Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Strangers [502] Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 16, 2014.

1. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Good point, it definitely would have made more sense in the church.

2. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I think for me personally the lack of care over Beth makes me not care about her either. A few lines of concern but admitting searching for her now would be futile and then a final shot of her for 5 secs strapped to a hospital bed would have really wetted the appetite about her and her future storyline.

To me right now unless her storyline turns out to be amazing it will feel like wasted airtime.

3. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I was surprised they had the "party" in the church without appearing to have anyone keeping watch so then did not notice Bob/Carol/Darryl leaving...
    But, as explained by others, the reason Bob was so reckless was because he went outside to shoot himself - knowing he had been bitten/scratched.
    I think the group, having escaped Terminus and reunited amazingly were just glad to be alive - as well as being physically weak from their ordeals. Why would you go back into a place overrun with walkers that you escaped by the skin of your teeth to attempt (not guaranteed by any means) to finish off the Terminans?? You would also imagine that for the remaining Terminans their top priority would be their own survival (like at Woodbury) - not to chase Rick's clearly dangerous group! However, when the dust settled...how long after the battle of Terminus is the end of "Strangers"?

4. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I don't agree with that - sometimes the biggest gaps lead to the best stories...
    Think of the Governor coming back and Morgan in Clear (and hopefully to appear again soon!).
    However, I do think that the group would naturally discuss Beth more than they appear to - since she is the only "missing" main member of the prison group...

5. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I think at this point we are only gonna care because

6. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

The car that pulled off with Beth from my memory at a glimpse looked like a a Black Cadillac Brougham or maybe even an old Lincoln (and this is from a glimpse as I'd imagine Daryl got a longer look from between the camera switching to show the car then Daryl chasing the car in that particular scene) so from there the clues are "We were in an old funeral home not too far from here, it was an old lookin' granddaddy caddy with a cross painted in the back window, there's probably not too many tire tracks in that area...maybe lots of walker tracks though... Hey we were just outside and saw what looked like a Dodge Magnum w/ the same cross painted in the window as that Cadillac so whoever has Beth must not be too far from here..."

Daryl is a tracker, between him, Rick, Glenn, etc I'm sure they could pretty much come up w/ a plan.

Doesn't sound completely helpless at all to me.

#206 WillyJakkz, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  7. offrope

offrope Active Member

From the funeral home, he already tracked it to an intersection, and the trail went cold. That's where he ran into Joe's group. Which of the 3 directions should he have followed? Like I said, the first clue they had was the cross car that went by. Daryl and Carol are pursuing it. Since the funeral home is quite a ways from where they currently are, and a cross car was seen in both places, obviously the cross cops are very mobile. It would have been stupid for Daryl to pass up this opportunity to immediately follow. To have gone back to the church would have meant losing the only lead they had.

#207 offrope, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  8. Darylette

Darylette Member

Not to mention the water based diseases. Cholera would spread. We've also lost our natural medicine skills so we wouldn't even be able to do basic poultices and plant based treatments.

9. Dreamer14

Dreamer14 Member

I only had a couple small complaints, but nothing really stands out as horrible or anything.

10. Lt. Col. Cookie

FREAKING TYREESE! Should've killed Martin when he had the chance. Whateves now I guess.

11. The_Not_So_Dead

IKR! And these diseases are only the tip of the iceberg! Don't forget STD's; some are harmless, but something like syphilis will eventually kill you (and drive you crazy).
    I work in a medical library and we have a few volumes about infectious diseases that are about a 1000 pages. Never felt the urge to page through the books; I'll probably want to wear a Hazmat suit inside and outside ;)

Maybe it's me being a librarian, but if I were Rick & Co. I would indeed go look for books about, I don't know, herbs or medicinal plants. Maybe some basic first aid ones or how to tape sprains etc; or books on survival in the wild. The downside is: extra luggage to carry, but if it's a bound volume you can use it as a weapon (it'll be useless after covered in zombie slush) ;)

12. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I keep saying this too. A book - or even just leaflets like you see at Botanical Gardens - on local area plants and their uses would be great!

You can eat a lot of weeds without issue. Like Dandelions, clovers, even cattail/bulrush roots, various thistles and nettles, and other random looking weeds and succulents... Of course the danger is knowing what is OK, and what could kill you, but the basics like dandelions and clovers should be ok. I mean it would taste gross, but throwing it in with your water would help give you extra nutrients... Also, mushrooms, and other wild berries, nuts and fruits. Even grasses.

I keep waiting for them to come across a naturopath or some random Hippie commune all self sustaining and living off the land to share some knowledge with them about to really survive... Hey Maybe Bear Grylls should just turn up, and tell them to drink their own wee?

13. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Eat/Smoke lots of weed and eat mushrooms, sounds like a plan. lol :p

Hippie commune sounds like the next episode of z-nation. j/k :)

14. Darylette

Darylette Member

Ive always thought that!! They would benefit so much from books on gardening, survival guides, what plants are good to eat, home remedies for illness, hunting and so on. I really don't know why they've never raided a library.

15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Books are an very useful idea. With the collapse of the electricity, Suddenly books become the most valueable assets of experience and learning again! After human beings.

Also, Imagine Rick writing his biography after the apocalypse. That be a best seller! :)

16. Jato

Jato Member

I like this line of thinking with books. It'd be cool if in post-apocalypse, instead of money people trade books and information. There's probably still enough paper around that people could probably copy out information that they can 'sell'.
    Well, this idea would have to be way in the future though when survivor communities can interact without deciding to destroy or eat each other Haha.

I'm surprised we haven't seen anyone recording everything down or keep a journal. It's no longer top priority but someone's gotta teach Judith to read and write. Who knows how valuable that information is for future generations.

17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The closest thing we been to a journal or record holder ,was Beth and her diary!

18. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

There was also Milton, he recorded everything.

19. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Oh yeah he wanted to write that history book of Woodbury.

20. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Yup they need to track down a local library. Now Hershel has gone they need to learn basic medical skills and maintain their knowledge of history and sciences. What if someone gets pregnant again? I reckon there is a library in the town where the food bank is and a small one in the elementary school near Gabriel's church, time to get reading. And find a small tape recorder run by batteries to record their experiences for the following generations.