Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Suicide Family

Discussion in 'Episode 202 - We All Fall Down' started by br0k3n, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Nola

Nola New Member

That kid learned to kill zombies.

2. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Doesn't it contemplate they may run out of food? No chickens, cattle, sheep, goats or other animals seen being raised. A lot of their food had to be coming from L.A. What the father's end game left in question is whether he realized that everyone comes back as a walker if their brain isn't destroyed. Poison pills they all take together don't account for that. It's not even clear the main characters understand that yet.

3. ntotoro

ntotoro Member

I was left confused by all that, also. Based on the son's figures, they were all shot in the head when they died. So, the father must have known somehow. Maybe "keeping them together" meant they'd all eventually live together as walkers, but who knows. That plan went to hell when he saw baby girl chowing down on a momwich, so he looked like he accepted that fate.

Don't think the older son did, though.

4. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

Yes the main characters do know that. Travis shot his ex-wife in the head to keep her from turning. Alica tells the mom to get away from the dead daughter. It is implied that they are up to speed on this fact.

5. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I think you meant that Madison told the mom to get away from the dead daughter, but yes I agree that the main characters know that. The fact that they do know this is a HUGE bummer for me. Basically the first person that we see die a normal death and turn is that drug dealer - and of course the majority of the main cast gets to see him turned and deduce what is happening from the get go. I think one of the best story lines could have been dealing with dead or dying family members and not knowing that they will turn. Can you watch a loved one pass away and then have the courage to shoot them in the head? Personally, without prior knowledge of the situation I don't know what I would think. Shooting them in the head certainly wouldn't be my first thought.

6. Zombie_Rhino

to me, a few hundred zombies that far off is not a big issue. It didn't seem like there was an easy way to reach the suicide family's house and I think they could have devised a way to eliminate them in small numbers. in addition, they would have to be given a reason to head in the direction of their house or else they could have wandered elsewhere.

it is interesting to think about whether the father knew about the people turning when they died or not. i honestly feel like this answer is yes. the little boy says that those dolls represented his uncle and some neighbors amongst others. my guess is that they must have seen at least one of those die and come back to life - giving the fact that they lived in such a small community

7. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

With just the father and son and not much experience with the apocalypse yet I'd say they stood literally zero chance against 200-300 walkers if something got them coming their way. But that's besides the point. Like the father said, he wasn't giving up he was still mending fences. The pills were a last resort suicide plan because he knew that if they stayed it would be a matter of time before some threat came that they couldn't keep at bay. He also mentioned how he was afraid of the evil that could have come off of Travis' boat and was thankful that they were friendly. He knows that the are also a target for people now.

I thought about the dots on the dolls' head too but in the end all that tells us is that they know how to kill zombies. The apocalypse has been shown to spread so quickly that it could easily have gotten all of their relatives through bites without them realizing that everyone is infected. Rick's whole group didn't even realize it until I think Season 3 despite them losing plenty of people along the way. They even got clues like seeing dead zombies with no bites... and they still weren't sure why until the secret was told to Rick.

8. Zombie_Rhino

Rick knew at the end of season 1 when Jenner told him at the CDC. Everyone else found out towards the end of season 2 when Randall had no bites and turned after Shane snapped his neck and again when Shane turned after Rick stabbed him.

#28 Zombie_Rhino, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  9. Znuts

Znuts Member

This is the point I think the writers are trying to drive home about both shows, that our groups bring chaos to otherwise normal groups of people. Rick referred to his group as "The Walking Dead", well I think the same will happen with the group on this show. Every group of people they try to help ends up getting that group in more trouble. Eventually Maddie's group will gain a reputation for this and other groups will start to "Fear The Walking Dead", because if Maddie's group shows up, things will tumble into chaos.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Kind of tough to get a reputation when anyone you are in contact with DIES!:hatchet:

11. Znuts

Znuts Member

I never said that everyone they come into contact with will die. Some of these people will live on after the group leaves and start telling other groups of people about Maddie's group.

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Why do you think its about you?

Everyone they encounter seems to end up dead like they are cursed and we should fear them?

Wait a second maybe we should fear them!