Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Stranger Danger

Discussion in 'Episode 812 - The Key' started by TDogResurrected, Mar 20, 2018.

1. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Give us four boxes of supplies and we'll give you "key" information? I'm ganna quote Simon on this one BULLLLSHHHIIIIT! Why don't they use the information, if it is soo valuable? Why not offer some proof or context of what the "key" is? Only three people? For all they know, they are another savior like group probing for new groups to take control of. NOPE, NOPE, Id take their guns, tell them to turn around in that van and don't come back.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reina

Reina Active Member

Well, they only asked for records in exchange for how to build up civilization again and they gave them food. I'd say Hilltop came out ahead with that. All Maggie has to do is read to know if it's bogus or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

In situations like this you have to use your best judgment and take chances on people or risk never making any new progress. Sometimes it works out, like in the case of Siddiq they ended up with a new doctor...thanks Carl! In other cases, not so much...but they can't start killing everyone and taking their stuff or they are no better than Negan.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Reina

Reina Active Member

You can't just send threats away and take their guns. What if they come back? You can't kill everyone either. The world would never recover that way.

"Everyone can't be bad." - Carl Grimes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

It's not about killing everyone, it's about trusting a three-women squad who appears fearless and making weird holier-than-thou statements. Put these clowns in a real-life threatening situation and they're either fools or highly dangerous. In either case, you stay away from that mess.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They did give proof and context as to what the key is. They gave them a large book full of schematics and instructions on how to build things like windmills and other technology. They wouldn't spend time hand copying large books of instructions just to trick other groups. If they wanted to scope out the hilltop they could just watch it with binoculars and get a sense of how big and armed the community was.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Reina

Reina Active Member

Obviously this community doesn't need anything since they just requested records and gave much more than that (including their own trust), but records is an odd request. Sure, Georgie loves records but, even in a world without the dead walking, records may be hard to find. I wondered if she knew they had a supply of records. Recruiting must work the same within the ZA, too. Aaron pretty much did the same thing with the water.

8. Reina

Reina Active Member

There really wasn't any reason not to try and trust them. They had something valuable and weren't asking for anything really in return. It's not like they blew through there demanding half of their stuff.

Their guard is already up with the Saviors, so you take a chance and deal with it later if it sours. If they didn't trust Aaron where would they be now?

It's just a different world now. The strong, smart and weird seem to be the ones who survive. You adapt. They probably wouldn't make the same decisions if they were still living in the world before the breakout. That was all about reinforcing what Carl believed and wanted them to live for now.

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I bet Carls letter to Maggie said "Whatever goes down here,do not give away the records,Vinyl is coming back!".

Just a hunch.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Reina

Reina Active Member

Well, you may be right lol. The world will have to revert back to the more simplified days for a while. 8 tracks would be cool for me! I didn't get to experience those in all their glory.

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think someone might have misrepresented them to you then.
    8-Track Tapes sucked big time!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Reina

Reina Active Member

My mom and dad have one that is built in the wall and connected to speakers. Back then it was fancy lol. I always thought they were cool as a kid. Chunky little pieces of music. I had Alvin and the Chipmunks I'd jam out to when they were at work even though I was forbidden to do so.

#12 Reina, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

LOL! Yeah, you didn't miss ANYTHING! :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I also missed out on 8 tracks...I don't even remember my parents having them. I did have my very own personal record player (turntable, whatever you wanna call it) and I had a Care Bear record, a couple Disney ones, and Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas record. I really rocked out to those.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

My first car had an 8 track player, but I never owned any 8 tracks, as they were already obsolete by then. I bought a cassette tape converter for the 8 track slot, and played cassettes. I remember my parents owned 8 tracks, and I would see them stacked away in various places in our house, but I very rarely ever saw them being used. My mom had a gigantic turntable record player the size of a dishwasher that I remember her playing sometimes at night, and I played some Bill Cosby comedy sketch records on it lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Reina

Reina Active Member

My parents had me kinda late in life so 8 tracks were a thing of the past then too, but I always thought they were so cool. Especially since I was told not to touch it haha.
    I had a record player too! It was orange I think. I remember playing all the Strawberry Shortcake stories on it. That, and one that was kinda scary (for a child). I want to think it was The Rescuers. It had mice in it anyway. I think the cover was red with a silhouette of a mouse. Lol! The things you remember from your childhood.

17. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I think 8 tracks are the only thing we missed out on around here. It's like living among the archives. Not only do I have my own collection of vinyl (33s and 45s) at my house but my mother still has hers which include some 78s as well. She also still has that big ass maple stereo console. Some years back I purchased a system that would allow me to play my records, cassettes and CDs as the stereo I had in college had long bitten the dust. What I discovered was that it didn't have that arm that would allow you stack multiple LPs which would drop down one at a time so you could listen for hours without having to get up and change them. Let's hope that Georgie has salvaged a system with an arm so she can really enjoy her haul.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Al Davis is back

On the brewing war with the Saviors, I would trust no one until that conflict was over. Trojan horse type thing. What if the food was poisoned and intended to weaken the group? Part of a ploy by Negan. I'm a little bit more trusting if I'm not about to fight to the death with the Saviors.

Missed the 8 track era.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Reina

Reina Active Member

Negan doesn't play that way. He's much more forward and hands on. Besides, the Kingdom folks tried that with the pigs being fed with walkers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Me think you'd survive a lot longer than most of our friends here. :)

• Like Like x 1