Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

*SPOILER * Casting news spoils who Negan killed?

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by RatFeeder, Apr 22, 2016.

1. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

So huge spoiler alert, and probably the most credible news I've read with clues to who probably got killed by Negan. Do not read any further if you don't want even a hint of a spoiler.

Usually I hate spoilers, but I hate what TWD did with the finale.

LAST WARNING, don't read any further if you don't like spoilers!!

Major casting news, MIGHT reveal who got killed:

An excerpt:
    "THR reports that Steven Yeun, who plays Glenn on the show, has just been cast in Bong Joon-Ho’s monster movie Okja."....."Okja began principal photography today, and filming on The Walking Dead season 7 begins in May."

Complete article here:
    http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-negan-kill-glenn-okja/

2. Santa

Santa Member

This does not sound like a major production. And we don't even know if he's cast in a major role.

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

"Okja" is Korean for "Violet's Revenge". So Steven might have a pretty significant part in it.

4. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

It's a Netflix project so I wouldn't call it minor either. Yes, we don't know his role as the article states, but it's one of the more interesting pieces of news I read as to who might have been killed off.

5. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

I think hes also being cast in "mayhem".. with Milton from TWD oddly enough, dont know how big a production it will be

but then again he did other projects while still with the show..

Would sad to see him go tbh.. Ive always thought it will either be him or Daryl.. and at first I wanted daryl to survive...

but Daryl's character as kind of hit a wall w/ development.. now Im thinking i'd want daryl to die and Glenn to live

although if the show really wanted to be sadistic/evil they could off maggie and I'd be fine with that.. imagine.. bashing a pregnant woman's head in? oh my lord even typing that sounds sick.. AMC would cause protests w/ that one

6. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

Agree on Maggie, if they really wanted to make Negan into a crazed monster. The interesting part about that would be Glenn's reaction and development after that. He's never been big on killing humans, but if Negan took Maggie out, he'd probably flip out and go psycho.

7. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

Good point .. a psycho glenn might be fun to watch

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Well that didn't take long at all :zombies_lol:

9. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

There'd be no Glenn development after that. Zero chance he would stay put while Negan kills Maggie. He'd be killed too, and Rick would have to eat Carl's eye. They won't go that way (too bad, cause I don't really like Maggie and wouldn't mind at all seeing her go).

10. ZombieAndTeal

ZombieAndTeal Member

I was just totes about to say this - Glenn wouldn't be able to contain himself if negan killed maggie, and I dare say negan knows this (given glenns previous outburst) which is why he wouldn't pick Maggie. He wants as many of them to live as poss in order to work for him, so killing Maggie means killing Glenn too, then possibly rick when they start pulling Carl's eye out, then maybe Carl himself who will in turn stick up for his dad. He wants to send a strong message, not create a chaotic bloodbath.

11. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Steven was cast as adult short round for the new Indiana Jones.

12. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Haha......True....

To the OP, several of the cast are working on other projects, for example, Norman Reedus is doing a motorcycle show on TV. I don't think simply by virtue of working on other projects it signals who is getting the bat. JMHO.....

13. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Yuen has been doing a bunch of other videos too, appearing on Conan, etc. I'm more convinced it's him.

Yeah but when they got cast into those projects, when they are filmed, etc. and the timing could yield clues. I certaintly think you can read more into them than any supposed "Clues" dropped in the show which mean way less.

14. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

But his show is already taped. So Norman Reedus has the time to be back filming TWD. Sounds from this like Steven's possible new role is a conflict.

15. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

This means nothing...it doesn't confirm that the actor won't return to TWD. It's a possiblity but not for certian.

16. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

The new rumour going around the net is that it was Abraham that was killed, I dont know if I believe it but im reading it more and more places, I think even "forbes" did an article on abraham possibly being killed ..

I think the reason or logic behind this has to do with the a few things...

1: orange crush can, and the denise death.. Denise dies the way Abraham is supposed to die (from the comic) whie saving an Orange Crush can (Abraham has orange hair and his head will be crushed by negan?)

Rick is told several times that it may be the last day on earth for someone in the rv meanwhile Abraham is speaking to Glenn about wanting what glenn "has" ..to be a father (but little does abraham know glenn is really supposed to die soon)

Last but not least it was leaked.. several times.. that when the cast were together and when they read who it was Negan Killed, Mike Cudlitz (who plays Abraham) threw his script across the floor pissed off and supposedly cursing..

and then scott gimple making reference to Zapruder on "the talking dead" when talking about how fans will find clues to find out who was killed, he said theyll be studying it like the zapruder film for clues.. Zapruder's first name is Abraham ..

Personally.. I have no idea.. I mostly switch between thinking it was Glenn, and Daryl..

but apparently a lot of people are becoming convinced its abraham

17. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I'll throw this out there, they don't learn they are getting killed off while reading the script, unless it is a screw up like T Dog, they get the phone call and are told ahead of time. So Cudlitz throwing the script because it is him wouldn't make sense because he would have known it already.

18. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

There have literally been "hidden clues" and "deeper meanings" for Michonne, Abraham, Glenn, and Daryl, if not more folks. People are going around and around in circles to try and figure out who it is, but most of these clues and such are really just confirmation bias for whoever the theorist personally wants/believes was Lucille'd.

The truth is that nobody knows for sure, as far as us fans. The bastards really did leave things ambiguous enough so now we have to suffer through this crap for who knows how long. I keep hoping it'll get leaked during filming, but I wouldn't put it past them to keep the dead survivor around to either throw off the scent of the spoiler folks or because they'll film flashbacks/memories for the living survivors that involve the dead survivor and, thus, an excuse to keep him/her on the payroll even though their character is dead.

So, even if filming spoilers start leaking, I'm not sure how much I'm gonna believe them. Gimple really, REALLY did a number on us here.

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

When they did end up doing the cliffhanger I was convinced it was Abe for a few reasons, one being that I didn't think they would treat a character's death who has been with us since season 1 (Glenn) like that. Now that some weeks have passed I don't know anymore, and the POV van shots make me go back to thinking it's Glenn.

20. Viki

Viki Member

Still not concrete enough for me to be sure