Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Strand

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Cobalt' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I thought at first he was a very awkward shrink employed by the military to evaluate the "interns".

2. Scarecrow666

Scarecrow666 Member

Highly unlikely. He was barely involved in his families life before the outbreak. How in the world would he find time to meet his little sisters high school's flings parents lol.

"Hey Matt's parents, meet my junkie brother Nick"

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Mr. Strand - my oh my, who is he? what is his agenda? how is he going to "use" Nick? how did he get the key? who was he prior to the outbreak? who is "A"? The list of questions will go on and on no doubt, with each layer of his character revealed. What is not to like? The character is intriguing, enigmatic and the actor portraying the Strand great fun to watch

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Strand and Deliver

5. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

The Strand

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

"A" is the boxcar. He's a cannibal.

Just kidding. I like this dude. They clearly want us to think he's bad news based on manipulating I-forget-his-face, but I think he's going to be good. I think he's just a person capable of doing what is necessary to survive. So, hopefully Travis trips and falls and lands temple-first on an upturned metal rake and Strand and Nick become the main characters.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Strand Up Guys

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Strand your ground.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

TA DA....and there we have the now infamous and much rumored TWD crossover, BOXCAR A

#29 Dnae, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  10. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

When are Eph, Abe, Dutch, and Vasiliy going to show up?

11. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that he traded his watch for the key. The other questions not so sure. Maybe he will try to OTIS Nick?

*quick thought. Strand mentioned that he needed someone with Nick's skills. Being a drug addict, Nick is probably adept at living by the littlest of necessities (I think they mentioned that). Nick is probably also an accomplished thief and a good scavenger.

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Maybe he will try to trade him for a Woman who has kept herself up?
    That whole thing where he baited the guy out of the cage was just strange.
    Why would the solders remove him because he was crying? That seems like a fairly natural reaction to the whole situation to me,was he headed for the Bolt Gun now?

13. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Only need one cow.

14. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I'm interested to see what his agenda is as well - and why he's locked up in the first place. I thought they only took people there that were sick or at risk of dying. Doug had the mental health thing and Nick is a recovering druggie, but Strand seemed fine.

15. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I was wondering that, too. Didn't seem sick, addicted, or demented.

Is he the fabled character from the plane and he's at the hospital for observation because he was exposed on the plane?

Edit: Nope. Just read about "Flight 462", and it says the plane survivor appears in Season 2, so I guess it's not Strand.

#35 Lolly92660, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  16. Funion The Baba

LOLZ

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That's the salesman's name? Strand? Yeah, I had the same thought: Why is this guy here? Maybe he had a cold or something when they brought him in, but he doesn't have any visible wounds or other reason to be there that I can see.

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They probably also send people there who were being rebellious or somehow otherwise breaking the new 'law'. Strand strikes me as a guy who ended up there for that reason. I think that is what was about to happen to Ofelia if Andrew hadn't intervened.

19. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Strand was 'walking - driving - BEing' while black. Smarter than his asshole captors... knows that the dynamic has changed.
    Otis'ed the worthless Doug ...a crybaby anchor. Traded for the 'gold standard' of addicts --- Nick...who knows the way around, and through a city. Knows shortcuts.
    Strand's a 'closer' ... three steps ahead of anyone else ! Hates 'insurance'. There is no insurance in ZA.

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I think his line to Doug was just that -- a line. My guess is IRL he was State Farm's top salesman.

I agree getting rid of Doug was a wise move. Without meds that guy is a walking bomb.

I disagree with him completely when he said the old way people are all going to be toast though. A CEO of a big company is a pretty ruthless person. I can see those types being survivors as well. They're probably shooting walkers faster than the military, and will be coming up with whatever fortified encampments possible to protect #1, and will pull in people to make that happen as well.