Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Suicide Family

Discussion in 'Episode 202 - We All Fall Down' started by br0k3n, Apr 18, 2016.

1. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

At the end was it just the older brother and younger brother?

What happened to dad after little girl turned her mother?

Tragic scene at the end having the boy turn around to wave at the boat, while putting down mom.

But if she's out there as a walker - does that mean she got the dad also?

2. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Was wondering that too....maybe the dad opted out.. I don't think we'll ever know. But either way, it was a very good scene.

3. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Was hoping the older brother would have a "Luke Skywalker moment", and realize that there was nothing left for them there (in a New Hope after Luke's adoptive aunt/uncle are murdered he decides to leave with Obi Wan).

Really did like the family they found and hoped at least some of them would make it off - especially at the end. Even Strand couldn't successfully demand the little boy off his boat. That is going to be a bleak existence for those 2 boys now without sis, mom & dad.

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Funny how mom made it down the stairs and out to the pier, that fast.

5. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I think the whole point of that family ("The Geary's") I believe, was to show how different people and familys are dealing with the ZA... Just like TWD, FTWD is showing that there will not be any happy endings for anybody... That whole family showed the tragedy of the ZA..

#5 mtito914, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think the Dad sat down and waited for his Wife and Daughter to chow down on him,he said something like he wasn't going to put them down when Madison said he didn't have to implying that she would do it for him.

It is hard to tell for sure though too?

This is about the 5th time in FTWD that I know we are supposed to understand some bizarre plot twist but I have yet to comprehend any of them with certainty?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i think the older brother could have been a solid member of our group had he decided to come. the only problem was that he was a little too set in his ways (like his father) and wasn't ready to leave his home behind. this is why the mother wanted the two little ones to get out while they could. im assuming that the father either killed himself or was overcome by the zombie mom or else we wouldn't have seen her on the pier. speaking of which, she made some pretty good time from that upstairs bedroom down to the pier as a zombie.

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think they might be faster when they are Fresh?

9. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I think that we can just come to out own conclusions on what went down with the father, daughter and how the mother got out of the house... The point is...that it does not do anything to move the story along.. The family was destroyed and FTWD just wanted to set the tone that everything in the ZA and for these people will be very dark.

#9 mtito914, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yes. I think, the last scene (ie when the older brother shot at his mother) is meant to 'heal' Chris' wound that his dad shot at his mom. The whole episode seems to make a big fuss of this point and this final scene just brings closure to this topic.

One obvious thing is: this ranger family is living alright prior to Travis' group arrival. And now it is all messed up. This is a common drama development in FTWD and TWD. A group is doing ok and then Rick/Travis' group arrives and death/chaos begins as well.

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

I hated seeing them leave the poor kid behind. Who would want that for their family? The older brother/father are crackers.

12. IThinkHesGay

IThinkHesGay Member

The dad was planning on killing the rest of the family soon, so I don't know if I would say the were "doing alright" :zombies_lol:
    It just so happens that when our group arrived, some drama was stirred because the mom wanted to take advantage of the groups arrival, and the family died sooner than the dad wanted them to.

13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I dont see the ranger dad is going to kill his entire family soon. He does not want to go away from the island and plans to die there with his family. This part is obvious. But he is not going to preemptively strike on his family. He plans on surviving as long as they can. But if the time comes like when they are overwhelmed by a herd, he does plan to use the pills.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Before the arrival of Travis and co there was no reason for chaos..life was day to day.. The wife saw Maddy & Travis as a way out for her kids and schemed to take the kids away from the family...so the mom created the chaos..

15. IThinkHesGay

IThinkHesGay Member

Perhaps, but unless I missed something that clearly stated that the father was only going to use the pills in an emergency, I don't think that was the case. He didn't want to leave the island because he strongly believed in dying at home, not because he thought they could survive for a long time. The mom said that they knew they were just biding their time, and that the father was all about dying with family. Wouldn't he want to do it on his own terms rather than risk waiting until an emergency and not being able to complete the plan, or one of the family members dying early? Not to mention the fact that the little boy knew about the pills, he called them "power pills", so maybe the rest of the family knew about the plan. If this is true, that's why the mom was trying so hard to get Madison to take the children.

The father snapped ]once he realized that the entire world was dead, and he wanted to stop his family from suffering. We have seen this many times in TWD as well, like in season 1, i think it was the first episode actually, Rick found a farmhouse with a couple that committed suicide inside. I believe the phrase "God forgive us", or something similar was written on the wall in blood. Or the family in season 4 that Michonne found in an abandoned house while scavenging with Carl.

But who really knows. Our groups arrival changed everything so it's basically a Schrodingers Box situation.

16. Zombie_Rhino

i just don't understand that way of thinking from the father. being on this isolated island, what makes him think they will ever be overwhelmed by a herd? im pretty sure that at this point in the ZA they haven't heard of any mega herds or anything like that - and why would there be one on the island? the pill is just a bad idea altogether.

17. Zombie_Rhino

I honestly hadn't thought of it this way until I read your post. Hopefully, this snaps Chris out of his funk because everyone needs to get their $hit together and soon.

18. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

The pills are a bad idea, these so-called survivalists come off acting like true fighters but the pills are the sign of a quitter. The pills give them an easy out, more often than not "easy outs" prematurely end any chances someone may have had. This episode was case in point.

19. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Two insightful and very good points. Snaps all around to you sir.

20. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Remember the scene where he is showing Travis the opposite end of the island where the tourist town is? He says he "figures there are a couple hundred."

As far as the pills I think that is absolutely logical and would be expected. Just about any death would be better than being eaten alive. Most people would probably save one bullet for themselves in the end if it came to that... and we have seen that time and time again on the Walking Dead. The pills are no different except that he knows they will all die soon if they stay and would still rather have that happen then survive longer at the risk of leaving their home.

The bigger and darker question is whether the father knows that you come back as a zombie when you die. It wouldn't be surprising if he didn't and his "pact" is a simple suicide plan. But if he does know then that makes his plan, and what he told his kids really sick and twisted. "It will keep our family together." That means his real plan is to all stay together as a zombie family.