Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Still no answer to Daryl's eye scar

Discussion in 'Episode 914 - Scars' started by I am Legend, Mar 18, 2019.

1. I am Legend

I am Legend Member

I thought they would explain also the scar on Daryl's eye in this episode, but no.
    More flashbacks to come?
    Or maybe we will never have an answer?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s not important except to show Daryl’s gone through some wear and tear in the intervening years. He spent a lot of time out in the woods by himself.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

He’s bound to have been scratched by plenty of tree branches!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I thought that happened when the kid shot at him. That the bullet grazed his face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I am Legend

I am Legend Member

You mean the arrow?
    But at the end of that flashback his face was OK.

Inviato dal mio Pixel 2 XL utilizzando Tapatalk

6. Sharpie61

That’s right, it was an arrow, not a bullet.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I thought of this also. Like you, I just think it is another indicator of the passage of time. Of living in this world. Accidents are likely to happen, scars not received from an enemy but something as simple and clumsy as walking into a door jamb. Who knows maybe a game of fetch with Dog got a bit out of hand.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I thought Norman also said the missing wing would be explained.

I guess at this point we have to assume both things are just there to show that Daryl has lived a rough life out in the woods.

9. Sharpie61

Maybe we get a small flashback to when he got dog. That could be when he loses the wing and gains dog and a scar.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sully

Sully Active Member

Definitely don't think all the questions are answered.

For example, we still don't know what went down between Maggie and Michonne either.

It could be have just been conflict about Maggie asking for help and Michonne turning her away after what happened, but still they haven't really addressed that yet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I am inclined to go with Daryl's face just has wear and tear of looking for Rick all these years. But hey, if they make it a flashback thing where they discuss Maggie/Michonne (I am not satisfied with the reason for the feud just being Michonne cutting off contact) I would be okay with that. Like maybe Maggie throws one of Herchel's toys at his face and damages him haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I thought it happened when he went through the fence at the school. That's what it looked like to me.

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think he finally tried porcupine for dinner and was eating with chop sticks.

It seems odd to me that they would give him a scar on his face to show the passage of time, if we weren't meant to find out how he got it. That's extra work for the make up artists almost every single day for the rest of the series. The X's they only have to do occasionally but the face scar is something every day Daryl films. And usually over time they make scars less and then prominent [less work], but Daryl's seems to have gotten more prominent as the season goes on. I didn't even notice it in 906, even after going back and rewatching, you can barely see a hint of it.

This tells me that we will find out. Perhaps just through dialogue. Daryl might tell the story of how he got it and it will be a lesson regarding something that is going on at the time. But it IS possible its just meant as passage of time. But kind of odd.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I agree it may reflect the passage of time, but my gut tells me that it's also tied to Dog and losing a wing on his vest as was mentioned before.

It's interesting how layered Daryl is now compared to before. Just the minor details like a facial scar and torn vest could lead us to some compelling flashbacks in season 10.