Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[Suggestion] Car Locks and Lock Picks/Key Molds/Keys

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Zer0 H1Z1, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Zer0 H1Z1

Zer0 H1Z1 Member

Idea Explanation:

So let's say you obtained a vehicle and have had it for a few H1Z1 days now. It's time you have to log out, so you park it in a location you think no one will go to. When you log back in, it's gone and just to make matters worse a land mine is right next to your spawn! So here's my idea for a new way of survival and competitive thinking in a PvP AND PvE server;

• Car Locks:
      So, to the right of the motor seems like a spot an extra car part could be placed. Why not Car Locks? Have the car (any vehicle) not spawn with the locks. You have to find them in certain shops, maybe the industrial area or in the dressers on trailers (because we know in zombie survival games, items aren't always where you'd think they would be). But even if you have the Car Lock, you still can't lock your doors from the outside without the Key Mold and Key.
    • Key Molds:
      The Key Mold is an item you'd need to shape a Key so you could open a car door that is locked or to use the key to lock a door. To Craft the Key Mold, I was thinking (which means I'm open to suggestions)
      Recipe 1 [ 1x Metal Sheet + 4x Scrap Metal + 1 Wood Plank]
      Recipe 2 [ 1x Pipe + 8x Scrap Metal] *Requires Furnace
      Recipe 3 [1x Piple + 2x Metal Sheets] *Requires Furnace
    • Keys:
      Now Keys, here's the part you really came here for. A Key would allow you to open the car lock without an access code. That is because when a key is first crafted, you have to set that key as an access code for the Key and the Car Lock you use for the Key (in other words, this key is a tangible access code you can keep on you). The Key only works on Car Locks and not gates, doors, etc. You can make copies of your Key by adding 2x Scrap Metal to the crafting process. When you make a copy, the Key Copy already has the preset access code of the original. Now, my thoughts on the crafting (feel free to tell me your own ideas, love to hear 'em)
      **Every Key will have to be combined with the desired Car Lock and Key Mold inside of the furnace**
      Recipe 1 [2x Scrap Metal + 4x Metal Shards] *Requires Furnace
      Recipe 2 [2x Scrap Metal + 1x Nail + 2 Metal Shards] *Requires Furnace
    • Lock Picks:
      Lock Picks, what the bandits of H1Z1 only care for in this post. Lock Picks are simple (I say as I'm typing, it might get complicated later on...), you walk up to a car door and if it is locked, start typing away with your picks. The way it would work is you see the use "[E] To Enter Vehicle" and when you attempt to open it you'll see the message pop up "Car Door is Locked" But if you have a Lock Pick you'd see this in the beginning. "[E] To Enter Vehicle Hold [E] To Unlock Door" When you hold [E] to starting picking (locks), the access code prompt will be up. You'll have to guess the code. Every fail is a broken Lock Pick, but it doesn't kick you out of the access code prompt until you are out of picks. Each time you craft the Lock Picks you'll receive 5x Lock Picks. Just to prevent players from craft spamming these, here's my idea for the recipe (add your ideas too!)
      Recipe 1 [1x Nails + 1x Metal Shard + 1x Spool of Twine]
      Recipe 2 [4x Nails + 1x Metal Sheet] *Change from 5x Picks to 10x Picks
      Recipe 3 [5x Nails + 10x Scraps of Cloth + 1x Spool of Twine]

Thank you guys for reading! I really do appreciate it! If you didn't read, get bitten :mad:

Question the come to mind:

1. Why not have Locks and Keys for all objects that require access codes? I had the same thought at first but then I thought about abusing that system. What if players who just started only made Lock Picks and started picking their way into other communities' bases and took their items?
    2. Are you afraid that players will find a glitch and exploit it? I'm well aware that there could be a few bugs with a feature like that but SOE has been doing great on stomping out the glitchers. And I'm sure every major feature that'll be added to this game will have bugs and abusers of the bugs.
    3. Your avatar is Spider-Man; that's awesome! Well first of all, it's not awesome. My avatar is... AMAZING and will probably be that way until 2099!! (Most won't get this joke, *sigh*) but good question.
    4. What made you want to suggest this? Well you see, I'm extremely uncomfortable with logging out when I have a vehicle. I have to drive for miles off road hoping that no one is out there, my vehicle doesn't flip over coming in and out and that no one finds it. That's on top of the always present dangers of H1Z1 servers.

FAQs: (Will post here as you guys ask question or give ideas)

2. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Guest

Part of the challenge in the game is realizing that very few things have permanence or security. As a player you have to remain vigilant and aware. The most important thing is you have to be "present" for contiguous interaction with the environment. When a player leaves their connection, awareness and vigilance is no longer viable.

We already have an issue with car hording and stashing, giving players an additional element of security only trivializes the mechanics of the game, currently.