Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[Suggestion!] Chatroom

Discussion in 'Survivor Help' started by ShaneFan, Dec 29, 2016.

1. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Hello TWD Family...I'm wondering if the creators of this site would ever make a chatroom. Not the one below, but once where you enter, and on the right side, you see who's in the chatroom -- so you can talk in real time with TWD fans. It would be a really fun way to do "Live Reaction" when the show is on the air. So how about it? Can you please create us a chatroom for us? Many thank you's!

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That's a good idea - i know if you click on "biter grams" at the top it takes you to an actual chat window, but it still doesn't tell you who is in there. It's the same chat that is at the bottom of the forum, just in its own screen i guess.

3. ShaneFan

Thanks, Jen. I clicked on the "biter grams" and saw the actual chat window. It was nice, but seemed incomplete since it didn't say who was in there. On another site I'm on, they have a section of who is in the chat room, and a separate chat room. It'd be great if we had something like that on here.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ask and ye shall receive. :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Personally I am not a fan of the idea to do live episode reactions in a chat room setting.

Using the chat room for the live reaction thread isolates other forum members from using the chat room. Those members not watching live would basically have the chat room off limits to them for fear of spoilers.

Just a thought

#5 Dnae, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Excellent point.

The chatroom is also "temporary". Older posts disappear into the ether.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Not to mention that the live reaction thread receives new posts well into the next day (sometimes beyond). Not only from those who watched live and posted but also from those who are watching the episode for the first time.

Myself, if @Neuropyramidal plans on continuing to post a live reaction thread that is where I will be posting on Sunday nights. I might be by myself though LOL

• Like Like x 1
  8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Oh, the live reaction thread will be long lived. It will even outlive the show, so everyone will just sit in there counting their armpit hairs.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  9. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

That happens to me quite often. I usually catch the second showing on Sunday night, Pacific time, 5 hours after the initial airing. So by the time I get to the Live Chat thread it is pretty much dead.

10. ShaneFan

@PepperAnn -- yes, indeed! So happy we actually have a chatroom now!

@Dnae and @westwingnut -- I don't want the live chat to replace @Neuropyramidal's Live Reaction threads. I love those threads and they're fun to post in. We can still have the best of both worlds! Live Reaction thread and Chat! The good thing is chat is where we can talk live to each other--I will still be posting no matter what! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have seen several people who have suggested using the live chat as the place to do live reaction. My post was pointed at no one in particular, was just me stating my view on why I thought that would be a bad idea.

I like the live chat, I spend time there. Just do not think it is i the place for a live reaction to an episode

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ShaneFan

Ohhh okay. I understand what you're saying now. My bad! It can be a bad idea especially due to us all living in different time zones.

I was just in live chat, but I don't think it works for me. :(

13. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

I'm not very chatty.

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight.

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I agree that we need a static place for live reaction. So much shit is all going on at the same time during the show anyway, a lot of times I have to scroll back to see what I missed and if we are feverishly talking, it goes away.

Also, @Dnae..... VERY good point about spoilers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I really wanted to thank you BUT among all the choices "thank you" is not one. So my like is actually a thank you, although I do also like your post ;)

• Like Like x 1