Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Strand is Gay!

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by Ron Lambert, May 2, 2016.

1. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

Ok so Great episode, But I was surprised when they revealed that strand is gay! wow... was not expecting that.
    It does make his character much more dynamic. He ads a whole Barry white / Darth Vader vibe to the show.
    I am willing to bet good money, there were people watching the episode that didn't think he was gay until the kiss this episode. They did a great job playing it down, teasing at the fact before the reveal at the end. It makes sense.. I am also glad they pulled him out of the water at the end of the episode.

10 to 1_ they get to mexico to find his lover is turned. ohh.. it is going to be a great season if they keep up the plot twists.

2. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Are you Adam's brother? Just curious.
    One kiss doesn't make Strand gay. He could be playing gay card to stay in favour with Thomas. Maybe he is, but personally I'm getting a little of the gratuitous "gay kiss" coming up in a lot of tv shows.

3. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I didn't know that either Barry White or Darth Vader was gay.

4. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Ron Lambert, you need to get your gayadar fixed. I picked up on it when he returned Thom to his room after drinking.

5. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

I see Strand as the ultimate opportunist and have no issue believing he's at least gay-for-pay.

Nick

#5 ntotoro, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  6. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I don't think he is faking it. They showed that Strand met Thomas either during or just after Hurricane Katrina. I think the show is set in more or less modern day, so he has been affiliated with him for years and they definitely seem very close now, like lovers. Also in Season 1 finale Strand grabs a picture on the shelf and looks at it very longingly. I think they are sincerely portraying him as being in love with Thomas. But we'll see.

7. Lupey

Lupey Member

I think Strand is what Strand has to be.

8. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

I am not suggesting they are_ I was referencing his deep voice.

9. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

I realized he was gay when they were at the bar. my comment was aimed at those in denial up to the kiss.

10. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

I agree, and it is going to be totally messed up when strand and tom finally get together again. haha.. diabolically zombie.

11. Ricktatorship80

12. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Yep. An opportunist. If you'll notice, it's Thomas Abigail that turns full-frontal at the bar while Strand sits, heading straight ahead. He barely dips his head in emotional responses to their opening banter.

Any port in the storm...

"Not that there's anything wrong with that - !"

13. GeorgeWest

GeorgeWest New Member

It was pretty obvious from the flashback that Abigail was flirting with Strand back in that bar in 2005. After Abigail caught up to Strand, Strand may be hanging with Abigail because Strand wants to save his own arse so to speak. Strand is Abigail's lover out of expedience more than anything else.

14. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

That's exactly what I think, stated earlier in this thread... total opportunist and I have no issue believing that he's at least gay-for-pay, or just goes wherever the wind blows.

Nick

15. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Ahhh, a mercenary booty warrior

16. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I will get mine adjusted

17. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

10 bucks say Thomas is wondering around all zombie like when they get there.

18. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Uh... he's only listed in IMDB's last episode. There's a chance he won't make any appearance again.

Of course, if this occurs, then "who's got the sat-phone" becomes even more interesting. This may be why Nick was forced ashore - Thomas had the sat-phone, was going to coordinate Luis' appearance at-sea but when Strand could no longer find Thomas, he had to send Nick ashore. I guess Strand and Luis didn't have any other contingency - no "One if by land, two if by sea" safety nets.

Sure will be interesting to see... of course, the writers' method of plodding thru activity could make this hostage situation stretch out another 5 or 8 seasons. After all, the other boat's somewhere over the horizon, and it will take some time to decide to chase after them. I have confidence these writers can waste more time - they've seen at least 5 seasons of this on TWD.

19. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

It's like the pendular opposite of 24.

20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

A Gay Zombie?