Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Team Maggie vs. Team Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 903 - Warning Signs' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Where do you sit?

And what about how they handled Arat, specifically?

2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I'm torned. I don't like Maggie at all. But they are right and they should have lead with a huge cleanup, so I guess I'm with them. But Michonne... this is hard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I do think that Arat was working on change. I swear I am so conflicted I have no clear cut answer for your question

I do wonder if Laura will remain with team family or return to the savior fold

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I agree with one exception....I do like Maggie and I had such hope for her turning a new leaf last week. and then what happened tonight.....conflicted. but if everyone goes the way of vengeful maggie then everything that has come before will all have been for naught

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OH and I will forever be TEAM RICK

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Y'all should know where I'm sitting. Right with Maggie and Daryl. I told y'all after the last season finale that Maggie deserved some justice. As she stood there listening to Cindy's story, I knew she was gonna let them have their justice. To kill an 11 year old, smile and then say no exceptions, why should Arat be given mercy? If she was with Negan, she would be the same murderous troll she was as when she killed Olivia. So no one should be feeling sad to see her go. Sorry not sorry.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, what decided it for me was the fact that she smiled while executing an 11 year old. That's a deeper evil than just following a murderous leader to stay alive. No one kills an 11 year old and smiles unless they are a psychopath. That's not something a person does, its something they ARE. It makes it more complicated that they waited 18 months, it should have been done right away, but I'm hard pressed to disagree with the decision.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Neuropyramidal

It just dawned on me, Cyndie didn't cut her hand peeling no damn potaters!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I believe Negan once said he would never kill a child or a woman, just men ("all the live-long", or something like that).

Oceanside, like the trash folk, was all Simon, and Arat was cut from the same cloth. When ordered by Negan to execute a random Alexandrian, she just calmly shot Olivia in the head, no emotion, no big deal to her. I could see her killing a kid. I could see her killing anyone.

She may have been trying to atone, but got what she deserved. I'm with Maggie and Daryl on this one. Can you even imagine what watching someone kill your younger sibling (smiling, no less), then (basically) being forced to accept that this person goes unpunished would do to you? I know I'd want revenge.

And I think that watching all of that, hearing all of that, that's when Maggie decided ok enough, he's got to go.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

And I'm picking up a vibe (though I may be off) that Maggie and Rick are going to have a huge falling-out VERY soon (like next-week soon), and he'll be exiting before they have a chance to reconcile. Maggie will be haunted by it.

Back to the topic: THIS is exactly why I'm loving this season (so far). Here we are, discussing where we'd fall in this tragic scenario, and, really, there is no right or wrong answer. All we can do is debate, and THAT means it worked.

That was the best ten/fifteen minutes of writing I've seen (not just on TWD, but on tv, period) in a long while. Here I am in the wee hours, and I'm still processing it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I think that Rick wanted the world that Carl described so badly that he failed to see the inherent problems with the Saviors. Most of them, at least.
    The majority of them seemed to take pleasure in their cruelty. I don't think it's reasonable to think that those who suffered so greatly at their hands would be able to forgive and join hands. How could you ever trust them?
    I agree that what Arat did was beyond the pale. Simon may have made her kill, but she chose to taunt and smile as she did it. For me, there's no coming back from what she did/how she did it. I don't think that I would have stopped them from killing her.
    They completely surprised me tonight, though. I never suspected Oceanside.
    I'm really enjoying this season so far.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

I am not feelng it for Maggie. I feel like it’s too personal for her.
    Yet.... I thought the decision to let the Oceanside group kill Arat was corrrect (even though I kinda didn’t want her to die).

I was all “oh hell no, Trident-Weilder” until they reminded me of how the Saviors killed ALL the males, including the kids.
    Since I have boys this age.... my perspective went from “ummm” to “hell yes” in .03 seconds.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I lean Rick. While I agree for some people there is no coming back, I don't think Maggie has set a good example. Her and Daryl just walking away and letting the Oceansiders kill for revenge sits wrong with me.

There are real-world examples of things like this, and the only thing that happens if you allow vengeful killings like this is that when the other side gets a little more power, they revenge-kill you right back.

Then you look at things like what they did in Rwanda with the Gacaca courts and that allows reconciliation. For some, prison is given (even life), while for others, if they show remorse and ask forgiveness, they may get some jail or community service, but some are just returned to their own villages.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Rick would have a different attitude if Negan had picked Carl for the bat beating death.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Oh yeah... different show...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yes, I think overall they could have avoided some of these problems if they had executed Negan for all that he did.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Don’t talk about JDM that way. We need his liquid sex on this show.

18. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

Yes and no.

Executing Negan might have created a lot of resentment and fear among the savior survivors, making integration even more difficult.

I think realistically it should be on an individual basis.

19. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I'm team Maggie and Daryl. Arat deserved what she got. After 18 months Rick is still too idealistic. Look how the Saviors are still behaving even after they were allowed to live.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Maggie and Daryl. I have no problems with revenge killings. Because the Saviours can not be reasoned with. Didn't work before, not going to work in the future. Doesn't matter if Arat went around smiling and being helpful, the fact that she got away once with killing in cold blood, it will always be in her to kill again. And she lied at first about not remembering what she said when she killed Cindi's brother. On purpose. She knew exactly what she said and how she felt that caused her to kill a child.

IMO, she should have died more then once.

• Like Like x 1