Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Stranger Things (Netflix Original)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by PepperAnn, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

There is a little button on the PS3 - it sais "Power". You have to press that.

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Smartass. LOL

I think I figured out what my problem is. Wifi has changed because of the move. DERP.

3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Have you watched 3%? Because I have and it's a pretty good series.... until you watch it. Lol

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LOL get off my back! :p

That's the name of an actual show?

5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yeppidy do dah.

6. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

“Get Off my Back”
    Could be a good show name.
    It might be an Asian game show where contestants have to run blindfold around a track carrying a large pig. The winner gets the piggy of their back. The losers go again with a capuchin monkey added, the loser end up with a medium sized heavy petting zoo on their backs. Bet it would get more viewers than The Walking Dead.
    Other idea world be an animated show starring Dora’s back pack but it’s been strapped to a back of a zombie, the zombie has gone mad with the constant “ back pack , back pack , back pack “ in its head, but at least it won’t get lost cause it’s got the map !! The orange back pack can make a guest appearance.

This is my Walking Dead Forum post for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using ........ ?
    A, index finger.
    B, middle finger.
    C, pen thing with rubber doodat.
    D, something rude and incidentally quite large so making it rather difficult.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm surprised this thread hasn't had a post in almost 2 years, seeing as how popular the show is. Anyway, I I thought the first 2 seasons were good. I never considered this a "great" show, like I do many others, but a good show. I just can't scrap up interest in watching S3 for some reason. I've had it cued up in Netflix a couple of times in a last couple days, and then just changed my mind and watched something else. I think similar genre shows like The OA and Dark and Twin Peaks, which are far superior in complexity, writing style, and concept, are poisoning Stranger Things for me. ;/.

8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Season 3 was very good. The overall plot wasn't AS GOOD as the prior seasons, but the dialog and various interactions with certain characters, was even better. The moments between Dustin and Steve were epic.

This season definitely put as much into the development and interactions of the main characters, than it did with the "looming threat".

If I were to give the first 2 seasons a solid A grade, then I'd give this one an A minus, which is actually great considering that we recently had a A grade series (Game of Thones) deliver a C minus final season. lol

I'd like to see them do at least 2 more seasons, but they're going to need to switch gears and explain why these things are happening, and find a way to stop/prevent it from ever happening again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I finally spent the weekend binge watching S3. I'm glad I did. It was good. Sometimes the comedy went a bit over the top, but it was a good experience.

So, when Hopper and Joyce and the Russian guy were at Murray's house, Hopper states Murray's phone number in dialogue, complete with area code. In modern TV, when you hear a phone number or see it written out, complete with area code, and the area code is not 555...there is a fair chance that you can pick up your phone and call that number and get a little bonus treat.

So, Murray's phone number as stated by Hopper is 618 625 8313.

Go ahead, call it. You'll get a little bonus treat.

#49 Neuropyramidal, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Side effect of being made/distributed to binge. Once that first weekend or two is over, there's nothing new to discuss!

But damn, did I have fun having a binge on season 3 of Stranger Things! To be completely honest, I wasn't too into the last season and have a bit of trouble recalling it. But this new season was just pure fun. It's kind of like an antidote to all of the complex series that you listed. While they're all great in their own right, sometimes this change of pace to a series that is engaging but doesn't try to challenge you too much is perfect.

Also Steve is perfect and that Neverending Story scene is better than the entirety of Game of Thrones' final season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Thanks! Could have been funnier, but still pretty cool.

Pretty good season, even if I prefered the first two. Too much on the caricatural side this time.

12. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

About a year or so ago (it might have been two years by now) I watched the first five episodes of season 1 and though I thought they were pretty good I stopped watching. I tend to do that with a lot of Netflix shows and its probably just due to the fact that there is so much on there.

However over the past several days I binged the entire three seasons the show has had thus far and I have to tell you it is one of the more entertaining shows going on right now. It definitely doesn't have a plot that should be taken that seriously and it's best not to spend much time piecing things together so that it makes sense (you should take this show about as seriously as you took the Goonies movie). The thing that really sells this show though are the characters and the '80's charm that it has. The showrunners have done wonders with the young cast of characters and without a doubt by season 3 you are fully on board with the relationships these teenagers have built with one another. The way they handle the music to play along with the comedy parts is nearly perfect. You will come across some eye rolling moments occasionally but overall the show does a great job of being funny when it needs to be, being scary when it needs to be, and being dramatic when it needs to be.

Also props to Netflix and the creators of the series in that even though they have one of the biggest shows on tv right now they are ending it before it wears out its welcome. Looks like season 4 is being planned as the final season. In one of the articles I read about the potential for future seasons they used Walking Dead as an example of what they are not going to do.

• Like Like x 2