Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tactical errors and Rosita/Tara WTF

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by Ionut, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Rosita and Tara giving up their guns in that situation was extremely stupid. These characters are all ace shots even at ranges of 20 yards with their handguns, to the point on unrealistic proportions to anyone who has experience with firearms. We'll take it though because walking corpses are far more unrealistic than almost everyone being a flawless shot under high adrenaline conditions.

Tara can drill walker heads at 20 yards, but cannot put a round in the Wolf's head at 10 feet? With all that is going on, I don't feel an indoor gunshot is going to contribute to drawing that much more walker attention.

Denise is in a bad spot but given the accuracy of Rosita and Tara here, she has a decent chance of survival. This is a better option than giving up your guns to a maniac and putting all of you in danger of getting killed. The only thing they know about this guy is his group was attacking and hacking them to pieces a day before.

Ridiculous stuff. Makes Daryl's dumb decision with Dwight look brilliant.

Carl with Ron a bit more situational, but still I think many of these main characters are becoming soft and the decisions are only putting themselves in worse spots.

Lastly,

Carol is one of the smartest characters and is always prepared to do what needs to be done, but she was tactically off here not using her gun on Morgan and trying to engage him with a knife.

2. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

Poor writing. They were just handing six lives to the wolf.

3. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Will post more when I'm not sleeping, but so glad you made this thread because I was going to as well. During that scene I was baffled that they handed over their weapons, which makes zero tactical sense and would never be advised in that kind of situation with a psychopath about to kidnap someone. Plus he only had a knife, so you definitely take the shot (since his hand won't loosen on a gun trigger and possibly kill the hostage). Absurdity.

You pull a false surrender and one of the two women lowers slower than the other. The lower one offers distraction and the other caps him in the head. That's the only way to properly deal with that scenario. I also thought Rosita had military experience, which makes even less sense on top of it already being the most unrealistic, non-plan in the universe. They're like "ok, the guns are all yours so you can kill us all, or we'll just stand here, say nothing and watch him take her away" without so much as an attempted tackle or trade-off. Thanks guys!

#3 AnnieOakley, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  4. Rust

Rust Member

Yeah that was jaw dropping stupid. Its like this entire episode was written by a 12 year old. Tara went though a police academy supposedly....you are trained to NEVER give up your weapon. Really bad TV trope writing. 2 guns and one machete vs one knife....let's give up. Ugh.....this season is disappointing.

5. nazzac

nazzac New Member

I agree it was rather stupid and Tara is one of my favorite characters. Should have just shot the guy in the head.

I think the excuse is they were scared for Denise's life and in panic they just did the easy option.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Characters are only good shots when the writers want them to be.

7. Rust

Rust Member

So we have a Wolf...known to kill without mercy. The Wolf has a knife. Worst case scenario..Wolf kills the hostage, you shoot the Wolf. But you give the Wolf a gun...2 guns...now the Wolf kills the hostage kills Tara kills Eugene and Rosita and Carol and Morgan. Like I said...written by a 12 year old. Its not even like Wolfie Boy said.."give me the guns and I won't hurt anyone" he just says give him the guns because he wants them. So they give him the guns. Ugh.

#7 Rust, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The show really dropped the ball on this season.

And a bit of what I fear will come, A comic is easy to have a ton of humans interacting in, the story is not going SO deep into how they react and all but on a tv-show? It need to be more realistic in that manner.

More humans, more writing. Which means more **** ups and it is easier to notice the flaws in the AMC writers writing. The first 2, 3 seasons had less people and less writing. It was pretty much one sided (Woodbury-Prison). But now there is Alexandrians being their way, Rick Hobos being their way, Morgan being his way, Wolves being their way, Wade being like he is, then Negan will come, then Hilltop, then The Kingdom maybe. So many diffrent sides with a ton of people that need to be written good.

Less humans, less writing, less ways to screw things up.

Also, Tara and Rosita been good shots. Do not go change the rules suddenly and they are bad shots when they head shot zombies day and night. I hope atleast, if it had been Sasha she would taken the shot with how her character evolved. I always found Tara to be so careless and happy. Found it odd she did not try to take the shot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. plotholes

plotholes Member

My question is - where did Tobin go? I thought he was with them.

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

To make the whole thing even worse, even IF you don't think he's going to shoot everyone with those guns Denise's best chance to survive is if you try to take out the Wolf inside. If she goes outside with him she is either going to be tossed as a decoy to the walkers by the Wolf, or killed later by him.

Nevertheless, it's insane to give him two guns when he was part of a murderous band of mutants.

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

He's on vacation with Heath.

12. plotholes

plotholes Member

Taking into account the episode where he got back to Alexandria ahead of everyone else after the failed quarry plan, I'm starting to suspect that Tobin doesn't really exist, and is just a figment of Rick's imagination.

#12 plotholes, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  13. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe they didn't just shoot him. Both of them are great shots. Totally ridiculous. Worst case scenario is Denise gets shot. Nobody wants a wounded hostage.

14. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yes but it's all part of the Master plan.

15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Very big question! We saw him, Auron is shrouded in mystery where he is. Didn't Michonne help Tobin up? Did he dash for his house?

Oh it is! Very insane. Better to try and kill him and maybe lose Denise than lose Denise anyway and maybe more. But oh well! Plot hole!

Also, How could walkers be ALL over the place? They run, and suddenly many streets have walkers arriving from the opposite direction? I think they pretty much threw us under the car here. In reality, a half circle around the opening with cars covering would been enough to keep a lot at bay. Hell maybe even be time for it since how slow Walkers are. But somehow they can dash ahead of running humans and surround them, forcing them to flee into random houses? I do not buy it. And what did Maggie do to get so surrounded? Even falling over? Did all of them stare in shock while Walkers went all over the place?

Sounds like that one Simpsons episode where he saw a carpenter no one ever saw until the end.

But yeah, Where is Tobin now? Where is Heath? Where is Auron? What about the other named red shirts?

16. drifter77

drifter77 Member

It's one of the few examples of "bringing a knife to a gunfight" actually working out for someone. Bravo!

17. StoryLine

StoryLine Member

More disappointed that the wolf did not kill all six of them after he got the gun... bad writing.

18. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Exactly. Denise and the Wolf are going right outside into a mass of walkers. At that point you would think that Denise would rather die with friends rather than be ripped apart. ..... I just don't get it.

19. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Except it isn't really. The Wolves have a code to free people and use their remains but they also attack in a pack. He is isolated away from his pack. He just wants to get back to them. We have never seen Wolves strike alone. If he killed 6 people there and then they'd have to waste the remains that they want for their traps and whatever they want them for. Even when Morgan first met the Wolf, there was another hiding in the bush.

We also saw the Wolves keep the red poncho guy alive alittle while before slaughtering him.

20. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Yeah, I agree. Shouldn't the Alpha Wolf have shot Tara, Rosita, Eugene when they have them disarmed. But then again, maybe he's just screwing with Tara on purpose by taking Denise, possibly another demonstration of his twisted philosophy.