Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

State of Decay (Console game inspired by DayZ)

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by RicksRightHand, Aug 21, 2012.

1. RicksRightHand

Could this bee the zombie survival game we're all waiting for? From the trailer it looks like it's well made and true to the zombie lore we're all familiar, for example it looks like all the kills in this game came from headshots to the zombies. (something a lot of zombie games these days neglects to include)

[video=youtube;U8yvLrjnGdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8yvLrjnGdU[/video]

more info: http://undeadlabs.com/about-state-of-decay/

Looks pretty cool in my opinion. Whats everyones thoughts?

2. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

It'd be better with slow zombies.

3. Negan

Negan Active Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay...

When will it be released?

4. RicksRightHand

Yeah, slower zombies would be ideal... none of this 28 Days Later sprinting etc. I'm still looking forward to it though. Plus they're using it as a platform to release a MMORPG once it's released.

Don't think there's a release date yet but I think it will be this year.

5. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I've been noticing alot of these zombie survival games are starting to turn up. I am looking forward to The War Z which is a DayZ like game but for PC only and a standalone product. To be honest, State of Decay doesn't look too fun .What the hell is with the running zombies and the body stomping

6. Negan

Negan Active Member

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#6 Negan, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  7. Dr. Geek

Dr. Geek Member

When will they stop pumping these "horror survival" games with so much action. Slow and intense, build the tension...I don't want pretty explosions and guts. Well, some guts is always a good thing...

BOOM! FIRE! ZOMBIE! SHOOT,SHOOT! DRIVER! GTA! ZOMBIE!

BTW...Yeah, I still want to try it out. :Chainsaw:

8. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I'll play it. Running zombies in a game don't bother me as bad as they do in a movie. Still, slow zombies would've been better.

9. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Graphics look sorta lame, sketchy, and dodgy...and I agree about the whole "fit for fitness" zombies that can do a 40 in 4.35. Plus the whole jump in the air 5 feet and crack a zombies skull flat seems a tad over the top for 'traditional' zombie slayers.

10. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I don't really care about graphics. I grew up playing the Atari and nintendo, so if the story isn't half bad and the game play is good, sketchy graphics can be forgiven. I've played some beautiful games that were so bad that it didn't matter how good they looked, I couldn't finish them.

11. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

I hear ya about the graphics...it's just that for a modern game the graphics seem C- level for x-box or ps-3 console. Some of my fave games like gTA III, hitman, max payne, and manhunt (1 & 2) have probably worse graphics than this 'state of decay'
    game (but I friggin loved those games)...

12. GreekSalads

It's all made by an independent studio so you shouldn't really expect anything graphically amazing. And as a PC gamer, they would have to dumb down the graphics for consoles to make it run at a playable frame rate. It's all about performance after all.

13. MIC WITT

MIC WITT Member

Thanks guys. Although I am a passionate gamer and TWD fanboy I haven't had this game on my radar. I checked out the available vids, looks like a must buy for me...

+1 that graphics are not the most important

14. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

I heard WAR Z was terrible. It was up on Steam for like a day and they pulled it. Here is an article on the game. I checked reviews and everyone is saying it sucks really bad.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2022310/zombie-mmo-the-war-z-removed-from-steam-accused-of-fraud.html

15. Wake up NE0

Wake up NE0 New Member

hi guys im interested in this game also. But the graphics are a bit lackluster. I too, don't really like the fast zombies. They worked in left 4 dead, but i feel they make the main gameplay a lot shallower. its like all the enemy NPCs are just homing missiles bombing into you. It just doesnt seem tactical. Slower zombies that 'jog' when you go near them, would be preferable to me, as well as them doing loadssss of damage to make up for the slow speed. 1 or 2 swipes, or 1 bite should be an instant death imo
    I will still definetly get this, any release date ? thanks

16. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

I've downloaded this game to my PC yesterday and the gameplay is amazing. It gives you the freedom to explore the enviroment among the zombies and the kills are amazing. There is no real story so far, just going for supply runs and completing tasks. I hope there will be a story later, I'm at the beginning of the game. Graphics are ok, not great but that's not a big deal. The gameplay and the kills are pretty good.

17. KillTheGov

KillTheGov Member

This is the best zombie game I've played

18. GreekSalads

Does anyone know if State of Decay has the living threat in it as an enemy? If not, I probably won't get it. (Okay, I might but not super excited to get it when I can)

19. Laughter

Laughter New Member

I saw this on Steam and I have heard nothing but great things said about it. May grab it in a few weeks. Really do wish it was co-op though.

20. Lil' Ass Kicker

It's an awesome game, the 'Breakdown' DLC that released a few games ago is hard but fun, main goal is to scavenge for supplies and survive obviously.

#20 Lil' Ass Kicker, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013