Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Suddenly Jadis speaks English?

Discussion in 'Episode 810 - The Lost and the Plunderers' started by offrope, Mar 5, 2018.

1. offrope

offrope Active Member

Jadis talks to Simon in her usual pigeon English, then the same to Rick and Michonne (at first). Then, from the top of the trash heap speaks to Rick in fluent English, with complete sentences and everything. What's up with that?

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Perhaps there are no followers to impress any more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Boggles the mind doesn't it?
    She explained exactly why just as she started doing it.
    Her new reality created from the trash was gone along with its ridiculous language.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I think it was similar to Ezekiel when he was devastated and gave up his speech too. Although he's back at it now. Lol

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Reina

Reina Active Member

Lache pas la patate.

Jadis is alone and vulnerable now. It's no surprise she let down the walls that she felt protected her. She will fight her way back, but I bet her lack of forming proper sentences is a thing of the past.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I think it was a society thing the group had. Most were probably outcasts in the world before and now felt they could create their own world and that way of speaking was just something they took on after being away from ppl for so long

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Québécoise? :-D

8. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

The sparse language was simple and only the necessary words...so I guess people were all speaking the same thing and all understood every single thing, like one entity/one tribe/one thought process. With them gone, she is back to being herself and speaking the way she would if she was a stand alone subject. Or it could have made her have a breakdown and she doesn't realise she is doing it? The fact she spoke about her past was awesome tho!

9. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Screw the garbage patch kids.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Communal word quota. With each death, the number of words allowed per person increases.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I thought all along, while with the trash folks, they had to "trash talk" amongst the group. Now the group is gone she reverted back to her normal self. If Rick had spoken to them in that tongue while rallying the groups against Negan, there would not have been a betrayal in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Jadis remorse now

13. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Walker hamburger

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

i have to admit i laughed when she tried to get rick and michonne to help ber.nah, you burnt that bridge bitch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Jadis has been living in her fantasy world. Now the dream is over and she is reverted back to normal, speaking in English?

But, why would she want to use the grinder? Those are not stranger zombies but her friends/family! It is not a proper way to put an end to your loved ones. Cannot imagine if Rick wants to turn Carl into a hamburger. Maggie gives Glenn a grinding treatment? Maybe Jadis' mind is still as screwed up as before?

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

True, most people wouldn't use this method when a single loved one died. There was no reason to grind Carl or Glenn, since they weren't part of a zombie mass. But Jadis was facing the mass death of almost 100 of her people. There is really no easy way for one single person to respectably put down several dozen. So, she had the grinder at her disposal, and she wanted to survive, and also wanted to end her 'family's torment as being walkers....

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. PepperAnn

I rewatched the episode last night, and apparently I wasn't paying attention to what she said to Rick and Michonne because I was so surprised she was speaking normally. Lol

She made the comment that she used to go to that dump to look for things to use as a canvas, and after the world changed, she realized the whole place was a canvas and they were the paint. And that they could create something different, something new. And they did.

We finally got an explanation. They were just being artsy fartsy. Lol

18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I first considered them being people who bound together over their mental issues and things like maybe autism.

But she was clearly just a very weird artist and created a world they could cope with (is it cope?) to survive. As mentioned, just like the King did. Maybe she herself was traumatized and this second trauma just took her back to reality?

What I wonder is why she was in a night gown...did...Simon rape her or something?

19. PepperAnn

I saw that more like symbolism of her being stripped to her core.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Agreed and if it had been on HBO & not AMC she would have been laying there naked against the backdrop of the fabricated world she was losing!

Thank God for once this is AMC!

• Funny Funny x 3