Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Swear you'll RATE this booger?

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Rate the Monstrosity!!

1. 10

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. I swear I didn't know I was gonna enjoy myself this much.

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  3. 8

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. 7

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  5. 6

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  6. 5

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
  7. 4

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. I coulda swore that was an episode of Lost in Space

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. 2

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  10. @#&%#!

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. Eat Carol

Eat Carol New Member

Forced humor injected into a show falls on its face. Show stunk BL. Sorry. Hey, when is Carol gonna get eaten? Any guesses?

2. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

I know the problem. Back when I used be a "hardcore nutball" ;) about shows I loved, I was always extremely critical due to my personal expectations. Now that I am more laid back about shows I like, I take everything as it comes and rarely ever get worked up over something unless it is an extreme. I think on this show, apart from this season's opening episode that I find absolutely appalling, the only other thing that ever truly got me upset was the way Lori treated Shane:
    :hatchet:

3. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Member

4. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Member

5. chabadoo

chabadoo New Member

Yes indeed, the very "normal" Tara. Tell me what is normal about her? Her "american style slim shape" is the only thing that is realistic about her.

The character behaves strange. Where do you run when someone tries to shoot you? Correct, you run away! Not Tara, she runs right into the village and risks being shot. When the same people got her, she makes stupid jokes, but shouldn't she be afraid - at least a tiny little bit.....

... so far bad writing only - blame the script... a lot had to be done through good acting and it pains me to say, that Alanna Masterson was not capable to play it that way.

6. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

You may so add, with my blessing and gratitude.

7. chabadoo

chabadoo New Member

We learned many things in that episode. Negans plans with Daryl, what happened to Dwight etc.
    It was focuses to things that happen around Daryl not to Daryl himself.

.... contrary the latest episode was just about Tara. I dont generally hate filler episodes if they are good in writing and acting. This was not - it was disappointing.

#67 chabadoo, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  8. walkon

walkon Active Member

I gave it a 2. My interest in the TWD has taken a nosedive ever since Glenn and Abe died. I liked the show and I'm going to keep watching hoping it will revive my interest. When I watched this episode I found myself thinking. . .they killed off Glenn and Abe for this? I don't think Tara and especially Heath are worth an episode by themselves. I hope Heath is dead. I don't like Rosita and I wish Maggie had been killed off rather than Glenn. This whole season has been somewhat of a disappointment for me . . . I just hope the whole Negan thing is over soon. . . .I hate his same ole, same ole speeches. Ezekiel looks like a skid row bum. . .no interest there at all. They ruined Carol (my all time favorite). . .blast!
    Nice to see Eugene on guard though.

9. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

This was the best episode of the season for me - all of the others have flatlined a little but this picked it up. Funnily enough everyone on here seems to think the opposite. Maybe it's my self-identification in Tara that does it. Anyway, I gave this a 9.

10. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I would've have cared more for this storyline had it not been a bottle episode. My interest would be peaked more had we cut away to the prominent scenes, whilst continuing on from Hilltop or Alexandria.

Im glad Tara is still go-lucky Tara...silly & fist bumping. I did like the idea of using the dog training clickers for communication.

11. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I really don't have a complaint about this episode or any other this season in particular, but am beginning to get tired of each episode focusing on just a character or two. I suppose I wouldn't even notice if I was still binge watching the series, but we get introduced to these new places, our interest peaks, and then nothing for weeks. So not the content, but the presentation that's disappointing.

12. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

Ok as much as I liked seeing Tara again I had to go with a 7 for the episode. I truly didn't care for the Oceanside Community ad wouldn't cry if it's the last we see of them. Also that little girl needed a bit$? slap with her spitting. I loved Tara's response to her though.

13. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

I liked it,I'd give it a 7 . Tara is hilarious,I would be her in any uncomfortable situation " Look I'm cool" :zombies_lol: I like Oceanside and I feel for them. Killing every man and boy over 10 god Negan is literally everywhere. I liked some of the new characters Cyndie & the one who told the story of the Saviors can't remember her name though you could tell that she lost a son. And Rachel is the most savage kid on this show
    But there were some parts I didn't like . Like the flashbacks on the bridge and when Tara went off the bridge wasn't believable ,and how they brushed past telling Tara ;Denise,Glenn & Abe died.
    But since they have finished catching up with everyone now we can hopefully get kicked into gear with multiple communities in an episode.

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

It appears my theory was correct. I waited until 1 hour before Episode 707 aired to watch this. it turns out, I loved the episode when I knew I got to see what happens next immediately after. These types of episodes are often written well but the fact that you are ignoring most of the cast for an entire episode by default will make the episode unenjoyable because you want to see what is going on at least a LITTLE bit about characters you care more about. Had I not waited 2 weeks to see this episode I probably would have been antsy and bored most of the episode, instead I could enjoy it in a relaxed way and gave it an 8. I'll do this for every episode like this from now on.