Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Strangers" [502] Live Reaction Thread!!

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 16, 2014.

1. AAA

AAA Member

Maybe she was jealous.

2. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 New Member

I'll just get this out of the way first, this Matt Jones guy is annoying as hell - why did they even have him on The Talking Dead? He *still* wasn't certain the Terminus people were cannibals?! Did he even watch the season premiere? Does Gareth need to look at the camera and address him personally and say "Yes, Matt, we're cannibals"?

I think the tainted meat theory with Bob is the more plausible reason he was outside crying - they can't keep showing him sobbing every time he sees some booze, it would get silly after a while.

So now, in addition to her Rambo sniper skills, Carol knows how to repair cars too? I almost started laughing when she freaked out on Daryl for knocking out the tail lights, as if he was destroying her new toy or something. Carol needs to quit creeping off and doing her own thing, and stick with the group more though. She may have saved the group, but she's still gonna have to earn back some trust with the rest of the crew once they find out all of what went down - and going back to her old ways isn't going to help things.

I took the whole missing sword thing with Michonne as a "live by the sword, die by the sword" reference, and a sign that she has moved on from her past.

3. Bethyl

Bethyl Member

More than likely, Gareth and the other hunters won't join the group. Most of Gareth's lines were actually from this little speech he gave Bob, and Rick in the trailer, when saying "I don't trust this guy" said that to Carl about Father Gabriel. Finally, if you rewatch the trailer, you'll notice there are no clips of Gareth with the group, so it's likely that it is just how the trailer was edited to make it look like Gareth joins them.

4. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Ha. Tyreese isn't nearly as responsible for their danger as the entire group is. Tyreese at least tired to, and thought he killed Martin. Whereas the entire group decided against Rick's suggestion to go back and finish Gareth and his goons. So, they only have themselves to blame; not Ty.

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I think Tyreese knew he didn't kill that guy - otherwise why did he prevent Carol from going into the cabin, and why was he shouting 'I Won't" the whole time he was hitting him?

Also, OhioTom76, Carol was leaving, she wasn't just doing her own thing. She didn't know Darryl was following her.

6. The Butcher

The Butcher New Member

Tyrese was probably lying on Talking Dead about thinking he killed Martin. When they later asked him why he was saying "I won't" he sorta clammed up and mentioned how tough the questions are. So there's still more to come with all of that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyrese be the one to eventually finish the job, though...

Also with Carol..I'm not convinced she's upset about the girls and I'm more than convinced she isn't upset about the two from the jail. I think (or maybe hope) she did or saw something once Rick sent her off, before she linked up with Tyrese and the girls.

#306 The Butcher, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  7. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed this episode. I loved watching the continuing closeness develop between Daryl and Carol, the little moment between Rick and Carl (not to mention how much more Rick seems to have bonded with Judith), and of course the reappearance of Gareth and the "BobBQ". I knew he got bit and was hiding it because of how funny he'd been acting. But I won't refer to him as being officially dead cause you never know. Something could happen to save him and since his infected leg was cut off he'd just live as a one legged Bob. And also maybe the infected leg won't effect Gareth and his group. After all they did remember to cook the meat first. :D

8. lolhahaha

lolhahaha New Member

What if they cut off his other leg and both arms and throw him into a lake?

That would be the most fitting BOB joke.

9. Cody V

Cody V Member

Judging by the ending of last nights episode/what has been deduced as far as character deaths this season....I'm thinking Sasha is going to take the "Maggie Attempted Suicide" Scene from the comics sometime in the back half of the season. It will be very interesting to see how that plays out, but Episode 2 was derived from the comics flawlessly!

10. BluBird

BluBird New Member

This isn't going to go over well for Tyreese because we know how Carol doesn't give a **** anymore, if Carol finds out Tyreese let Judith's attempted murderer live, I think Carol might kill Tyreese...

I mean look what she did to Lizzie after she killed Mika, and she burned two bodies of people that were sick.

11. steely

steely Well-Known Member

I didn't catch the part where they refused to go back in and kill them all. Which was a huge mistake. But I still believe Tyreese is a **** up who needs to either be born again hard or killed off in a most gruesome manner.

Eta: and wtf? ABraham doesn't think eliminating a huge threat is a good idea?

#311 steely, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  12. offrope

offrope Active Member

It kind of doesn't matter if eating "tainted meat" would have any effect or not. What matters is that the Termites believe it might, and are therefore freaked out by it. Only Rick's group knows what was said at the CDC.

13. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was during the moment when Rick was digging up the gun bag. Abraham says to Rick-"Hey, what the hell are we doing still d*ckin' around out here? We need to move"-Rick responds-"We're here for guns" as he begin to unearth the buried arsenal. He then continues-"It's not over until they're all dead. They don't get to live. We'll start head for the fences, use the rifles and take the majority of them out at a distance. Then finish the rest" Abraham looks at Rick with a "hell-no" look and says-"We just got out; there's no way in hell we're going back in". The rest of the group nods, and murmurs remarks in agreement with Abraham. Maggie then says-"The place is on fire; the fences were down and the place is overrun. They're either run or die. Either way they're not our problem anymore". Rick stands up and realizes the group isn't going to budge on finish the Termites, they're clearly shaken, and not in the same mindset, nor made of the same stuff as Rick. So he concedes, arms the group from the gun bag; and that's when Carol sneaks up on them.

But yeah; huge mistake not taking up arms and following Rick back in to finish the job. I'd be willing to bet, had Rick just strapped up and took off back for Terminus; at least a few would have followed.

14. steely

steely Well-Known Member

Yeah. That is a huge mistake. They should have killed them all.

15. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

It sucks that Bob, who I believe is the only person who we've heard agree that Rick was right on going back, is the one captured by the Terminites and is eaten by them.

16. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Idk. I don't think he was saying he agreed that they should've gone back and killed them-- just that they deserved to "not get to live."

rewatching that scene, I'm not so sure "all" of the group disagreed with Rick. Carl and Daryl for sure seemed like they were standing with him ready to grab their guns and get back into the fight.

17. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

Hello

Hi, everyone!
    I'm new here, but I've enjoyed reading all your posts. Can't wait for more.

18. TylerWieland

TylerWieland Member

I dont understand the point of these threads, just use chat...

19. Maria

Maria New Member

I'm interested to know why consuming infected flesh wouldn't transmit the virus? It makes sense to me that it would be transferable that way. I don't have a great knowledge about this but it sounds plausible. I was also wondering if maybe eating the infected flesh could be curative. Does anyone else think that's possible? I'm always hearing about vaccines and antibodies where the virus itself can help heal the virus. It would certainly explain a situation where the terminus people eat infected flesh but don't die. They must not have been feasting on the infected limb in the episode we saw. I'm also assuming Bob was infected at all but it seems likely. So they would probably notice the wound before eating his flesh.

20. Walkabout

Walkabout New Member

You'd think that after their experience with the Governor, they would have gone back and finish the kill. But then again, they were all ecstatic because it was the first time in a long while that the entire group we reunited again, and hence drowning under the ecstasy of reunion.

But then again, this is entertainment, another reason to drag it on a little so fellas like me get glued onto another week..