Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Strand's Pole

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by br0k3n, May 3, 2016.

?

Pitcher or Catcher?

Poll closed Jun 2, 2016.
  1. Strand pitches

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Strand catches

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Its only gay when coconuts touch.
    (awaits mod ban)

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Having fun is not something that would warrent a Mod ban.

3. Taeyeon'sBF

This was very sexual. LOL

4. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

We are covered by our 1st admendment rights.....

5. Taeyeon'sBF

Mkay.

6. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

I tried to steer this thread to more productive areas of thought. Tried to open up the avenue of conversation on whether or not Strand wasnt gay and just playing Abigail for monetary/power gain.

But of course everyone had to drag it back into the gutter...

Dont care what sexual preference characters are myself. I just want to know what said characters agenda is and Strand definitely, always, has an agenda. I'm just not totally sure of what that agenda is...

7. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Kudos for that. I began it as a tongue-in-cheek pun and commentary on Strand's character. But Abigail Williams, oops I mean @Taeyeon'sBF and torch-bearing crew have come to enlighten us all on the important facts:

1. Taeyon is allowed to put straight sex jokes in his sig beacuase he's "been here a long time"
    2. Taeyon is allowed to crack gay sex jokes
    and that's cool too, presumably for the same reason.
    3. Taeyon is also endowed with supernatural abilities to "understand" strangers on the internet.
    Perhaps with the aid of a magic ring? [​IMG]
    4. Comparative newbs like myself, however, do not share in these special privileges. “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
    5. I have been graciously admonished by his eminence (I wonder how he voted? Pitcher or catcher?), that I should bail for "self preservation" reasons. But alas, despite the coconut-master's warning, the thought-police have uncovered my nefarious activities, and branded me with the scarlet H.

Many thanks for those who instead of grabbing pitchforks, actually paid attention to the point of the commentary (Is Strand really gay? Was the actor's performance awkward?).

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think the biggest fan of your own threads...is you.

9. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

You forgot to supply the chart

[​IMG]

10. Taeyeon'sBF

OP with his thread.
    [video=youtube;cmbZOKAdCB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmbZOKAdCB0[/video]

11. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Tsk tsk not very trans-friendly of you @Taeyeon'sBF - now RUB THE LOTION!

12. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Kind of like what you're doing right now?

13. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

@RickyGrimes I'm sorry, what did I assume, and about whom?

14. LadyGrimes

What? Do I need to spell it out for you? I was referring to your claims that gay men "act" a certain way when that's obviously not true.

15. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Ma'am, thanks - this really does explain a lot.

Error #1. This thread was never about ALL GAY MEN. This thread was about Strand.
    Error #2. Please point exactly to where I say "gay men act a certain way".
    Error #3. ASSUMING 1 &2 and then calling me a homophobe.

To restate: IMO Strand's "romance" with Thomas is suspect. Strand is above all things an opportunist. His first interaction with Thomas is to steal his credit cards! Thomas catches up with Strand, and instead of having him arrested says Strand is now "obligated". Later comes a kiss - which IMO was awkward and forced.

Is this because (a) Strand is not truly gay, but "gay for pay"? (b) Strand is gay but not in love with Thomas? (c) Other reasons. OR perhaps was it awkward because one or both of the actors is not gay in real life, and just struggled to convey the romance the audience is to assume has blossomed between the thief and the millionaire?

Now, someone asked WHY I thought Strand was unconvincing, and I pointed to Aaron - another male gay character in TWD. WHAT I DIDN'T SAY was "oh Aaron is so effeminate and flamboyant running around with feather boas and assless chaps - because THAT defines gayness". And WHY didn't I say that? Because that's not Aaron's character either!

WHAT I DID SAY was that Aaron is a convincing gay character. Why? I'm not sure. Is it (a) because the actor portraying Aaron is really gay in real life, and so he naturally does a better job? Or (b) because the actor portraying Aaron is straight as an arrow but is just a more talented actor than the actor portraying Strand? Or (c) is it something about the way the writers have scripted Aaron that just make him more believable?

I was opening this thread up to people opinions about these matters. But no. Nope. The witch hunt was on.

So in the end, while you pulled the trigger and called me a homophobe and made assumptions and errors about what this thread was about, I forgive you.

Out.

#35 br0k3n, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  16. LadyGrimes

Oh really?

17. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Yes, really. Aaron, believable. Strand, not so much. My opinion. And for the aforementioned reasons delineated in detail. If you have a different one, great - let's hear it.

18. LadyGrimes

Not all gay men act the same.

19. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

and we're back. Thread not about ALL gay men. It is about Strand. Please allow the two brain cells floating in your skull to connect.

20. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

[MENTION=59101]RickyGrimes[/MENTION]

lets try this:

do you think the romance and kissing scene between Thomas the millionaire and Strand the credit card thief was believable?

Yes? Or No?