Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tara Vs. Dwight

Discussion in 'Episode 811 - Dead or Alive Or' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Who do you root for? ;)

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Dwight.

I know he's a weasel, but he's trying to make amends. As for Tara, I can't stand her. She should've been an early casualty in the war. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I don't think I'll ever root for Dwight because of things he has done to the group. But Tara was extra crazy tonight. Sometimes you gotta lay your vendettas aside for the overall goal. Dwight was helping them out the best he could under the circumstances. That should have been her focus and not killing him behind Daryl's back. Now he is stuck with the Savior's again but he saved her life in the process.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Neither. But I figured it would happen. At some point Dwight was going to do so something to earn her trust.

I still think he sacrifices himself at some point and dies a "hero". But we'll see.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sully

Sully Active Member

I wish we could go back and have her take Sasha's death while Sasha is still alive. I miss her.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Dwight.

They have been in similar situations, so you would think Tara would be uniquely qualified to understand what's been done, but a las.... We need to factor in Tara's minute long connection to Denise - which seems to have done more than cloud her judgement.. it flat out obliterated it.

Actions matter and so far:

Dwight has chosen a side and despite his brutal and vocal self awarness that Tara or Daryl will do him in eventually, he nevertheless remains committed to the plan. He wants Negan dead and so far has kept good on his word to help the militia achieve that.

Tara is committed to taking Dwight out for exclusively personal reasons and does not even consider the strategic benefits of keeping Dwight alive nor the damage/risks killing Dwight now could bring to the Militia (despite being told thes things directly). For example, chasing Dwight through the Saviour infested woods could have ended so much worse for our crew.. But Tara just had to do it...

Tara's a liability whereas Dwight is (like it or not) an asset.

Tara would be better served swapping with Enid and being involved with the Oceanside arc w/ Aaron. Those two could have actually been a great pair to watch. Also, Tara could have been the one to come up with the 'recruiting allies' idea and Aaron could have taken Enid's place as a tag along. They could have bonded over their respective losses too... But no... TWD doesnt want it's writing to make sense sometimes...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Dwight. I find Tara really annoying and hypocritical, being that when we first met her she was attacking the prison with the Governor. What if Glenn had simply shot her?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Dwight. Tara is annoying and her vengeance is going to get them killed.

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

As some said, Tara been there before, Her part in the Governors army kinda screwed over Hershel and the others. What was that? She did not shoot The governor? Why not you dumb bitch? Could be asked to her like how she is so aggressive to Dwight being forced to do Negans biding and bid his time before he could swap out.

I think Tara is poorly written 50% lol so funny and 50% REEEE! DINOSAUR SMASH MAD! She been okay before but now...nah!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Dwight. Only take me a sec to decide.

BTW, if I were Dwight, I would not go back to the compound. There were 4 saviours and they could be mowed down with an automatic weapon from behind. And, Tara could pick up one or two as well.

Instead, Dwight gambled that the escaped woman saviour had not returned to the sanctuary and told the others about his changing side. I think it is too big a gamble to take.

#10 Blueman, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Tara is way over the top here. I understood at first, and I still understand feeling resentment towards Dwight...but she is getting reckless and childish at this point. The majority of the group agreed to keep him around and use him as a resource, so she needs to suck it up. She really lucked out that the group of saviors happened by at that moment.

I think one purpose of Tara trying to kill Dwight is to really drive it home to the viewing audience that Dwight can be trusted at this point. If not for Tara's persistence, we may be questioning him ourselves..."can he really be trusted?" "how is Daryl so forgiving all of a sudden after everything Dwight did?" This Tara story is allowing all of this to be addressed. But it doesn't make her less obnoxious right now :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Tara is putting on too much weight. She needs to be put on a diet and have her extra portion spread amongst all the prisoners at the hilltop. She was also out of breath while chasing Dwight so again a diet and more exercise for her is important.

#12 Miamicuse, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

14. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Dwight. Tara was being dumb.

15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Dwight FTW!!!

I love Tara but jeez she was way over the top this episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

For a moment I thought that was exactly what was going to happen. Dwight was going to go for a weapon and in the confusion Tara was going to mow them down from behind but I guess that was too much to ask for. Of course last week I thought Jadis was going to be a lot smarter too and have snipers trained down on the Saviors who would have been sitting ducks if everyone started firing at them with a signal from her before she gave up their weapons. What do I know? I guess it would be too easy to start eliminating these small Savior groups that are out there. Negan could be sitting back at the compound wondering why no body comes back.

Oh, right now I'm in Dwight's corner. Tara is becoming a liability.

• Like Like x 2
  17. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Thus whole merry go round of some characters acting like different people week to week is just bizarre and frustrating to say the least.
    Tara was in a position to know something about Bad Judgement and being sucked in to an Evil Plan without realizing it and also has reason to be in mourning for her dead short term friend as well but then there is so little subtle reality with how this weeks Tara was written that it seems sort of cartoonish when all added together?

At least you get the feelz from D that seem realistic and plausible with his traitor behavior and though I can't stand hi in general at least I can believe his character unlike Tara right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Meteor.

I root for a meteor to hit the earth and smite them both. Not really a fan of either.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Dwight. The only stupid thing Dwight ever did of his own volition was steal from Daryl and return to the Saviors when he and his wife and sister-in-law had resolved to make a run for it. I'm still waiting for him to be reunited with his wife. There's the real love story.

Tara wouldn't have done what the writers had her do, and the others would not have left her alone "to watch out for the group," being fully aware of her state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TheJudge

TheJudge Member

I guess I should have read this before i made a thread about it. Oh well, my thread is staying because Tara is an idiot.

I would rather have Dwight because it looks like Tara is eating all the food.