sucks. I may not be a forum junkie but I've read a lot of the comics and I've been watching both shows since the beginning.

#16 Ghoul Slayer, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  17. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

It's all about the chemistry. Gotta respect the chemistry. Not only do you need solid actors and writers who are good in and of themselves, but they have to be good as part of an ensemble cast. I think part of what's not quite working in this show is the yacht, the floating palace. Many times you don't get the sense that anyone is really suffering, so yeah, a deus ex machina is not always a good thing. The walker in the well episode was my first introduction to TWD, and that literally blew me away. I'm not sure what they can do on Fear for shock and awe value that hasn't already been tried on TWD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk