Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Symbols and Foreshadowing

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by SBreves, Mar 22, 2015.

1. SBreves

SBreves New Member

Hey guys, I'm new to the walking dead forum. I've been breaking down the symbols for the last five episodes or so. There have been a ton of symbols all throughout. In the episode "Them", there were a ton of biblical allusions, and then in "The Distance", I found of a ton of symbols with light and dark. Even in this last episode, there were more biblical allusions. Scott Gimple and crew are ridiculously amazing. I totally think the symbols of "Forget" give some huge foreshadowing clues to a major death of the series. If you want to read more about the spoilers, check out my blog: www.diggingdeepersymbols.blogspot.com

Let me know what you think!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve your analysis. It is breezy and entertaining to read and has real depth of analysis and is plausible.

My only criticism is that I don't think the writers are anywhere near as clever as your attributions. If they were Andrea wouldn't have been such a disaster as a character.

3. SBreves

SBreves New Member

the term lol is often overused... however, I literally laughed out loud when I read your post! Maybe they've just gotten better with age! Thanks for the kind words

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It was fun to read, but overall I'd say that some of the symbols put in are done deliberately, and some are just happenstance. I don't think TWD is supposed to be a "back to the future" -type everything is related story. And if you make enough film, some things will appear to be connected even if they aren't. OTOH, if Daryl dies this week, I'll change my tune.

5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

If Daryl dies, we riot.

Of course, he does have that CROSS bow, so there's another biblical allusion for ya.

6. SBreves

SBreves New Member

If he dies and is resurrected, oh buddy! Ha!