Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Talking Dead should be rebooted

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by GreekSalads, Nov 3, 2014.

1. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I probably talked about this before but the talk show needs a radical change and take itself more seriously. Let's start with guests. Enough with these self-promoters. I don't care if you're in a band and what-not, just talk about TWD critically. We need more cast or cree members as guests. I'd rather have the virtual effects guy on then Marilyn Manson. And if they are not related to the show, they should be huge fans that understand what TWD is about. Too much time is wasted on silly questions, polls, jokes and just plain unrelated conversation.

There is just so much stuff to talk about. Little hints, character arcs, etc but all this potential of a good hour of insightful analysis is wasted.

I think Hardwick is a good host but the producers need to do some changing.

2. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Someone put this on the TD forum. I posted here by mistake.

3. Dulak

Dulak Member

I Agree - I really only want to watch talking dead for the 'talk about TWD" dont care whom is on there but if they are I want it to be about the walking dead - oh well I do care whom is on there and like the OP said prefer to be from someone that is from the show. If not then a huge fan that wants to talk about the show and not themselves or what they do.

4. miltk

miltk Member

too many comedians doing shtick. the two guests with emily kinney were a royal pain in the ass. conan sucked too. i think they need someone to balance off hardwick because he's really getting on my nerves. he basically feeds into whoever is on, so if it's some comedian he ends up acting silly

5. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

That's a really interesting observation. I listen to Chris Hardwick's Nerdist podcast because I'm interested in the guests he interviews. Sometimes episodes feature a serious Chris asking quite imaginative, interesting and sometimes profound questions and sometimes episodes feature Chris being a complete idiot who trivialises everything.

I'd always attributed the difference to how much he respected the guest, e.g. his interviews with Tom Hanks and astronauts Chris Hadfield and Buzz Aldrin are genuinely fascinating whereas his interviews with some other people have been complete time wasters (I've even stopped listening to some mid listen because they've been so irritating).

But I think you've maybe identified an interesting dynamic in this. I think you're probably right that Chris sort of feeds off the energy of the person he's interviewing so with people that have a bit more gravitas he responds in the same manner. Whereas with those people who are more flippant or don't take things seriously or don't have many inhibitions Chris feeds off this and starts behaving like a 6 year old at someone's birthday party on a sugar high.

Thanks.

6. miltk

miltk Member

yeah i haven't seen all the guests but i really like the ones who are into the whole twd universe, like the two black actresses, one from "community" and the other used to host "talk soup".

7. Sco

Sco Member

That Mary Lynn woman was HORRIBLE!!!! Why was she on and NOT Lawrence Gilliard?!?!?!!?!?

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

John barrowman is a nerd hero !!

He was captain jack in doctor who & torchwood..

9. miltk

miltk Member

i gotta think a lot of this is someone's pr agent getting in touch with the ttd brass

10. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

I agree..and this season is worse than ever before...chris hardwick tells joke after joke as if he is kind of criticizing the show and making fun of it

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

John Barrowman truly sucked on this episode. In fact after watching it I like him less. He was awful.