Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Talking Dead guest for 1009

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Season 10' started by Dnae, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Cooper Andrews (Jerry); Lauren Ridloff (Connie) and Michael Satrazemis (Director of 1009)

https://undeadwalking.com/2020/02/17/talking-dead-guests-walking-dead-episode-1009-feb-23/

Sure, I am a bit nervous that Cooper and Lauren are on the couch. I try and tell myself that it means nothing. I will just keep telling myself that until 1009 has been seen

BUT I am happy to see that a director (other than Nicotero) will be on the couch. I wish they would do this more often. Invite the director and/or writers of that weeks episode.

Stop bringing on outside celebrities and use the deep pool of potential guests from the actual show

2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

This is really not looking good for Connie, is it? As we have already seen from the new trailers that Jerry will squeeze through, - forgive my pun.

Would they be so obvious though? (That's my last bit of hope.)

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am 60/30/10 in regard to the fate of Connie

The 60 in me thinks that if anyone dies in the MSP it will be Magna

The 30 in me thinks that it could be Connie and the 10 in me thinks that no one actually dies in the MSP.

I have gone this far without reading any spoilers. Just hope that I can hold out until the episode airs.

I do think that over the course of this back half we are going to be faced each week with "who will die". I fear that a great number of people will not be with us in season 11

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I also have not read any definitive spoilers, but plot-wise, it makes sense to me that Connie will die. They have been building up a bond between her and Daryl during S9 and 10A. If she dies, it will be Carol's fault. Carol recklessly led them to the cave. Daryl has increasingly been telling Carol that her rogue actions are dangerous. Connie's death would be a confirmation of this for Daryl, and would serve as an interesting wedge between these 2 characters. I'm more like 80-50-5, which doesn't add to 100.

80- Connie dies.
    50- Magna also dies.
    5- no one dies.

Although they may not actually die in the MSP. It could be an episode or 2 later.

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I agree that it could be in any one of the remaining 8 episodes. And I fear that if in fact Connie does not die in 1009 then with each episode following, the question of her surviving will remain questionable.

I love the character but I will not be too surprised if she dies.

NOW, if they pull some bone head move like killing Aaron then I may have to rethink my Sunday night viewing schedule at that point. I have lost Rick and Jesus. I cannot lose Aaron :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I can see that as a potential story, for sure. But it would be such a horrible, horrible story. Just imagine. Daryl losing Michonne soon. People will die around him yet again, despite his best efforts. Then on top of all this he would have to fall out with his best friend because she'd get Connie killed, the woman who he was beginning to fall for? Connie, who was only there the first place because she considers herself "family" with Daryl and came to help him? What kind of a nasty story would this be? After three and a half seasons of moping they have finally built Daryl up again only to bring him down again? There is not a single moment of this story I would like to see. It's the worst. If they go down this route, that's it for Daryl. He will never get to be with anyone romantically, ever. He will close off for ever. Will eventually sort it out with Carol, take care of Judith and JR until Michonne returns with Rick (forever the optimist I am), and then the two of them will go off to New Mexico as the wonderful platonic friends they are. The end.

Of course the story could go in a very different direction, for which seeds have been planted, and it would actually be a new story. Not a why-not-tear-Daryl-apart again story. Daryl could find love with Connie. Both characters have deep scars the other could heal. We are still waiting to hear the back story of how Connie lost a baby, most likely her own baby. And Aaron's teasing about how Daryl will be a dad one day. Just imagine Daryl and Connie starting a relationship, the sweet awkwardness of it all. Having a baby together, the ultimate healing for both of them.

Well, I know which story I'd rather watch. But yeah, I know. It's The Walking Dead.

Still.

#6 BlackBird, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1