Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Strangers [502] Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 16, 2014.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Perhaps Maggie has accepted the reality that they won't see Beth again until season 6 when she is revealed to be the leader of the Saviors.

2. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

This seems the most likely scenario.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

You mean like….

[​IMG]

But with Beth instead of Glenn

4. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

But for Daryl and Carol to chase after the Beth car means abandoning their group without any warning. Remember: no cellphones anymore. This is probably what leads the group to think three of their people have been abducted, when it's really just Bob. Tasty Bob. Just when everything started going right Bob (except for that underwater walker scratch/bite).

5. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Yessssss oh why yes. That's what we all want in the end don't we now?

6. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Idunno what would you do in that situation though? If they go and tell Ricks group they are chasing a car that took her, the car will be who the hell knows where when they get on the road and they'll be chasing a ghost. There's really no point in telling the group if you really want to catch the car, specially when you got a car right next to you to catch up to it in a jiffy. It was a kneejerk reaction type of thang.

7. BatmansHooker

Daryl and Carol kind of had to just get in the car and go. Who knows if there would have been another chance, y'know? It's definitely not ideal, but that might have been the only opportunity they'd have had to rescue Beth.

8. cysez

cysez New Member

Amen. Couldn't have said it better.

Also my complaint is how sloppy they let they guard down. Bob going out into the night alone?!? Hello?? They are way too relaxed considering the circumstances. Their best call right now would be to fix that bus ASAP and get away of the Terminus crew really fast. Or: Realize what a massively stupid mistake the made not going back to Terminus and starting to hunt them now.

9. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

#189 ltomlinson31, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  10. WalkerWillie

WalkerWillie New Member

I find it odd that nobody seems to concerned about where Beth is. If Maggie went about looking for her with the same passion she had looking for Glen in season 4 then they probably would have found her by now. She may have thought she might would have been at Terminus but after now signs of her you would think she would be a little more concerned.

The other thing I think as odd is how nobody really questions Abe and Eugene about all this business in D.C.. I would be a little leary of going into another major urban (like Atlanta) area where you know there will be thousands of walkers and probably bad people.

11. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

The only difference is that Maggie knew (or thought) Glenn was on the bus and she knew which direction the bus went, so at least there was clue as to where to find him. Beth's whereabouts are a complete mystery and would be a wild (and risky) goose chase.

12. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

They were in a boxcar gettIng ready to be eaten. The interaction couldn't really have been any deeper than that since they were in a bad situation.

13. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

when they cut to Daryl during Abe's speech he was saying to save the world for all the survivors still out there, then we see Daryl looking sad, not happy, so pretty sure that was supposed to be Daryl thinking of Beth, a survivor still out there. I think they just keep giving us Daryl thinking about Beth. Like in the episodes from last season after she was taken, remember poor ole Lenny and when Daryl decided not to cover him up, and of course his 'she's just gone' to Rick. But I did notice that after seeing everyone in the box car she has been elevated to a confident 'she's alive' from Daryl. I think seeing everyone else alive let him have faith.

14. BatmansHooker

It probably could have though. Definitely not an in-depth conversation about all of their options, but adding a "So what can we do?" from Maggie and an "I don't know" from Daryl would have been pretty simple. Just a simple line to give a bit more depth and credibility to both of them.

I don't want to seem like I'm whining too much, because normally I don't have an issue with things like this. I didn't mind last season when Maggie didn't mention Beth, because finding Glenn was her main priority - she knew he'd at least made it off the bus and had no clue where Beth was, but now that they're back together, all re-grouped and out of Terminus it's getting harder to ignore such a simple flaw that could be rectified with about 3 seconds of dialogue. lol:zombies_rolleyes:

15. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

yea i see what you're saying but i think if those lines were to be said they should've been said while the discussion of going to dc was happening. in the boxcar it was just too much else going on to really worry about it because she wasn't even sure if they were going to make it out alive. But i think during the dc discussion maybe she could've mentioned having to leave beth behind

16. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Eugene in particular is such an obvious fraud, sketchy and protective about details, it's amazing that anyone believes him, particularly Rick.

17. ShadowMaker

ShadowMaker New Member

Butcher guy was dead, Bob is still alive. You don't turn into a zombie until after you die - assuming Bob has been bitten, which I think it fair to say, then he needs to die first. Which is a few days if he does of the infection.

18. offrope

offrope Active Member

Realistically, what do you want them to do? There wasn't a single clue about where to start looking, who may have taken her, or what her fate was. Aside from expressing concern, the group is completely helpless regarding finding Beth. I agree that it's getting stupid that no one seems to care, but until the cross car went by, there was absolutely nothing that could be done.

19. mushy_anthony

mushy_anthony New Member

Hi, first post. Long time fan of the comics and of course the show. But, back on topic here, is anyone else tired of Abe's ever-present floppy nipples??

20. tsahi

tsahi Member

Asians are almost white, except for the Slanted eyes :zombies_lol: