Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Swear you'll RATE this booger?

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Rate the Monstrosity!!

1. 10

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. I swear I didn't know I was gonna enjoy myself this much.

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  3. 8

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. 7

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  5. 6

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  6. 5

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
  7. 4

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. I coulda swore that was an episode of Lost in Space

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. 2

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  10. @#&%#!

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

2. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

It was just ok which is why I gave it a 7.

3. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

I've already given my thoughts, but I feel I have to expound on something. I may be a noob to this forum, but I'm not new to posting in general.

I gave the episode a 5/10. That was based off of my own opinion, and how I viewed things. Other people felt differently, as is their right, however, I do feel that no one should be made to feel like their opinion is wrong just because it wasn't the same as someone else's.

Some of us liked this episode and some didn't. It happens every week. Neither side is wrong.

I will re-watch this episode, as I do all of the episodes as I tend to pick up on more anyway. It won't change my opinion though. I still feel this one wasn't up to the caliber as some of the others. For me, I don't judge it based on what characters are/aren't in it as far as if it's good or not, all joking aside. I look at writing, plotlines, flow, acting, continuity, and yes, if it keeps me interested among many other things.

And that's my additional, .02.

4. EnglishLad96

EnglishLad96 Member

Ill give it a 6. I like Tara as a character, but this is another episode this season I feel could have been mixed with other storylines, rather than being a bottled episode. Really struggling to like this season so far, hope the next episode is better.

5. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I'm giving this one a 7. Not a very exciting or particularly interesting episode, but I really like Tara as a character and it did push the story forward in a meaningful way. We definitely haven't seen the last of this group. When it comes down to war with the Saviors, the huge arsenal at Oceanside is likely going to play a crucial role. Alexandria, Hilltop, and the Kingdom are quite underpowered when it comes to combat with the Saviors. However, I don't think we'll be seeing Oceanside again until late in the second half of the season at the soonest, and possibly not even until next season. They've been introduced at a way earlier point in the story than they were in the comics, so we'll see. They've also changed some of the general characteristics of the group as a whole, so it seems like they're going to go in a different direction with them.

There were some incredibly cheesy moments. When the big sand pile basically collapsed because of Tara pulling on a bag that was buried in it, it just looked ridiculous. It was an interesting setup, but the way it played out was incredibly unbelievable. The 'heroine being rescued at the last second' archetype was kind of overdone. I can believe these kinds of things once, but when they keep playing it out over and over again throughout the episode, it gets a bit repetitive. I've always liked Tara's humor, but I think they layered it on a bit too thick in this episode. Her humor is written intentionally to feel kind of awkward, but it really just felt out of place at several points.

I'm at a loss as to why Tara would have gone on a long and in depth diatribe about the ASZ assaulting the Savior's compound. It was an important plot point because it opened up a dialog about the fact that Oceanside had encountered the Saviors as well, and it revealed to Tara that the place they attacked was only an outpost. It moved that part of the story forward, but I don't understand why she felt it was necessary to describe all of that in explaining where she was really from. If you're trying to de-escalate a situation and forge a potential alliance, saying "so we went in and slaughtered a bunch of people because we thought they'd be a threat in the future" may not be the best way to ease into that discussion.

Overall I feel like this was basically a filler episode, and I'm not really a fan of bottle episodes like this. I'd have liked to see Heath play more of a role in this episode, and I think it should have been mixed up with flashes to Alexandria, or at least to Hilltop or the Kingdom so we can get the central story moving a bit more as well.

6. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I'm surprised of all the negative comments, this episode did get. I really enjoyed it and rated it 8.
    For once: I love Tara and I really like her chemistry with Cindy. I was so reliefed, that the walker with the dreadlock was not Heath (although that was a bit overdone - exactly the same hair?)
    Overall - a good episode for me and the end was heartbreaking (again). I can't wait to see the communities coming together and giving Negan hell :Grin:

7. Janis

Janis New Member

Devoting an entire episode to TARA?
    This ep was not nearly as bad as last week's all time worst ep...no more Enid!

8. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

0. Simply awful. I hope Tara works for free, because she isn't work minimum wage.

9. horridperson

horridperson New Member

More poorly than I would have liked. It was cursed by mediocrity and suffered, in my opinion for two main reasons. Tara is a good character but she is typically overshadowed by more dynamic survivors in the ensemble cast. I felt that the writers missed an opportunity because as the principle in the story she still remained on the fringes. This was a chance to do showcase Tara. In my mind was dragged through the episode like a sidekick. They didn't have to make a superhero of her (and I wouldn't have wanted to see that) but the quiet that filled much of the plot could have provided exposition into who she was.

My other main criticism comes down to the timing of the vignette. It felt too late in the game. If this story needed to be told it should have featured earlier in the season. As a viewer I was disconnected from her. Time hadn't just passed from her departure through the current season; She had been absent since the 6th. I would have appreciated it more if this particular story had been broken into a sequence of substories that diverted from the main story. It didn't have the weight to stand alone against the situations other characters were experiencing.

I voted 5/10 for the bland story never reaching the potential it might have had when it was pitched.

10. Deadpool

Deadpool Member

A bit harsh, don't you think?

11. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

gave it a 6. i guess it was important to know that there are more people out there who have dealt with Negan's $hit - and now the survivors have means of getting some weapons eventually, but that could have been handled a lot quicker than in 60 minutes.

12. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I enjoyed the round table discussion. It was nice to see Heath again - but damn did they have to make cry like a b? I've never been a fan of Tara and I'm still trying to figure out why her character was added.

Overall, the episode was nothing special. Gave it a 5.

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Ehhhh. I give it a 7.

+ Tara. I like Tara. Tara's good.
    - ONLY Tara. I don't like Tara that much. Not that good.
    + Cindy was cool.
    - fairly certain Rachel is the youngest person I've called a ****.
    +Tara flipped off Rachel, so all is made well in the world. That's going to be a gif. I'm sure of it.
    -Tara, y u no tell elexandria abot teh gunz?
    + Tara. Tara's sense of humor is awesome. Quick one-liners and responses. I have to specify that I mean this in a good way, because I'm not sure how others feel about him: she reminds me of Saul Goodman.
    - Don't like them saying the saviors executed every single male over the age of 10. Both parts of it are wrong. First part is just sexist. Second part? Ten is the age people are supposed to be able to start training pokemons, not be executed.
    + Tara's bewbs.

14. Deadpool

Deadpool Member

Honda, you have a way with words. I like you.

15. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Thank you mr. Pool. I like me too.

16. BlackLightning

Sorry but this is the best/only one I could find.

[​IMG]

Anyways, what the Saviors did - killing off 2.5 generations of men - is not inherently sexist. It's something that a lot of tyrants, psychos, terrorists and other genocidal maniacs did. Remember the Lion King? Remember Hamlet?

Kill the able-bodied leading men because they are the biggest threat. Kill the older boys because they've spent the most time around their fathers and manhood is right around the corner. Kill the old men because, even though they don't have the physical power/stamina they use to, they have a lot of past experience that they can use against you.

Leave the baby boys alive so you can indoctrinate and mold them. You'll need them to breed more workers anyways. Worse comes to worse, it will take years before they are men of fighting age. All of that will demoralize/traumatize the women and the girls who will then be your slaves.

Look at history. It usually works. If it doesn't, either all of the enslaved people die, they all leave, the tyrants die or everybody involved dies.

#56 BlackLightning, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  17. Rhovanion

Rhovanion Member

I went into the episode thinking I wouldn't like it all and be bored to tears. I don't like bottle episodes (especially bottle episodes with minor characters), I don't care about Heath and while I like Tara, I wouldn't say I like her enough to want a whole episode of just her. These low expectations probably helped, because I actually really enjoyed the episode! I liked the two young girls Rachel and Cyndie right off the bat, they kept me engaged in the story right away and I liked this first glimpse of the Oceanside community. The sand walkers were really cool as well, as were the locations used.

Not the best episode, but far from the worst and really enjoyable. 8/10.

18. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I gave it a 6. It was fine but not special, even though I like bottle episodes, and I enjoy seeing minor characters have a chance to shine.

Great sand zombies. I thought it was smart to set up cars on either side of the bridge so humans had a raised walkway to get across, in case of zombies.

Tara's sunglasses and jauntiness made me grin.

I figure Heath is fine somewhere, but I can't manage to care.

Eugene was great.

19. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

It looks like Tara's been working for Twinkies and Ice Cream.

20. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Same. I gave it a 7.

It was a struggle to not give it a 6 something. Either way it was my lowest score ever for an episode.

I think the 70 mins wasn't needed and if you were going to put that much time in, either show what happened for Oceanside, or blend in other happenings to help make the time productive.

Though it was brilliant to take Tara's funbags and display them in a wet shirt as she layed on the shore.

That was acceptable. TBH as laden as she was, it almost was like the gal in Z-nation when she was running. I was worried she was going to get hurt by the damn things!

But, being the gentlemen that I am, I would have volunteered to help her nurse them back to health.

Wait. That came out wrong.