Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tara and Denise romantically together - WHY?

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by Rickshair, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

Hit a nerve?

Your posts since you came on the forum display who you are fairly well. You're doing a grand job.

2. AAG331

AAG331 Member

He does have a fair point, actually.

3. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

The definition of a forum troll is one who posts incendiary remarks with the purpose of creating drama. To come on The Walking Dead, to the Michonne subforum and to equate her with a film monster is inflammatory and seeking drama.
    Had he said he doesn't care for the actress or did not find her beautiful is an opinion and therefore unarguable.

Therefore, going by his history in the forum, and his activities since joining; he fits the classic description of a troll.

This response also fits the definition of a troll. He feels that his position cannot be challenged while he claims for himself the right to challenge anyone. For example, I challenged his position against dreads by showing that the graphic novel shows Michonne wearing dreadlocks. Instead of addressing that challenge, he goes on a rant about religion, mobs, and pitchforks, all designed to bring a reaction. That, in itself, is a definition of a troll.

I can challenge the premise that Michonne in the TV series does not represent Michonne in the graphic novels by showing near identical representations of both. And yet all he does is lost a picture of a troll. How quaint. Also a classic definition of a troll.

So I do challenge his position about the actress. That is what happens in a forum. I posted examples showing the similarity between the actress and the graphic novel character. I also challenged his Rick/Darryl hookup premise by noting that Rick is straight. Instead of answering my challenges, he posts a doll. How lovely. So who is displaying mental inferiority? Let's leave the over the top comment about religious mobs and pitchforks. That's a classic rant and should stand unaddressed.

4. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Well his main argument was that Danai is a bad actress because she's "one dimensional" and unattractive, which I 150% disagree with. He wasn't referring to Danai as a 'monster'. And I'd say Michonne is definitely a "predator with dreads", cause she's always slicing up busters where ever she goes :p. And I wasn't really trying to argue for anything else he was saying, I vehemently disagree with everything else he has posted. I was just agreeing with that statement because I've seen that happen countless limes on the internet, where people dismiss actual arguments as just 'trolls', 'racists' or 'misogynists'.

And BTW, opinions are definitely arguable, how is that not the case?

#124 AAG331, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  5. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

they both have dreads.-

Bad ass killer- with dreadlocks and a sword.
    [​IMG]

michone... also a killer with dreadlocks and a sword.

[​IMG]

You are taking that fact- "that they both have dreds" and making it into something jaded.
    incendiary? Why - because you don't agree?

and finally- the OP_ was Daryl not Michonne.-

I just think if they were going to go there and have rick diddle someone in the main group it would have been more interesting to have Daryl and rick - than a bad actress and rick get together.
    [​IMG]

#125 Ron Lambert, Feb 25, 2016
  6. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

No point in pointing out the racism and misogyny here. People who are don't see it.

Let's instead discuss Darryl's redneck greasy sweaty armpits.

7. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Maybe because there actually is no racism or sexism here, and your just reading into it to much and coming up with your own conclusions? Seems to be the case. Especially with the fact that you choose not to back up your claims at all, instead calling people with different POV's "racists".

#127 AAG331, Feb 25, 2016
  8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

AAHHH!!! Racism, classism, gender bias! Run away!

Is that the reaction you wanted?

9. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

Dehumanizing a black female by comparing her to a monster in a movie is just as racist as stereotyping black women as the sexual aggressive female used in blaxploitation films.

10. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

Hey if I walk around saying that all southern men are poor rednecks who drink moonshine and spend their days scratching themselves or with their hands in their pants and shooting possums for supper that would be just as racist.

But it doesn't matter because Norman Reedus is more likely to get more money, statistically speaking, than Danai just by virtue of being a man. And his career is likely to last longer than Danai, statistically speaking. So here is an actress who has fit the role perfectly based on the graphic novel and there are people comparing her to a monster. Lovely.

There are fewer roles for women and even fewer for non white women.

11. AAG331

AAG331 Member

No Norman Reedus gets paid more than Danai, because he basically the biggest actor on the show. Not because Norman is male, that has 0.0% to do with it, and is totally irrelevant in this situation. And what is with you and the comparing Michonne to a monster thing? He wasn't even referring to her as a monster, and that was not even his point at all; a side comment if anything. It's nothing to get up and arms about at all.

12. AAG331

AAG331 Member

OMG that is NOT racist! And he wasn't even comparing Michonne to a monster, but even if he was, that somehow makes him racist?! Lol, what a complete joke. This is why I get pissed off at the overly offended SJW types that find "racism" and "sexism" where there isn't any. And what "blaxploitation" films are there? Unless your talking about Tyler Perry's films them IDK what your talking about. The dude just doesn't like Michonne's actress. He finds her bland and unattractive. I personally vehemently disagree with that, but instead of calling him a racist and dismissing his points, I choose to argue my case with him, to try to start a discussion with the guy.

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You are kind of changing things by adding the word "all", aren't you? He was talking about one actress, not ALL black actresses. And sure, calling someone a redneck might be racist -- but it's funny, too. Especially in the way you've described it! I've never heard of them walking around with their hands down their pants, but it conjures up a comedic image. Usually if someone wanted to be mean-spirited about it they'd say they sleep with their sisters, or their family tree looks like a blade of grass. It's fun for me to see someone here who's wound tighter than I am, I'll say that!

I didn't notice the dreadlock thing originally. I associate them with stoners, usually, maybe that's why. I don't know if he thought of it in the way you did either, looking at the figurine he posted (assuming it's from a collection of his), that of a bikini-wearing female predator with a sword, he might have been making some sort of erotic comparison in his mind... who knows what creepy things people come up with? he might have been meant it as some sort of compliment.

And yes, men do make more than women in most every field, and that sucks. OTOH, generally they can't take a few years off to spend with their kids and have that be seen as a normal thing (or at least an acceptable one) to do. Well, now I'm really going to get in trouble, but most men don't seem to have as much love for their children as their mothers do, and that sucks for them too. I guess how terrible the trade off is depends on what's important to you at the time.

14. Fan

Fan Member

Me too. And Denise may not have even been a lesbian before, she just ended up falling for a girl. Tara wouldn't be all that hard to fall for.

15. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

they both have swords... they both have dreads.
    What have you got against the predators anyway?

16. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Denise was a lesbian before; that's how she picked up on the vibe with Tara. But you're right--falling for Tara would be real damn simple.

LOL at people saying Tara's submissive. Always cracks me up when non-queer folks assert their ideas as facts. Feels like a first-cousin to "I have a Black co-worker so let me tell you how racism works." Het-splainin'--gotta love it. Wait--no, actually I don't.

17. greatdanechick

greatdanechick New Member

If they would show more of them we could maybe tell. I love them! I think they are adorable. Now I just want a little on screen lovin'. They get one tiny little peck on the lips, and a walk of shame to the door and that's it. Come on AMC, can we get a little more? Rick has had his turn. Spread it around a little ;)

18. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think they put Tara in the background because of her pregnancy. I'm not really sure how much we will get to see of her the rest of the season, so I hope she is around for S7 so they can put her unpregnant self back in the forefront of a bunch of scenes.

19. greatdanechick

greatdanechick New Member

This is a good point. I have no patience haha!

20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yes. I need a non-pregnant Alanna to be killing zombies and being all lesbian for another season at least.

Honestly though, I'm just pleased she made it this far. I still don't want to lose her because she's one of the few genuinely effortlessly entertaining characters on the show (imo), but I was fully expecting her to die all the way back in season 4. SO glad she didn't.