Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tara is still boring as ever

Discussion in 'Episode 415 - Us' started by Rickshair, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

That's because Meghan and Lilly didn't get their heads cut off in front of her...Hershel's death was more traumatizing

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Exactly. The writers don't have to do anything, but it's good to see as many genders/orientations/ethnicities/ages/classes of people as possible represented (within reason, in keeping with the demographics of Georiga). It's also realistic; it's not as if somehow only the straight people will have survived.

Hopefully we will be seeing...

...from the comics fairly soon.

3. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

She isn't a tough gal is she though, that was a facade to aid in protection of her sister. A major point of the character. I like that - she isn't prepared mentally for this world and she has gone from looking after her ill dad to being stood in a battlefield with an old man decapitated right beside her.

So she puts on a front in a dangerous world..big deal? Not wise to announce you're really the opposite. Whos to say had Glenn not found her when he did she wouldn't have shot herself? Obviously fight or flight reaction kicked in and she "flew"...hid from danger - who wants to be torn to shreds really? Not all people who kill themselves do it in an instant. She was in shock, she didn't fully understand what was happening. Who said she gave up really, anyway?

Tara said she saw a group of walkers surround her sister...so she couldn't really see anything. Again, a decapitation up front in your face is a lot more traumatizing than an obscured view.

As for her high profile family...people thinking shes hot...not apart of the character discussion at all. For the record I don't know about her family being UK based, and being gay find her not attractive.

You just sound like you hate Alana/Tara tbh. It is fine by me....she isn't my favourite, but she has potential and is a character that has actually reacted to traumas and deaths around her. Unlike Maggie. I think people should just give her a fair chance.

#103 Benrai2k, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  4. wdfanatic2

wdfanatic2 Member

I'm glad you made a point for me. You said Tara couldn't really see anything when Lilly was swarmed. That is what leads me to believe Lilly may have survived. Some of the characters are not reacting in a realistic way and I can't decide if TWD has a twist in mind for the viewers later on or if it's due to poor writing. Also, people who say it would be interesting seeing how she makes out since she hasn't been exposed to the ZA world, the same could be said about Lilly, who IMO was a much better actress. Some people say Tara's funny, but I just don't see anything funny about TWD. I'll choose the nurse in a ZA world any day before humor. I don't think the tough act was for her sister. She also did that when she was the first one to agree to attack the prison. No one in the group spoke up until she did.

#104 wdfanatic2, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  5. greene girl

greene girl Well-Known Member

I really really really want to like Tara because I love the actress...but I'm not feeling it. I would have preferred Lilly to have survived as well as Tara. At least she was a nurse, and had some b-a-l-l-s. I'm just finding it hard to warm up to Tara even though she definitely feels guilt and helps out our boy Glenn find his wife. I want to like Tara so badly but I would just choose her to die first after Gareth and Mary and all Terminus a-holes.

6. wdfanatic2

wdfanatic2 Member

Didn't Tara say Lilly was torn to shreds by walkers? Everyone is so sure she saw it they say Lilly is dead. I would think seeing your sister eaten alive would be traumatizing.

7. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

She probably didn't watch the whole thing...plus she was already in shock from seeing a man get beheaded in front of her...everyone reacts differently

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Do you have anything to prove this or are you just making a pretty nasty assumption because you're biased and dislike her? I have no problem with you disliking either Alanna or Tara, but making ridiculous assumptions to back up your dislike of her isn't okay.

9. greene girl

no hatin' on the actress! that should really be off limits! she has an adorable dog if you follow her on instagram!

10. wdfanatic2

wdfanatic2 Member

I think it's the personality, which reminds me of Andrea, who I also found her very annoying. I didn't have a problem when Andrea was killed.

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I love her dog!

I mean like, dislike her work though. You don't have to like her as an actress, or like the character. It's all subjective, depending on how you feel about the portrayal or character itself.

• Like Like x 2
  12. greene girl

nodding in agreement. :)

13. wdfanatic2

wdfanatic2 Member

IMO, that's how she got the job because she's a horrible actress, and TWD is ruining the show by putting young girl's asses in our faces as they did with Rosita. They seem to be trying to appeal to some adolescent immaturity.

14. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Tara saw Lily get piled upon - would have seen walkers on the floor biting her, but probably due to Tara being closer to the prison itself and Lily down the courtyard wouldn't have seen much graphic "content". Why is it so hard for your mind to envision this? Feel free to make conspiracies as to if she lived if you like. I doubt she has.

Tara has acted realistic. She has reacted to deaths despite if they are to your standards (mainly Lily's, cause you seem obsessed with her). Tara has spoke of Lily, Hershel, Meg and Alisa. Maggie? No-one, and forgotten about Beth. That is what I have issue with. Hopefully S5 Maggie will actually respond.

"People say it would have been interesting since not been exposed"...I agree. I found both characters interesting. You're the one hooked on the fact Lily died though. I was happy with any, and see positives in Tara.

"Some say Tara is funny but I don't see anything funny about TWD" - Well that sounds like your problem then and not a Tara exclusive one. TWD has had some moments that made me smirk and laugh a bit. They have Bob who is a medic anyway and the show isn't keeping characters based on their prior jobs. Medics die too, and just having Lily around whos a medic wouldn't especially make the show better.

Splitting hairs. Never said it was JUST an act for Lily, I said it was in aid to protect her sister. Tara was a training cop living with a sick dad, little megan and Lily with no combat experience. She felt like she had to be a protector. So she put on the tough act for them. She agreed to go along to the prison but not especially kill, she told Glenn she was hanging on to "Might".

Anyway I see you disliked Andrea too. I liked her. I agree Tara and Andrea have something similar about them, which is what I like. Regular people who lose a lot, and are broken - and are having to put an act on to seem as if they can cope. Andrea did become strong and a fighter, and Tara is as well when she saved Glenn. I loved seeing Andrea's journey through suicide, it drove me mad people thought she was annoying for going through a realistic reaction to loss. "Amy died? You're in a ZA with no hope! Stop moaning!"...people bug me more than any TV character could tbh.

I personally think Tara's acting is okay, I found Lily okay. None blew me away, none were bad either. Maggie improved a lot from S2 even if I am not fussed with her character. Tara could grow too. It is a shame Lily died..I was thinking after Ep8 of what things Lily would be involved in...was a bit sad she was just killed off. She and Tara were very diff yet came from the same background. Would have been good to see both evolve and how each sister differed.

But I think the bottom line is you need to accept Lily died, Tara lives as of now, and take personal hatred towards actors elsewhere.

#114 Benrai2k, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  15. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

It's only "RUINING THE SHOW" as you say if your a jealous woman who dislikes other good looking women. I'm by no means an adolescent but I may be a little immature, it keeps me young and I enjoy seeing Alanna Masterson and Christian Serratos as much as you probably like seeing the middle aged scruffy looking Norman Reedus, so give some of us guys a break about these two women.

#115 The Wolf, May 13, 2014
  16. greene girl

hahaha...that was awesome! Yes, we need to give the new ladies a chance, regardless of age...and since when does that matter? Even though I'm not 100% warmed up to Tara yet, maybe her character will grow and adapt in S5 and she will be a part of the crew!

17. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

We have to remember too that while a lot happened S4, we only spent small amounts of time with most of the cast due to bottleneck episodes. We met Tara in her comfort zone with her sister, now she has been thrown with no family in to a totally dangerous new world. She is obviously gonna be a bit miserable and down, but she has been in 3 eps since the prison battle, so I am happy she hasn't snapped in to a happy, chirpy persona so soon! Tara could become a really valuable member - she might be totally wasted...like Andrea. We'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  18. greene girl

I think it was just her pulling back when the going gets tough but did redeem herself for helping Glaggie reunite. I don't take issue with her feeling miserable instead of happy because that's a completely valid state of mind after all she and other characters have been through. Yes, agree that she could be part of the crew or not, remains to be seen in S5.

19. Cheria

Cheria Well-Known Member

I don't really care for Tara right now♫ But one thing for sure, if she protects Beth will her life/ become her close friend, she'll be my new favorite character♪

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I just don't find the actress that plays Tara to be very compelling. That's my biggest problem. Her performance and the way she delivers some of her lines bug me. It makes me think that her and Rosita were wrongly cast. Like they should be in a show like Teen Wolf or some Fox family channel show instead of the Walking Dead. I'm not asking for Meryl Streep or Jessica Lange, but give me acting that I can acknowledge or at least talk about. A pretty face is not going to make me like a character, there has to be more there.

I also can't take Tara seriously as a cop trainee. She is awful at holding a gun and she keeps tripping over herself. How do they expect me to believe she was in a police academy when she is such a klutz? They should have made her a lifeguard or something else. Hopefully both of the actresses that play Tara and Rosita improve so I can start to like them or at least acknowledge them.

#120 Kingston50, May 13, 2014