Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Still Alive

Discussion in 'Episode 214 - Wrath' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 2, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was bitching about his death being a really crappy ending to a slow build up of his psycho mindset. All that and they are gonna kill him off in a crappy car accident? I was gonna riot.

Then when it came out that he was actually put down by the "bros".....I cheered.

KARMA BABY!!!! Thought it was sooooo important to put down Baby James huh? Well the shoe is on the other foot now baby doll. KARMA!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

I can't see his death being fake. They would have told Travis prior to or during the beatdown. Why tell him that Chris is dead and then take a beating. If there was any chance whatsoever he was alive (such as they just left him for dead), then they would have admitted it.

3. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Never, never would'a guessed Chris would go out this quickly. Or in this way. Bravo to the show for completely faking me out!

4. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

When I read about how the audience learned of Chris' death, I thought it would be fake too...But now that I finally watched the first of the Finale episodes, I am pretty confident he has to be dead. Why would those guys make that up if Travis was already beating the crap out of them. If he was alive, they would have told him to save their own pathetic asses.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Chris is totally going to go on and lead the La Manas.

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Chris dying in an accident and those idiots putting him down are 2 completely different things but each is plausible for sure.

It was just strange the way they showed the death through Travis' already deranged eyes and not really being told by the guys who killed him and so to me that casts a sliver of doubt that Travis and then us saw the death as it happened and not how he rightfully imagined and expected that it happened.

So if you thought we were being punked before over him being dead or not just imagine how it will feel when Travis learns that he killed those 2 but Chris is still alive somehow!?!

I am not saying that I think this is the case but why not go all the way with it instead of this somewhat lame out of nowhere explanation?

Having him on Talking Dead would be an even bigger slap if this is the case.

If Glenn is still alive then why not Chris?

Maybe.Maybe Not?

7. Nikoranui

Nikoranui New Member

I'm pretty sure he's seen the flowers. If someone's shown on the death reel on Talking Dead, that pretty much confirms it right?

Have to say I'm pretty disappointed with how the character was handled by the showrunners. Although his death was satisfying, realistic and predictable (in a good way!) I was really hoping we'd see some kind of clever redemption arc where he saved his family from actual villains, sacrificing himself and earning forgiveness through the act. That way Travis still gets to Hulk Out on the people Chris didn't kill, and Chris gets what he always wanted; acceptance. Instead we see his worst fears come to life for him where he's cast out and shunned, finally dying alone having never fitted in.

I was really looking forward to hearing an "I love you son" from Travis when the prodigal son finally returned. Absolutely heart-breaking that "God damn you, Chris" was the final thing he ever heard from his dad.

8. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I was hoping that when the slayer family left they would at least come up on Chris' body in the road, maybe run over it or something. But noooooo, nothing so rewarding as that. And poor Aleshia, she sticks with her mom, kills to save Travis, and what do they do? She's the only decent kid out of the 3, and now they're putting themselves in danger looking for Nick. At the end she was like WTF mom? That girl is never going to come first.

9. PepperAnn

Although I COULD see where they might show that Chris actually survived, I don't see them doing that for a few reasons.

One - he was shot in the head. Yeah, we aren't sure WHOSE perspective that flashback came from, but I am pretty sure it came from the bros. They were telling the story after all. MAYBE it might have actually just been a graze....but I doubt it. Pointblank range with a friggin shotgun? (WAS that a shotgun? lol) Whatever, shotgun rifle....hard to miss at that range.

Two - after showing the wide shot of Chris lying there with blood pooled around his head.....it shows the exact same shot of one of the bros with blood pooled around HIS head.....yet another karma reference.

Three - another Glenn/Dumpster fake out? I think the show would definitely take a nose dive ratings wise if they did that to us AGAIN.

#29 PepperAnn, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  10. Poppy

Poppy Member

I think he is dead.

Isn't it funny, where so many people wanted him to die, and now that he has, so many are making arguments that he has not died.

I agree with [MENTION=3634]PepperAnn[/MENTION] that a dumpster scene would be very distasteful to me and other viewers.

11. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

It was a rare way for them to show someone's death.

Has there ever been a major character death that no one else witnesses but a couple minor characters? However, I think it would be realistic that if you get separated for days and split up on purpose, it's likely you could die without anyone witnessing it. I really can't think of any characters in the Walking Dead dying the same way.

12. PepperAnn

Yeah I think you are right. And FTWD will HAVE to do this here and there if they are going to continue with this style of storytelling. That or have some deaths never found out about.