Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Talking Dead poll

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by Zombie_Rhino, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

Was anyone else a little surprised at the result of the poll about Aaron? The poll question was about your first impression of Aaron: Seems nice or Polite cannibal. 81% said polite cannibal and only 19% said seems nice. I guess this is kind of a product of all the evil people we have dealt with recently - from the governor, to Joe's group, to the Termites, and even the cross cops to some extent. Still, wouldn't Aaron have taken a different approach if he wanted to take down the group rather than waiting til they were ready for him and introducing himself?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

A very small percentage of the viewership are comic readers, so it didn't really surprise me. Several months ago I posted a link to an article where Image comics said they only distribute about 60,000 comics each month. So even if 9 out of 10 people are reading the comics online, or by other means, instead of buying a hard copy, that's still only 600,000 comic readers, about 3% of the total viewship.

3. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Member

Its a poll asking if you think hes good or bad...the tv audience has been trained to always suspect bad, just as the characters on the show this week will do. If the audience thought he was good would mean the writers hadnt been doing a very good job. No surprise.

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

The group, and the television audience, should be suspicious of Aaron at this point. How many times have they trusted another group only to get burned? They also just came from Shirewilt, where it seemed like the community had been attacked by a group who cut people's limbs off and carved Ws into their heads. This far into the ZA, there are fewer and fewer good people around. If someone is offering you something that seems too good to be true, it probably is.

5. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

The show has done a really good job getting the viewers to distrust. I know people have complained about every group they've ran into is bad and how there is always a huge problem every time they meet new people, but all of that is necessary for this moment, and its all about to be proven wrong.

Terminus in particular was brilliant with this, since (while there are changes) there are similarities, especially with Aaron comparing to Gareth (also, apparently Ross Marquand originally auditioned for the role of Gareth).

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

With everything that's happened it makes sense that the audience would think that Aaron is bad. I also think that Chris Hardwick put his hand on the scale a little bit and moved the audience in that direction too with some of his comments.

Nevertheless...

7. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I think it's reasonable to be mistrusting. Although he obviously isn't a cannibal - the two options don't give you much leeway. The truth is usually always somewhere in the middle. Even if he is just some jolly good guy with a heart of gold - he would still have his motives to want to recruit people - meaning he wants something from them - and that itself can be dangerous. Rick knows this, as would Sasha. It's not like the prison where Rick and his group are calling the shots - so I do look forward to this storyline, for sure and seeing them discuss that.

It's suspicious for after a huge storm being approached by this guy that looks clean, shaven, really well put together and is personable - specifically asking for Rick the leader of the group. Meaning that he has been watching and listening to them - and sent them water. You can't help but think the worst!.

I was saying in another thread how is they had still been in Georgia - it would absolutely be reasonable to assume he was one of the Terminus people.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think Aaron made a mistake there too in saying Rick's name, even if he overheard it. The situation is already sketchy enough with him approaching the group, but to toss that in there he makes them even more wary. People in general don't like strangers, or even individuals they don't know very well, coming up and telling them things about themselves. It raises your defense mechanisms in a normal society, let alone in one on TWD where the world has fallen apart.

9. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet the TV characters haven't read the comics either. Especially Daryl.

10. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

If Daryl were to read anything, I would think it was comics.

11. CheesyBirdMess

Yeah it startles you in real life when someone you don't know says your name without you giving it - so for sure in this situation you'd be like whaaaat the heeeck?

12. Zombie_Rhino

I'm kind of curious to know who has and who hasn't read them. I know that some of the characters do for sure in order to draw inspiration for their TV character from the comics, yet others kind of want it to be a mystery as to what happens to them in the future and refuse to read ahead.

13. ExpertFan10

ExpertFan10 New Member

Speaking of this...and maybe I should ask this someplace else...please forgive me if that's the case. I just started reading the comics on my iPad. The first set was only $8.99, but the second set is $14.99 and this seems to be the going price on iTunes. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the first set, but I was hoping not to have to spend a couple hundred bucks on comics with a newborn in the house. Do you know of a cheaper way to read these digitally or otherwise?

14. Zombie_Rhino

I agree... not sure why he had to do this. He could have just said that he wanted to talk to the leader.

15. Neuropyramidal

Yes, you can read them for free online. I'm not allowed to tell you how, due to forum rules.....but think of a certain letter that is shaped like a cup. In fact that letter is the middle letter in the word 'cup'. Then think of that old slang word for television....they called it the boob 'blank'.......let's watch the boob 'blank'.......the word in blank starts with a T. Then put that letter and that word together, and you can figure out where to read them.

Oh, f*ck it, I'm trying to say youtube. You can read them for free on youtube.

Also, you can buy the compendiums. They are large books that contain 48 issues each, and you can find them online for as cheap as 28 bucks each or so. :)

16. ExpertFan10

ExpertFan10 New Member

Wow! I was following you...Haha! Thanks for the information. I truly appreciate it! Glad to share a common interest with so many great people out there. Thanks again!

17. Neuropyramidal

No problem.

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

i really need to stop skimming and actually read...I was at cupboob.com and so confused.

19. CheesyBirdMess

I would really like for that to be a site.

Then again... Maybe not.

[​IMG]

20. Zombie_Rhino

anyone else want to make cupboob.com a thing? or is it already... :zombies_rolleyes: