Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Symbolism of the very first opening scene

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by Blueman, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Rick is adding a hole on the strap of his belt. This can only mean that his waistline is getting big.

So, is he living a 'too' comfortable lifestyle and is getting fat?
    With him being the 'lead' man of ASZ, does this symbolize that the 'danger readiness' is getting compromised, after an unspecified time jump of a couple months?

2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I didnt pay attention at the time to which side he was making the new hole ; whether he was losing or gaining weight. I did wonder at the time what the significance of the scene was. I'll have to watch again and pay more attention. What you say makes sense though.

3. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

He has been doing a lot of running lately. Bet he has lost those "new community" pounds he was so self-conscious of. Hope he finds a way to keep it up since he may not be wandering far from his home for a while (Maybe take up jogging like Travis on FTWD?)

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think it was just one of those things that they did to make clear there was a significant passage of time from 609.

5. batongal

batongal Active Member

Yep Rick is letting his guard down. Getting fat, playing music, having hope.

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone, turned on some music to start my day, I lost myself in a familiar song, I closed my eyes and I slipped away. It's more than a feeling, when I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling) I begin dreaming (more than a feeling) till I see Marianne walk away, I see my Marianne walking away.

6. Ricktatorship80

He put another hole in his belt because he's losing weight. The ASZ is running low on food. That's why they're making so many runs "law of averages" & the emphasis on finding what they need to grow crops.

7. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

This. If Rick was getting fat and outta shape, I dont think him and Daryl would have been able to chase down that truck like they did.

8. FutureApocalyps

Rick may not be getting fat, but he is letting down his guard imo. He's very comfortable and relaxed.

9. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Well, if Rick has been putting on weight, he's found a new exercise machine in Michonne.

10. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Wasn't it obvious? The significance of the scene was hot Michonne in a bathrobe and the fingers grazing.

11. Cons72

Cons72 Member

You add holes if you are getting skinny.

If you get fat you need a new belt (and pants).

It was to show passage of time and that food was getting scarce.

12. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

C'mon people! He realizes this episode is going to be first time he gets laid since the ZA and he's keeping score.

13. rick>daryl

rick>daryl New Member

He's losing weight. They are running out of food. That's why Eugene said they needed the sorghum to change their food situation from scary to hunky-dunky.

14. Ricktatorship80

The scene was also to show that Michonne can catch a tennis ball.

15. gavuk

gavuk Member

I immediately thought weight loss not gain and yes then supported by the shopping list and need for specific food ie the Sorghum feedstore that Eugene gave them. NB i loved the leaving the gate scene and suspect that needed filming+++ due to craw and cast laughter!!

16. Chassit

Chassit Member

I am one of those super skinny folks, and when I add a hole to my belt, it is because the belt, not myself, is too large.